Bank Out $30,000 After 101 Counterfei...

Bank Out $30,000 After 101 Counterfeit Checks Cashed There

There are 40 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Sep 20, 2007, titled Bank Out $30,000 After 101 Counterfeit Checks Cashed There. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Captain Mike Adams said the men cashed 101 counterfeit checks totaling $33,664.13. Adams said they pulled off the scam by sending the same men in multiple times.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“We Go Play Hoop”

Since: Jul 07

Falls Church, VA

#23 Sep 21, 2007
Festus wrote:
now come on you know these are just some poor fruit pickers the gov let slip thru bet they got ICE cards as well , send them all back across the border , this is one issue you can call me a racist on i will readily admit i don't like Mexicans!!!HONDURAS TRY GUATEMALAN !!!I Haave seen 1 of them boys around the one in the front at the counter they need to keep an eye out at the #1 flea market barnyard as well thats where they flock every sat early in the morning,
You racist...{snicker, snicker}
SunnyBunny

Lexington, SC

#25 Sep 21, 2007
How in the world? Why didn't they have to show identification to cash the checks in the first place. If they don't have one then they shouldn't cash the checks. Sounds like someone inside was getting a bonus!!!
O-Rangejel-lo

Columbia, SC

#26 Sep 21, 2007
Festus wrote:
<quoted text> well it is Orangeburg c'mon
Quit hatin on She'maqu'la she just do her best to make a pay check for bling bling, babys daddies ain't givin her no money.
REAL DEAL

Anderson, SC

#27 Sep 21, 2007
FOOL ME ONCE.........
Lonewolf

Batesburg, SC

#28 Sep 21, 2007
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Never Heard of a No Hat Law in Banks. I guess just about every man in the sate breaks this law when they enter a bank. Even the secruity guards...
It used to be considered a sign of good manners to take off a hat when entering a building,sadly,nobody hardly believes in using decency anymore.

Since: Sep 07

Blythewood, SC

#29 Sep 21, 2007
mary harris wrote:
why do the banks keep cashing these checks without the proper verification. It would be hard for me to try to cash a check at another bank without an account there, do they have inside help to get them cashed?
Thats what I was thinking, there must be someone on the inside assisting these guys. I would begin the investigation right there at the teller booth.
Not yet

Columbia, SC

#30 Sep 21, 2007
DDM wrote:
Oh Yeah, isn't it a law that you have to remove your hat when entering a bank?
The first time they came in with hats on someone should have asked them to take them off.
I remember reading an article - somewhere - about making it a law to remove hat and/or glasses when entering a bank. Nonetheless, I'm from the "old school" and any man (sorry, being a bit sexist but from what I can tell MOST bank robbers are male) of any caliber would remove his hat when entering a building. Any hat. Any building. Oh well.
The Great Predictor

United States

#31 Sep 21, 2007
How could this have happen with them being minorites. The tellers had to be blind in one eye and partial blind in the other eye.

They may have change shirts and hats
but faces don't change. Nor do hand writings. The teller could have compares signatures on the other checks cashed earlier.

Unless the tellers or teller was Hispanic or in on the deal.

We need Detective Friday to bring
these crooks to justice.(Dragnet)
Oh Friday was one of the best.

“Head Cracker”

Since: Aug 07

Columbia, SC

#32 Sep 21, 2007
spot wrote:
<quoted text>LMFAO You work for a fortune 10 bank huh? Well maybe they'll help send you back to school so you can learn to read. It says as plain as day in the article $30,000. You're either real stupid or a liar.
What a chump, ready to jump on someone for a mistype. How about you go ahead and overdose on your Prozac for the world will not miss you!Ewww.. I bet that stings....
Yogi

West Columbia, SC

#33 Sep 21, 2007
THE HISPANIC FOLKS ARE CAUSING A LOT OF HAVOC HERE IN THE US. DON'T THESE PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO ACT? IF IT IS NOT ONE THING IT IS ANOTHER WITH THEM. THEY NEED TO BE PUNISHED, OR SEND THEM BACK TO MEXICO. MAYBE IN MEXICO THEY CRIMES ARE ALLOWED. BUT HERE IN THE U.S. THEY NEED TO KNOW THAT CRIME IS PUNISHABLE... MAKE THE MEXICANS ACCOUNTABLE, OR SEND THEM BACK.

“Lets take America Back!”

Since: Apr 07

America, U,S,A.

#34 Sep 21, 2007
Yogi wrote:
THE HISPANIC FOLKS ARE CAUSING A LOT OF HAVOC HERE IN THE US. DON'T THESE PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO ACT? IF IT IS NOT ONE THING IT IS ANOTHER WITH THEM. THEY NEED TO BE PUNISHED, OR SEND THEM BACK TO MEXICO. MAYBE IN MEXICO THEY CRIMES ARE ALLOWED. BUT HERE IN THE U.S. THEY NEED TO KNOW THAT CRIME IS PUNISHABLE... MAKE THE MEXICANS ACCOUNTABLE, OR SEND THEM BACK.
They are only here to work hard at jobs "we" wont do so they can send money back their country to feed entires villages.

