Sanford signs motorcycle's stoplight law at ceremony

A trio of cruisers wait at the stoplight of 9th Avenue North and Kings Highway as a sport bike passes by on Sunday in Myrtle Beach. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Here is Sandfords sign

Columbia, SC

#42 Jul 10, 2008
Who gets blamed when there is an accident??? Stupid law...
SHOVELHEAD

United States

#43 Jul 10, 2008
popo wrote:
<quoted text>
so you are the one making all that late nite noise in GC We will be looking for you.
GO ahead po po my bike is legal and if you are a real police officer on that end you probably know who I am any way and probably drank coffee with me at the kangaroo on your break. Seriously I ride at night but dont rev up and raise hell just crusing The trash truck at 3;30 makes more noise than my bike does and think I am helping the good citizens while they sleep because if I saw anyone trying to break into your house or car i would call the police SHOVELHEAD GCB SC
SHOVELHEAD

United States

#44 Jul 10, 2008
Nurse Betty wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG Southern Girl that is the most intelligent thing you said all day.
Southern Girl Nurse Betty Not all bikers drink I know i am in the minority but like I said before there are abuses on any law YES like i have said many times before good common sense and judgement go a long way see my scenerio post a few posts upand see what you think SHOVELHEAD GCB SC
Nick

Greenville, SC

#45 Jul 10, 2008
Here is Sandfords sign wrote:
The biker. The light was red for the biker, who chose to go through it when it wasn't safe to do so, being that the light was most likely green for the other road. If it was red for that side, and the light for the biker was green, then the law is not in affect.
SHOVELHEAD

United States

#46 Jul 10, 2008
Here is Sandfords sign wrote:
I guess every accident has its own contributing merits and causes each one would have different circumstances but good sense and judgement on both ends [car and motorcycle alike] goes a long ways SHOVELHEAD GCB SC
07Soft

Aynor, SC

#47 Jul 10, 2008
If you don't ride,just shut the #el^ UP!!!!
ElizabethMB

Columbia, SC

#48 Jul 10, 2008
What an incredibly ridiculous law. As a car driver, I feel a bit of discrimination. I, too would love to be able to run a red light when there are no cars in the way. There's a lot of people out there that think SC may be a little backwards, and this is proof.
Loves MB

East Haven, CT

#49 Jul 10, 2008
Wow!! Thats one way of gettin rid of more bikers.
I live in Surfside six months of the year.
I work, I pay taxes,I shop at the local stores, and I LOVE bike week in the fall. I am a single ,little 53 year old woman and feel totally safe at this rally.
I would NOT be in MB during BBW cuz its too risky and I can not tolerate bad behavior.
Is MB so well off that they can afford to throw away that much revenue?
It really just doesn't make $$$ and sense!!!!!
southern girl

Lexington, SC

#50 Jul 10, 2008
Nurse Betty wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG Southern Girl that is the most intelligent thing you said all day.
it is the only thing i said today and i do believe it is true.
Wilson

Myrtle Beach, SC

#51 Jul 10, 2008
southern girl wrote:
SANFORD YOUR LAW WILL CREATE MORE PROBLEMS. AND MORE DEATHS.
WHAT ARE YOU ON SANFORD WHAT DRUG ARE YOU TAKING.THE STUPID LAWS YOU SIGN,. WHO IS PAYING YOU OFF SANFORD.
THE BIKERS DON'T ALL KNOW WHEN 2 MIN ARE UP. ESPECIALLY IF THEIR DRINKING WHICH IS THE MAJOR PROBLEM HERE.
THEY WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS NEW LAW.
SANFORD WHERE IS YOUR BRAINS. ARE YOU SITTING ON IT.
THAT IS WHY WE HAVE RED AND GREEN LIGHTS. WHEN THE FIRST ACCIDENT HAPPENS THAT KILLS A INNOCENT FAMILY THAT WILL BE YOUR FAULT. HOPE YOU SLEEP AT NITE.
This wins the dumbest post of the week award.

The governor is not on drugs, though I don't particularly agree with this law.

He is not sitting on his brains and the proof lies in the fact that our taxes our some of the lowest in the nation, Horry County and all the idiots that voted for the sales tax increases notwithstanding, and we can actually live in a free society unlike the Peoples Republic of New Jersey.

Name one other "stupid law" he has signed.

Pick up a dictionary and learn how to spell.

Pick up a book on English grammar and learn something.

Caps Lock on means you are shouting and most folks ignore shouting (maybe I should).

Finally, how many families are on bikes? See, the main reason this law isn't a good one is because it is the BIKERS who lose, not me in my truck. Which wins in a truck vs. bike confrontation? The truck. So, go right ahead and pull out in front of me. I'll feel bad but MY life will go own.

This concludes your education for this evening.
Conway Guy

Conway, SC

#52 Jul 10, 2008
Why can't they turn right, then left, then right again? Cut the block? And who is going to time these guys?
Conway Guy

Conway, SC

#53 Jul 10, 2008
Now cops will be timing the bikers. Two minutes seems like a long time to wait. And You have to prove that you were at the light for over 2 minutes.
Goldenhawk

United States

#54 Jul 10, 2008
Well it is obvious that some of you have never been on a motorcycle at a light. The reason this was passed is because the weight of the rider and bike are not enough to activate the sensors in the roads and we are made to wait long periods before the system finally decides to give us the green. Usually when a car or truck finally pulls to the other side of the intersection. It is not intended to just do a quick stop yield and go. We know that. We also know that when we do go, we need to yield to the traffic that has the green. Yes there will be some idiots as with any law that will cause problems but for the most part it is good.
Pawleys Island

United States

#55 Jul 10, 2008
southern girl wrote:
SANFORD YOUR LAW WILL CREATE MORE PROBLEMS. AND MORE DEATHS.
WHAT ARE YOU ON SANFORD WHAT DRUG ARE YOU TAKING.THE STUPID LAWS YOU SIGN,. WHO IS PAYING YOU OFF SANFORD.
THE BIKERS DON'T ALL KNOW WHEN 2 MIN ARE UP. ESPECIALLY IF THEIR DRINKING WHICH IS THE MAJOR PROBLEM HERE.
THEY WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS NEW LAW.
SANFORD WHERE IS YOUR BRAINS. ARE YOU SITTING ON IT.
THAT IS WHY WE HAVE RED AND GREEN LIGHTS. WHEN THE FIRST ACCIDENT HAPPENS THAT KILLS A INNOCENT FAMILY THAT WILL BE YOUR FAULT. HOPE YOU SLEEP AT NITE.
First of all the Gov. signed the bill into law, this bill was voted on in the House and Senate and passed. Then sent to the Gov. to sign into law, you need to address this issue with not only Sanford but the full House and Senate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Sep 26 Very Interesting 1,153
SC SC Hunting and Fishing Amendment, Amendment 1 (Oct '10) Sep 24 James doe 48
donald scott bannister is a child molester. (Dec '12) Jul '14 whereishenow 5
Gerald Truesdell, Jr. May '14 crishta 1
Review: Church Of The Redeemer (Mar '14) Mar '14 fustrated church ... 1
Orangeburg is the worst city in the US (Apr '06) Mar '14 DrByte 93
Christ New Covenant Vision Outreach Ground-Brea... (Feb '07) Mar '14 KELVIN R WILLIAMS 6

Manning Jobs

Manning People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Manning News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Manning

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]