North Mankato family accused of selling pot

Full story: TwinCities.com

A North Mankato man, his girlfriend and his son are all facing felony drug charges for allegedly growing and selling marijuana at their Belgrade Avenue home.

Comments (Page 6)

Showing posts 101 - 108 of108
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

Judged:

Margin of Error wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think that this is bad, do you realize that there are still people in Texas prisons that are doing LIFE for stems and seeds? Convicted under the 60's and 70's life sentence laws, Texas refuses to let them out, even though now days possession of up to around four ounces is a misdemeanor.
Un(freaking)believable.

Since: Jun 10

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

Judged:

AnjaEm wrote:
Nikki, you totally missed my point.
Study up on the violence which occurs as a result of supplying the drugs to America. You can start with reading about what's happening in Juarez, Mexico then read current Mexican News.
Anyone who buys drugs from Columbia or Mexico is supporting treacherously violent cartels. Not a very nice thing for nonviolent people to do.
And - never make any blind assumptions about this old hippy, kid. ;)
Most of the cartels in Mexico and Columbia are dealing with cocaine - not pot. Most of the weed smokers I know use good old USA grown weed everyone knows the Mexican's weed sucks and just gives you a headache!!
AnjaEm

Big Lake, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

The cartels are present in about eighty cities in the states at present. You can google it. They are growing it in the national parks among other remote places and using slave labor.

I agree that the laws governing it need changing and I cringe that, as is so common in the US today, when enough people start breaking a law they change the law so somebody can profit from it.

I can't think of many cultures in which people prefer to live with their moods and minds altered which has a very high standard of living and I think the US may be on its way to that deterioration for a number of reasons, mood-altering chemical use among them.

While marijuana may be less harmful than other drugs a drug lifestyle is anything but healthy.

If we're going to pull out of this mess we're in we need people functioning on all cylinders.

It'll be interesting to see how it is all resolved.

Since: Jun 10

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2010

Judged:

AnjaEm wrote:
The cartels are present in about eighty cities in the states at present. You can google it. They are growing it in the national parks among other remote places and using slave labor.
I agree that the laws governing it need changing and I cringe that, as is so common in the US today, when enough people start breaking a law they change the law so somebody can profit from it.
I can't think of many cultures in which people prefer to live with their moods and minds altered which has a very high standard of living and I think the US may be on its way to that deterioration for a number of reasons, mood-altering chemical use among them.
While marijuana may be less harmful than other drugs a drug lifestyle is anything but healthy.
If we're going to pull out of this mess we're in we need people functioning on all cylinders.
It'll be interesting to see how it is all resolved.
Ok, you said earlier that you were a hippie and so was my mom - she claims that the pot they smoked back then was way better than the pot of today (of course a lot of it was laced with LSD)so maybe your experiences with pot are different. I am not a pot smoker, I never liked it - it made me feel paranoid and I don't like that feeling. Just like some people don't like caffeine and it makes them jittery and then there are some that can't function without it. Truely if you look at society and want to complain about people being on mood altering drugs - then you should attack the prescribtion drug makers - like Prozac and all those other mood altering drugs that are not natural or good for you!!
Anja Em

Big Lake, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2010

Judged:

Do you understand that no single drug is good or bad? It is the misuse of the drugs which cause us all social problems the expense of which is the least of our worries.

Seventy-five percent of all crime, murders, accidents,child abuse in MN would disappear if people weren't choosing to alter their normal, natural state and make good decisions about living.

I don't see it as useful to encourage drug use in any way.

Those who choose to use it while it is still illegal need to be willing to accept the consequences.
Parks and Rec

Maple Grove, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2010

Judged:

Anja Em wrote:
Do you understand that no single drug is good or bad? It is the misuse of the drugs which cause us all social problems the expense of which is the least of our worries.
Seventy-five percent of all crime, murders, accidents,child abuse in MN would disappear if people weren't choosing to alter their normal, natural state and make good decisions about living.
I don't see it as useful to encourage drug use in any way.
Those who choose to use it while it is still illegal need to be willing to accept the consequences.
And 65% of statistics are made up on the spot. Prohibition doesn't work, it's as simple as that. You can't control people and you can't force your morals on people, and yes, when you say that altering your natural state is not a 'good decision' about living you are stating your morals, not fact.
wirkiffen

Mankato, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2012

Common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey about a better idea? Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Seriously. Pot leads to the next drug. Ever watch cops on Fox. 2 weeks ago they showed a 22 year old tweaking out on meth and he said he started with pot. Give it a break. The laws work and should be even harsher.
first sign you're a complete idiot, and have no idea what you're talking about..... "i seen on fox" lol... cigarettes and alcohol lead to other drugs. That, and the fact the government has the schools lying about them. They say pot is so terrible, kids smoke and say, "nothing like they told us in school" So they try the next thing, guess what, they didn't lie about that one. Or they can't find pot, but they have meth for sale....here try some of this.....or they may have a job that drug tests...pot stays in your system for 30 days, the dangerous drugs are out of your system in a couple of days. Pot would be legal, but the pharmaceutical companies want to push their more dangerous drugs on you and your kids. Please do some research on marijuana and hemp, before you say something so stupid....guessing you're a religious (catholic) republican.... i'm independent myself

Since: Sep 12

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey about a better idea? Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Seriously. Pot leads to the next drug. Ever watch cops on Fox. 2 weeks ago they showed a 22 year old tweaking out on meth and he said he started with pot. Give it a break. The laws work and should be even harsher.
Use your brain. The government did this to make money for themselves and are not willing to admit tat their "War On Drugs" has been a failure. No different that the Korean, Vietnam, Iranian, or Afghanistan Wars. And they do not care because it is by no choice on the shoulders of the taxpayers.

Legalize the drugs, tax the hell out of them and let losers make the choice.#1, The taxes can (but won't) go towards the debt and #2, we will lose the worthless druggies when they overdose.

What is wrong with that simple knowledge? Other than your likely comment about the fact that is takes a little thinking?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 108 of108
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mankato Discussions

Search the Mankato Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
charity craft show Thu Tracy 1
Free IMVU credits Jun 30 Yo mama 1
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Jun 12 doomsayer2014 847
karl gregor "zeke" ziemer (Aug '11) Jun '14 abcdeftg 5
Trail Blazer Bar & Grill Apr '14 New2town 1
GOP Candidate Wants To Get Elected To Keep His ... Apr '14 Leland mccormick 1
St. Paul's 20 worst streets a costly fix Apr '14 Joe Blow 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mankato Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••