Care Facility Supervisor Charged In A...

Care Facility Supervisor Charged In Abuse Case

There are 25 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Feb 27, 2008, titled Care Facility Supervisor Charged In Abuse Case. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

The Clarendon County Sheriff's Department has charged a supervisor of a special needs facility in Alcolu for failing to report the abuse of a resident.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SCC

Ridgeland, SC

#1 Feb 27, 2008
this is so sad

“Raising a stink”

Since: Jun 07

Little River, SC

#2 Feb 27, 2008
The devil is saving special seats for those who abuse the handicapped...
Not Me

Winnsboro, SC

#3 Feb 27, 2008
Why get yourself in trouble trying to cover up somebody else's mess?
SABRINA SMALLS

Sumter, SC

#4 Feb 27, 2008
I KNOW HELEN AND I KNOW SHE WOULD NEVER ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN. SHE IS MY AUNT AND I LOVE AND SUPPORT HER. SHE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THESE ALLIGATIONS SO BACK UP OFF HER. SHE THE SWEETEST PERSON IN THE WORLD AND WAS NOT RAISED TO HURT THE DISABLED. THERE IS STILL A SEAT IN HEAVEN WAITING ON HER......NOT IN HELL. (GET IT RIGHT)
ALC

Columbia, SC

#5 Feb 27, 2008
Ppl tend to jump to conclusions in any negative situations. Helen is a church member of mine, being that she didn't report it doesn't send her to he!!. No one really knows what happened but those involved...God bless all involved & touched by this situation. Prayers for Mitchs' physical, mental, spiritual and emotional recovery; prayers for Helen's enduring faith, mental, spititual & emotional strength. Mr. Brown...who am I to judge..prayers for you, too.
ALC

Columbia, SC

#6 Feb 27, 2008
Oops...that's spiritual...mispelled.
EC- Manning SC

Columbia, SC

#7 Feb 27, 2008
My heart goes out to all involved, especially Helen. Prayers for them all.
LJK

Sumter, SC

#8 Feb 27, 2008
Helen is a very kind person and I hope and pray that this is not true! We never know what is going on with others. It has not been a year ago that Mitch hit Helen so badly she was in ICU for days. Though is no reason to cover up abuse it may give some insight in to the situation.
As for the Clarendon County DSN Board it is one to the finest organizations. It's staff care of these consumers as if they are there own family I do hope that this will not over shadow all the good that is being done there.
LSU

Lexington, SC

#9 Feb 27, 2008
735stacey wrote:
The devil is saving special seats for those who abuse the handicapped...
Who are you to place a bad comment, casting judgement you better worry about getting your life right with God... Sweep around your own front door before you sweep around someone elses because you may be on your way to hell right now!! I mean that from the heart.
LSU

Lexington, SC

#10 Feb 27, 2008
This comment goes to 735Stacey and Not Me... Who are you to say what you will or will not do... nobody is trying to cover up no mess and if you don't have nothing nice to say then stay off of here casting judgement on people you do not know those that judge will be judge. You cast stones and then you are the one live in a glass house yourself. You get your life right with God and you won't have time to be on here making comments about this. Sweep around your front door before you sweep around someone elses.

“Raising a stink”

Since: Jun 07

Little River, SC

#11 Feb 27, 2008
LSU wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you to place a bad comment, casting judgement you better worry about getting your life right with God... Sweep around your own front door before you sweep around someone elses because you may be on your way to hell right now!! I mean that from the heart.
I may be, but at least it won't be for beating a helpless mentally handicapped person or protecting someone who did. Like I sid, Satan has special plans for those people.
rusty flowers

Columbia, SC

#12 Feb 27, 2008
people who abuse the mentally challenged should be thrown under the jail.
LSU

Lexington, SC

#13 Feb 27, 2008
This message is to Not Me if you don't have nothing nice to say than stay off of here I am sick of people like you and 735Stacey casting judgement when those that judge will be judge. More than likely you stay in glass house and you have the nerve to throw stones.
ALC

Columbia, SC

#14 Feb 27, 2008
Sigh...opinions are just that...opinions. We ALL fall, have fallen and will fall short at some point in our life. We all have loved ones we care about and if and when the table turns, there will still be opinions voiced. Why make this a 'match?' No one knows how this will be handled from authorities point of views or from God. There are many things to consider...Peace to all.
duh

Columbia, SC

#15 Feb 27, 2008
If she knew about it, allowed it to happen, and turned a blind eye to it, then she's just as guilty as an enabler.
Dianne

Sumter, SC

#16 Feb 27, 2008
duh wrote:
If she knew about it, allowed it to happen, and turned a blind eye to it, then she's just as guilty as an enabler.
You are right. There is a saying "you promote what you permit".
OMY

Lexington, SC

#17 Feb 27, 2008
My prayers for all. I know it's difficult to handle special need people. It takes a lot of patience, kindness. To the one that did the abuse this special needs person has an excuse what is yours for abusing him? I know they can be loud, nasty and some times violent you just have to know how to handle the situation without going that way too!!

“Snowman, you got your ears on?”

Since: May 07

"Eastbound & Down"

#18 Feb 27, 2008
LSU wrote:
This comment goes to 735Stacey and Not Me... Who are you to say what you will or will not do... nobody is trying to cover up no mess and if you don't have nothing nice to say then stay off of here casting judgement on people you do not know those that judge will be judge. You cast stones and then you are the one live in a glass house yourself. You get your life right with God and you won't have time to be on here making comments about this. Sweep around your front door before you sweep around someone elses.
So beating a special needs person is fine. Is that what you are saying. Are you someone who gets a thrill out of doing this same thing. I agree with Stacey, there is a place in HE LL waiting on people like this.
Dianne

Sumter, SC

#19 Feb 27, 2008
LSU wrote:
Okay. I swept around my front door. Now can I say there is a special place in h e l l for people who do beat disabled people?
OLIVER

Sumter, SC

#20 Feb 27, 2008
HELEN IS A VERY NICE AND CARING PERSON, AND I KNOW THAT SHE WOULDNT DO ANYTHING TO HARM ANYONE. WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU HELEN!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hensley settlement questions Oct '16 FamilyTree 1
Trump for President, He will win. watch Aug '16 Cary Cottle 1
Helens Motel (May '06) Jul '16 Tormay 2
donald scott bannister is a child molester. (Dec '12) Jul '16 Survivor 7
Debate: Marijuana - Manning, SC (Sep '10) Feb '16 Kim Jones 5
Orangeburg is the worst city in the US (Apr '06) Oct '15 Buck Jonez 98
Nikki Haley Supports Spartanburg Resettlement (Aug '15) Aug '15 Trumpet 1

Manning Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance