Sanford signs motorcycle's stoplight law at ceremony

Full story: Myrtle Beach Online

A trio of cruisers wait at the stoplight of 9th Avenue North and Kings Highway as a sport bike passes by on Sunday in Myrtle Beach.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of54
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Double RR

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Ok So This JACKASS Signs A Bill To Allow Bikers To Run A Red light Even Though They Don't Have To Wear A Helmet, SO IN OTHER WORDS WHEN THEY GO THRU THE Red Light And Get HIT By A Car WITH NO HELMET ON THAT'S PERFECTLY OK WHAT A DIPSHIT WHO VOTED THIS GUY IN OFFICE
Robin Hood

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Double RR wrote:
Ok So This JACKASS Signs A Bill To Allow Bikers To Run A Red light Even Though They Don't Have To Wear A Helmet, SO IN OTHER WORDS WHEN THEY GO THRU THE Red Light And Get HIT By A Car WITH NO HELMET ON THAT'S PERFECTLY OK WHAT A DIPSHIT WHO VOTED THIS GUY IN OFFICE
Are you a motorcyclist?
Dave

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Last time I looked memorial bike week was people in cars. They did not have bikes and they did not have vendors. Guess come next BBW there are going to be some very upset people in Myrtle beach ,when they see the Mayors plan did not work.
Peanut

Summerville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

This a terrible law. Many people will die or be hurt by this new law. How many bikers do you really believe will look at their watches to see if 2 minutes have passed. Whats the hurry, stop and smell the roses!!
nASCAR19036

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

What a DUMB DUMB law.....And does anyone REALLY think they'll be waiting 2 minutes let alone 2 seconds to go blow through the light. Ought to be interesting reading the paper the next couple of months seeing all these innocent people swerving out of the way to avoid hitting them. Hope the out of stater's get wise real quick too.......
jwa

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Oh Lord whats next.
COZMO

Conway, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Anyone who opposes this new law just isn't a biker, and is probably just pissed that he can't go through a red light. If you're a biker, you know how it is to sit at a light until a car comes to trip the plate under the pavement so you can go. This law us just what the MAN said, "Common Sense"
The Imagineer

Summerville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Most of the time this happens late at night when nobody is around. It isn't a big deal. Any biker caught doing it in traffic deserves a good smashing/running over. Win/Win
Makes sense to me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

So you people who don't understand this law think it stupid? What do you think a biker does now when their bike doesn't trip the signal and the light stays red...sit there for hours until a car finally stops behind them and trips the light??? Of course not, they go when it's clear. It is still their responsibility to check both ways, this isn't a law which allows them to be reckless!!! Have you ever walked across the street where there are no cross-walks? Did you just step out without looking...Of course not! It's called common sense.
Hangin at the beach

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Watch how many accidents we have now, and how many bikers do you think are going to say hey I waited 2 minutes and it didn't change so I went, so if there is an accident who is going to be responsible?? The biker who went against the red light or the car who went with the green light??
Hangin at the beach

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

jwa wrote:
Oh Lord whats next.
We leave the town for the month of may and let the bikers and or tourists have it for may hummm I wonder is the city going to pay our mortgage, taxes, and give us money for missing work?
Hangin at the beach

Murrells Inlet, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Robin Hood wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a motorcyclist?
Ya know what when you live here year round and deal with the traffic you have the right to comment. Until then hush and when you live here (not just for may) and deal with all the summer traffic then comment. If we really wanted to get rid of ya all we have to do is pass the helmet law and you'll all go away!
led520

Georgetown, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

for the SLOW people on this board . The LIGHT will NOT change due to the WEIGHT of the motorcycles . for the slow people. It will STAY red . Again slower, the light will not change. i know , i know , the light at your house changes. All traffic lights are not the same.
THE LIGHT WILL NOT CHANGE . if i wear a helmet (i do by the way ) the light will not change . Am i talking too fast.
I live here

Murrells Inlet, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

I live here and ride and have ridden a motorcycle since 1965.
This law is stupid.
If the light doesn't change and no one is around in the middle of the night then ride on.
If the conditions are not correct then just turn right twice.
It is easy and no stupid law catering to a minority is required.
That wont work

Andrews, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Why does everyone think that if there is a helmet law that us bikers will go away. While they may not wear them in SC EVERYONE has a helmet since most other states you need them. Cant go to NC without a helmet. If SC passed a helmet law then we would wear them all the time , we wouldnt go away!!!
The Opinionated One

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Hangin at the beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know what when you live here year round and deal with the traffic you have the right to comment. Until then hush and when you live here (not just for may) and deal with all the summer traffic then comment. If we really wanted to get rid of ya all we have to do is pass the helmet law and you'll all go away!
Talk about ignorant - you moved to a "tourist destination" at least that is what your tourist bureau mails me every time summer rolls around. Deal with your choice or move...
darts

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Hangin at the beach wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had lived here long enough, you would have know that South Carolina had a helmet law; it didn't stop the bikers then and it won't stop them now.
Hangin at the beach

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

led520 wrote:
for the SLOW people on this board . The LIGHT will NOT change due to the WEIGHT of the motorcycles . for the slow people. It will STAY red . Again slower, the light will not change. i know , i know , the light at your house changes. All traffic lights are not the same.
THE LIGHT WILL NOT CHANGE . if i wear a helmet (i do by the way ) the light will not change . Am i talking too fast.
Was I live here talking to Fast for YOU?
Myrtle Beach Bobby

Murrells Inlet, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

I can just see it now. Bikers pulling out their stop watches to actually wait 2 minutes. How many bikers bodies will it take to repeal this ill conceived law?
freyes1948

Lexington, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

This has got to be the most irresponsible bill I have ever seen. As an example we already have problems with the right on red law where people DO NOT STOP, LOOK AND THEN TURN, they just slow down enough to make the right turn. Only one state has this law, what about the other 49 states? They do not seem to have this problem. I am a licensed motorcycle rider and have lived and ridden in 14 states and the signal lights worked just fine. It is easier to legislate than to go out and really fix the problem, better signalling systems.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of54
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Manning Discussions

Search the Manning Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) 11 hr Lawrence Wolf 1,126
donald scott bannister is a child molester. (Dec '12) Jul 14 David Lopez 4
Gerald Truesdell, Jr. May '14 crishta 1
Review: Church Of The Redeemer Mar '14 fustrated church member 1
Orangeburg is the worst city in the US (Apr '06) Mar '14 DrByte 93
Christ New Covenant Vision Outreach Ground-Brea... (Feb '07) Mar '14 KELVIN R WILLIAMS 6
SC SC Hunting and Fishing Amendment, Amendment 1 (Oct '10) Feb '14 JUST 4 YOUR INFO 47
•••
•••
•••
•••

Manning Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Manning People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••