I think these are actully White folk dressed up to look like a wet back.

“We Go Play Hoop”

Falls Church, VA

#35 Sep 21, 2007
Yogi wrote:
Well, if they are illegal, who cares about accountability? Just send 'em back...
Becky

Columbus, OH

#36 Sep 21, 2007
Festus wrote:
now come on you know these are just some poor fruit pickers the gov let slip thru bet they got ICE cards as well , send them all back across the border , this is one issue you can call me a racist on i will readily admit i don't like Mexicans!!!HONDURAS TRY GUATEMALAN !!!I Haave seen 1 of them boys around the one in the front at the counter they need to keep an eye out at the #1 flea market barnyard as well thats where they flock every sat early in the morning,
Well let me tell you something those "poor fruit pickers" are ones who are paying your food stamps. If it wasn't for those "poor fruit pickers" you would die you ignorant citizen of the United States. And not all hispnanics are "poor fruit pickers" i am a mexican and i'm proud to say that i am and i work in a insurance office and no not as a janitor but as a agent so shut up the h3ll up

Since: Jun 07

Decatur, GA

#37 Sep 21, 2007
You got PUNKED by a bunch of illegal (mexican) immigrants. What a discress.I want be opening any checking accounts at your bank.

“We Go Play Hoop”

Falls Church, VA

#38 Sep 21, 2007
Becky wrote:
<quoted text>
Well let me tell you something those "poor fruit pickers" are ones who are paying your food stamps. If it wasn't for those "poor fruit pickers" you would die you ignorant citizen of the United States. And not all hispnanics are "poor fruit pickers" i am a mexican and i'm proud to say that i am and i work in a insurance office and no not as a janitor but as a agent so shut up the h3ll up
And are you legally here in the US? If you say yes, then the convo should end right there, because obviously festus' reference doesn't apply to you. That's festus' derogatory phrase in reference to ILLEGALS not to you law abiding, legal hispanic citizens...

Also, American's would get the work done without illegals just fine...
GOMERIAO

Maxton, NC

#40 Sep 21, 2007
WHAT DO YOU THINK
THEY ARE ILEGAL
AND LIKE TO
PLAY WITH YOU
YOU CANT TELL THEM
APART

ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS COMIT
A CRIME THEN
THE JUST CHANGE THERE NAME
AND GET FAKE ID AND SO ON

WHAT DO YOU DUMB AMERICANS

EXPECT WHEN YOU ALOW

20,000,000 OF THEMS CRIME IN
A I MEAN COME IN

I DONT SEE 20,000,000
AMERICANS GO TO MECHECOE
MEXICO
Lynn

Atlanta, GA

#42 Sep 21, 2007
Hey I thought the bank had a sophisticated system that could detect counterfeit checks. Also, I thought that if you do not have an account with the bank, it is required to take a finger print and two forms of identification.

“Lets take America Back!”

Since: Apr 07

America, U,S,A.

#43 Sep 21, 2007
Lynn wrote:
Hey I thought the bank had a sophisticated system that could detect counterfeit checks. Also, I thought that if you do not have an account with the bank, it is required to take a finger print and two forms of identification.
We are talking about Orangeburg tellers...need I say more?
spot

Maxton, NC

#44 Sep 22, 2007
I'm puzzled as to why my last post was deleted.
Unicron of A3HipHop

United States

#45 Oct 30, 2007
Becky wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to apologize for wasting my time reading the comments posted here. Besides Becky and a few others, the majority of the posters here focused on the alleged criminals' nationality more than anything else. WLTX's article never stated they were illegal immigrant's but I applaud the negative posters here for speaking from the heart. I say if you're a racist let it be known. The First Amendment give us all the right to free speech, no matter how twisted your speech may be. Being Hispanic is not a crime and can not be changed. Defrauding a bank is a criminal act deserving punishment and can be changed. A racist mentality can be changed as well. It's just up to the perpatrators to make those changes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New road Feb '17 LindaV 1
Hensley settlement questions Oct '16 FamilyTree 1
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) Aug '16 Cary Cottle 1
Helens Motel (May '06) Jul '16 Tormay 2
donald scott bannister is a child molester. (Dec '12) Jul '16 Survivor 7
Debate: Marijuana - Manning, SC (Sep '10) Feb '16 Kim Jones 5
Orangeburg is the worst city in the US (Apr '06) Oct '15 Buck Jonez 98

Manning Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance