Dead man's vote stands in NY village ...

Dead man's vote stands in NY village election

There are 6 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 1, 2011, titled Dead man's vote stands in NY village election. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The election was decided by one vote, and both sides agree that a dead man voted.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Matt

United States

#1 Apr 1, 2011
In Minnesota, dead people vote AFTER they've died, just ask franken.
The Paisan

Huntington, NY

#2 Apr 1, 2011
Totally understandable......but I don't understand why womens votes should count.
Mark Winshel

El Cerrito, CA

#3 Apr 1, 2011
Maybe they were trying to imitate Chicago's voting system.

In other words one of the best lines about the "standards" of Chicago politics long has been, "There is afterlife in Chicago, in elections every cemetery in town votes."
Thrall

Pell City, AL

#4 Apr 1, 2011
This exemplifies what is wrong with the law. Why does the challenge have to be made before it the envelope is opened? Either the vote counts- because it was legally cast, or it doesn't because the voter is dead! Simple. Not overly complicated with legal minutia such as timing, spelling errors, hanging chads, etc. If the election were a runaway, this one vote wouldn't matter. But this ruling will promote untold wasted manpower in the future as candidates will have to do diligence checks on EVERY absentee ballot cast BEFORE they are opened. Sure seems stupid to me.
Jim

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Apr 2, 2011
bet if it was a vote for a conservative leaning candidate--the supreme court.. jesse jackson...... "laser beam focus ON jobs" obama .....WOULD ALL BE LEADING THE PUSH TO HAVE IT THROWN OUT
Charley Sheen

Huntington, NY

#6 Apr 5, 2011
The Paisan wrote:
Totally understandable......but I don't understand why womens votes should count.
Agreed!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manlius Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chittenango police (Nov '09) Jul 18 Anonymous 38
Stop The Madison County MEGA Dump EXPANSION....... Jul 11 Julie 2
Stop The Madison County MEGA Dump EXPANSION Jul 6 A Concerned Citizen 1
Kathleen Rapasadi LOSES JUDGE ELECTION (Nov '15) Jul 3 Sugarland 8
Lloyd Weigel Apr '17 Frank 1
ALERT your neighbors - Flood Zone maps go into ... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Professorkev 1
News Manlius musician on his way to become a teacher... (Sep '14) Sep '14 stageofcards 1

Manlius Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manlius Mortgages