Life remembered: Jay Pappas

There are 2 comments on the The Mankato Free Press story from Mar 24, 2008, titled Life remembered: Jay Pappas. In it, The Mankato Free Press reports that:

“At his restaurants his trademarks were quality food and a personal touch. He always went around and spoke to everyone. He had such a big regular following.”

Jay Pappas passed away while indulging in one of his passions - watching a sports event. via The Mankato Free Press

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Mankato Free Press.

Azmi Salaymeh

Palestinian Territory

#1 Mar 27, 2008
In 1970, I came to the U.S to go to Mankato State College. Jay hired me to work at Michael's as a janitor/bus boy. He also hired some of my friends then. Jay and his wife then Susan, his sister Susan and brother Chuck treated us with dignity and respect. They helped us through our college education. I will always remember him for all the kind things he did for me and the way he treated us. May God bless his soul.
Carlos

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Nov 4, 2011
Azmi Salaymeh wrote:
In 1970, I came to the U.S to go to Mankato State College. Jay hired me to work at Michael's as a janitor/bus boy. He also hired some of my friends then. Jay and his wife then Susan, his sister Susan and brother Chuck treated us with dignity and respect. They helped us through our college education. I will always remember him for all the kind things he did for me and the way he treated us. May God bless his soul.
Deborah is dead, "Carlos". Hope you remember her

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mankato Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Mankato: Dog rescued after head stuck in ... Mar '15 doctor of love 1
News Mankato Man Jailed For 3 Months On Mistaken Dru... Feb '15 Enzo49 2
Debate: Marijuana - Mankato, MN (Sep '10) Feb '15 MattNasty 14
Review: The Lucky Lure Feb '15 Fisher4 2
Review: Sam & Abes Childcare Learning & Develo Jan '15 Disappointed 1
News ESSENCE Network: TravelNoire.com Founder On Tra... Jan '15 williewilliamajr123 1
News Skyline Music Festival review: Minnesota bands ... Jan '15 Target closes Can... 1
More from around the web

Mankato People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]