Elderly Woman Attacked by Robber Back...

Elderly Woman Attacked by Robber Back in Hospital

There are 33 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Dec 18, 2007, titled Elderly Woman Attacked by Robber Back in Hospital. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

A Manning woman who was attacked on Monday afternoon at the Dollar General Store is back in the hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
IGOR

United States

#1 Dec 18, 2007
"Out on bond" When will these panty waist judges stop this crap. Judges should be elected so they too can be held accountable. Truth in sentencing, no parole, and cash bonds that mean something
not some ten percent BS!!!
CommonSense_

Elgin, SC

#2 Dec 18, 2007
JUST SICKENING THAT HE WANTS TO BEAT ON AN ELDERLY WOMAN AND TAKE HER CAR AND MONEY!!!
Peace

Columbia, SC

#3 Dec 18, 2007
Prayers for her full recovery and for comfort, strength and peace. Kudos for her courage.
Justice

AOL

#4 Dec 18, 2007
The Holidays are here!!
have mercy

Camden, SC

#5 Dec 18, 2007
I hope he gets the same treatment in jail. The poor old lady!

“Protect our natural resources”

Since: Jul 07

Napa Valley

#6 Dec 18, 2007
Thats why I have a concealed weapon permit, may she heal quickly. Hope he gets the max.

“Speak your mind.”

Since: Aug 07

Toccoa, GA

#7 Dec 18, 2007
Peace wrote:
Prayers for her full recovery and for comfort, strength and peace. Kudos for her courage.
Agreed!!

EJF is coming with useless, unrelated statistics and stories in 5,4,3,2,1...
FedUp

Decatur, GA

#8 Dec 18, 2007
Why in the world would he do this to an old women. He's a sick @&& hole. I hope he gets just what he deserves.

“"You're kidding, right?"”

Since: Jun 07

Columbia, South Carolina

#10 Dec 18, 2007
This piece of garbage is a true waste of skin. What goes around comes around. The justice system has just made it so much easier to go out and rob innocent people than to get a job and support themselves and their many offspring.
Janie

Georgetown, SC

#12 Dec 18, 2007
Throw his worthless Bu** in jail and throw away the key.

Scumbag like that who beats up defenseless women should be given hard labor so he doesn't have any energy to beat up other people.
SVG

United States

#13 Dec 18, 2007
Sorry behind, shiftless, p u n k! Pick on someone your own age, sex, like a real man!
Sam Willard

Gilbert, SC

#14 Dec 19, 2007
Now if our justice system protected victams maybe Ms.Tanner would be just fine today.
Caring Parent

Columbia, SC

#15 Dec 19, 2007
If he would have still been in jail, this woman wouldn't be hurt. Beating an 85-year old woman, yea he intended on killing her. Just rediculous. It's a shame that you see alot of attacks on our senior citizens.....people should be ashamed of themselves.
Why

Maxton, NC

#16 Dec 19, 2007
Easy, OLD, Female, White, an easy mark, sounds like a hate crime to me. Let's call in the FBI and see if we can get a march together protesting the beting of old white women by black men.
FedUp wrote:
Why in the world would he do this to an old women. He's a sick @&& hole. I hope he gets just what he deserves.
Lil One

Columbia, SC

#17 Dec 19, 2007
Old big PUNK, now someone needs to beat his behind. It's a shame he did this to her. I wish her a godspeed recovery.

COWARD!!!!!
Mom of 2

Okatie, SC

#18 Dec 19, 2007
I pray this woman recovers fully from this.

As for the scum bag that did this. I pray that her family finds him when he gets out and makes him pay for what he did. I know if that was my Mom, there would not be a hole deep enough for him to hide in.

God Bless everyone and Merry Christmas!
JDidGirl

Columbia, SC

#19 Dec 19, 2007
This is just disgusting. I mean, it is bad enough that people in general can be so mean and cruel to one another, but this sorry excuse for a man (he's a low-life wimp) can't go out and get a J~O~B like everyone else so instead he beats up on a poor little old lady in a parking lot in order to steal her purse. How pathetic this person is. I watched this news segment last night and nearly cried for the poor lady (and her family). If this moron and waste of good oxygen can do this to a poor, defenseless elderly lady then we can all just imagine what he would be capable of with just about anyone else. I pray they put this guy in prison in general population and let it be known that he liked to beat on elderly people... someone in there will let it be known that he's not so tough.
JDidGirl

Columbia, SC

#20 Dec 19, 2007
Why wrote:
Easy, OLD, Female, White, an easy mark, sounds like a hate crime to me. Let's call in the FBI and see if we can get a march together protesting the beting of old white women by black men.
<quoted text>
Why, Why? Why does this have to be a race issue? This really isn't about race. This is about a senseless act by someone done to someone who cannot defend themselves. It's a horrible crime. Most of us (and, yes, obviously there are some out there who have put the race spin on it, but not all of us) are looking at this and thinking... Dear God... what if this had been my mother? Not... oh my God... a black man did this to a white woman. Come on... use common sense people... no matter the color of the victim or the person responsible... this is horrible. Let's stop making a race issue out of everything and see it at face value. This scum... black, white, or otherwise... attacked an elderly lady and it is sickening.
OMY

Lexington, SC

#21 Dec 19, 2007
Please someone in there beat the tar out of him. He is no MAN he is a coward beating an elderly person like that.

Ms. Tanner I will be praying for you and you can feel proud for fighting back.

“Don't forget to vote!”

Since: Aug 07

Sumter, SC

#22 Dec 19, 2007
"Brock was out on bond for attempted armed robbery and resisting arrest about three months ago."

See, that makes me mad, because if he wasn't released on bond he wouldn't have been able to commit the same crime, and that woman wouldn't be spending the holidays in a hospital.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New road Feb '17 LindaV 1
Hensley settlement questions Oct '16 FamilyTree 1
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) Aug '16 Cary Cottle 1
Helens Motel (May '06) Jul '16 Tormay 2
donald scott bannister is a child molester. (Dec '12) Jul '16 Survivor 7
Debate: Marijuana - Manning, SC (Sep '10) Feb '16 Kim Jones 5
Orangeburg is the worst city in the US (Apr '06) Oct '15 Buck Jonez 98

Manning Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance