Woman Handcuffed to Car & Abandoned o...

Woman Handcuffed to Car & Abandoned on Highway

There are 28 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Mar 5, 2008, titled Woman Handcuffed to Car & Abandoned on Highway. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

A South Carolina woman is speaking out after being handcuffed to the grill of a State Trooper's patrol car, then abandoned on the side of the highway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ICW JOHN

Dorval, Canada

#1 Mar 5, 2008
tell the whole story! not just the black crap! she loaned car to someone who in turn loaned it to someone and so on! and she had to say this bad back crap! bull! she is probably on social security disability and every other free thing she can get! once again; story of white against black surfaces without the whole story!
drewb

Saint Simons Island, GA

#2 Mar 5, 2008
ICW JOHN wrote:
tell the whole story! not just the black crap! she loaned car to someone who in turn loaned it to someone and so on! and she had to say this bad back crap! bull! she is probably on social security disability and every other free thing she can get! once again; story of white against black surfaces without the whole story!
How is that not the whole story? Its on tape. They basically just reported what was on the tape along with her explanation of how her car ended up on the side of the road. Seriously, all you're doing with your comments is perpetuating stereotypes and discrimination. Thanks for doing your part to better society!
glockowner

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Mar 5, 2008
How long was she handcuffed to the car? Did the officer come right back or leave her there for hours? What's the officer's side of the story?
Angela

Milwaukee, WI

#4 Mar 5, 2008
ICW JOHN wrote:
What the hell is wrong with you? That is the whole story you idiot. She is a RETIRED prison officer, meaning she worked for the government and actually contributed to the well being of our society. There is no reason why this woman should have been handcuffed at all. It's not her fault that she lent her car to someone and then they lent it to someone else. All she was trying to do is pick up her car. People like you make me sick. You think that since she's a black person she's living on government assistance. NEWS FLASH: not all black people mooch off of the government. There are alot of us who actually work hard for what they get in life. You're probably living off the government yourself. Get a life!!
glockowner

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Mar 5, 2008
Since when does the media give the WHOLE story?
YEA RIGHT

Auburn Hills, MI

#6 Mar 5, 2008
Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell is wrong with you? That is the whole story you idiot. She is a RETIRED prison officer, meaning she worked for the government and actually contributed to the well being of our society. There is no reason why this woman should have been handcuffed at all. It's not her fault that she lent her car to someone and then they lent it to someone else. All she was trying to do is pick up her car. People like you make me sick. You think that since she's a black person she's living on government assistance. NEWS FLASH: not all black people mooch off of the government. There are alot of us who actually work hard for what they get in life. You're probably living off the government yourself. Get a life!!
Yea, off the Government and in a trailer park!
ICW JOHN

Dorval, Canada

#7 Mar 5, 2008
from homophobic to racist! i am scoring well the last two weeks!

Since: Jan 08

Jacksonville, FL

#8 Mar 5, 2008
ICW JOHN wrote:
from homophobic to racist! i am scoring well the last two weeks!
Congratulations. Yet another pitiful cry for attention has successfully garnered you the notoriety you are obviously too socially inept to gain in your real life.

I can't imagine that I'd want the world to know I was a homophobic, sexist bigot just to validate my existence, but as long as it's working for you...But as an FYI, just because people react to your petulant bile doesn’t mean they’d miss you or even notice if you stopped posting it. You’re still insignificant.
SUMTHIN SERIOUS

Englewood, TN

#9 Mar 5, 2008
I THINK THAT THIS OFFICIER NEEDS TO BE FIRED. THAT WAS SERIOUSLY A CASE OF HIDDEN RACISM.
ICW JOHN

Dorval, Canada

#10 Mar 5, 2008
Phread01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations. Yet another pitiful cry for attention has successfully garnered you the notoriety you are obviously too socially inept to gain in your real life.
I can't imagine that I'd want the world to know I was a homophobic, sexist bigot just to validate my existence, but as long as it's working for you...But as an FYI, just because people react to your petulant bile doesn’t mean they’d miss you or even notice if you stopped posting it. You’re still insignificant.
thanks for that! your opinion of me is so valuable!!
doug

United States

#11 Mar 5, 2008
there are always 2 sides to the story and i just because the officer is white and she happened to be black, this slime of a lawyer feels he can get away with baseless claims. obviously this tape does not show everything. let the officer tell his side of the story before society calls him racist have his life wrecked. even a little lie can haunt someone for a lifetime. racist and child rapist are false charges that cannot be erased though exonerated. even if he is exonerated in this, there will be people to harrass him wherever he might go
alien nation

Live Oak, FL

#12 Mar 5, 2008
It could have been worse . He could have handcuff your wrist to your ankles and radioed for big Leroy .
Lil Red

United States

#13 Mar 5, 2008
Whether the cop is racist or not, he is still a slug! I can't believe he left a retired, older woman of any color on the side of the road, alone, in the dark.

“Pray daily for a perfect world”

Since: Oct 07

Yonkers

#14 Mar 5, 2008
I am an avid supporter of law enforcement but the cop was not doing what he is being paid for (to serve AND protect) by leaving her in the dark on the side of the road. He could have gotten her a phone to use to call someone to pick her up and waited with her to make sure she was safe. I agree with most here that he was wrong.
Just thinkin

Round Rock, TX

#15 Mar 5, 2008
This guy should not be a cop. It is unbelieveable that he left a woman on the side of the road like that. Many years ago, my family had a car break down on the interstate in South Carolina. While waiting for a tow truck, a trooper stopped to assist and waited until the tow truck came, and took us in his vehicle to an exit with phones. So, this guy is blowing smoke when he told her he could'nt give her a ride.
Mike

United States

#16 Mar 5, 2008
Does it say she retired from the prison?
Mike

United States

#17 Mar 5, 2008
She does use the phone in the video. Near the end of the video(or the released portion)she starts to walk away, the highway patrol was still on scene. Show the rest of the video after she starts walking away. Did he leave or not?
ICW JOHN

Dorval, Canada

#18 Mar 5, 2008
Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
see! you did not read the whole story! it does not say retired from the prison(matter of fact; she was probably in it!).so once again; the bad back! she faked it to sit on her fat ass and get goverment money! so there!!
drewb

Saint Simons Island, GA

#19 Mar 5, 2008
ICW JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>see! you did not read the whole story! it does not say retired from the prison(matter of fact; she was probably in it!).so once again; the bad back! she faked it to sit on her fat ass and get goverment money! so there!!
"Scott, a former San Quentin prison officer, flagged down a trooper, who told her to get out of her car, cuffed her hands behind her back, then cuffed her again to his patrol car."

Scott is the name of the woman who was cuffed to the car....Read it again. This time try to see through your bigotry as you do so.
Angela

Milwaukee, WI

#20 Mar 6, 2008
ICW JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>see! you did not read the whole story! it does not say retired from the prison(matter of fact; she was probably in it!).so once again; the bad back! she faked it to sit on her fat ass and get goverment money! so there!!
You're either blind or dumb (probably both)!!! You obviously have a problem with reading comprehension. As drewb just pointed out, Ms. Scott is a retired prison officer. This is an older woman and she probably does have back problems. You're the fat ass sitting in your trailer drinking beer and watching Jerry Springer. Why don't you get off your lazy ass and go get an education. You apparently don't have one since you can't read properly. Don't bother to post any other comments. You're just making yourself look stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Pontoon. Adrienne Reyes May 22 Curious 1
New road Feb '17 LindaV 1
Hensley settlement questions (Oct '16) Oct '16 FamilyTree 1
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) Aug '16 Cary Cottle 1
Helens Motel (May '06) Jul '16 Tormay 2
donald scott bannister is a child molester. (Dec '12) Jul '16 Survivor 7
Debate: Marijuana - Manning, SC (Sep '10) Feb '16 Kim Jones 5

Manning Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance