Dayton takes message around Minnesota; GOP attacks

There are 72 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 26, 2011, titled Dayton takes message around Minnesota; GOP attacks. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Gov. Mark Dayton is taking his push for a top-tier tax hike around the state today as a budget standoff with Republicans continues.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#61 May 27, 2011
joe wrote:
IrishMN- Fact: You are a pathetic loser. Also you know nothing about state budgets. Nothing.
Joe, show me where I am wrong. What do you know about the State budgets that I don't?

And thanks for the personal concern expressed. I promise you that I will strive to become a winner just like you when I grow up. OK?

“I am always right.”

Former MN Taxpayer

#62 May 27, 2011
the troll wrote:
<quoted text>Rodger, tell this racist jerk that the wealthy in MN pay less percentage of their income than the working class does for their tax contribution. 12% vs 10%. And if Dayton doesn't get his way, property taxes go up for property owners, especially in the poorer counties.
troll, if you had not opened with such a crude comment, we could have a vigorous discussion on this topic.

You obviously are not man enough to agrue your own points, and throwing the asinine insults into the mix only weakens your position. Grow up, OK?
MKidd

Rosemount, MN

#63 May 27, 2011
LeDumbo wrote:
<quoted text>Minnesota's state constitution doesn't allow debt. You must mean the projected deficit, which in no way is a debt. Therefore, Pawlenty didn't leave the state with a $5 billion debt, he left it with a $663 million surplus. Insanity is pointing out math flaws to a liberal.
Liberalism, for people bad at math.
What? It's hard to hear you. You sound all muffled from having your head up your @$$. Man, YOU are painfully stupid. You should be quiet. Adults are talking.
MKidd

Rosemount, MN

#64 May 27, 2011
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
troll, if you had not opened with such a crude comment, we could have a vigorous discussion on this topic.
You obviously are not man enough to agrue your own points, and throwing the asinine insults into the mix only weakens your position. Grow up, OK?
Says the king of asinine thinking.
Bill Clinton

Garfield, MN

#65 May 27, 2011
Supported by and funded by the children and sister of Mark Dayton.

Since: Jul 08

Saint Paul, MN

#66 May 27, 2011
Mr Nice wrote:
The GOP must attack, they have no plan to protect. The budget they submitted was the same warmed over Pawlenty Budget that put five billion in debt. Did not work then and won't work now.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results but getting the same. Republicans are insane.
65% of Minnesotans agree with Dayton that a mix of cuts and increasd revenue is the way to go.
so lets spend 20% more that should solve it.

“I am always right.”

Former MN Taxpayer

#67 May 27, 2011
MKidd wrote:
<quoted text>Tea partiers aren't exactly known for being literate.
MKidd wrote:
<quoted text>Says the bonehead with tea for brains.
MKidd wrote:
<quoted text>You should pack up and move now to save yourself the frustration of hating it here so much.
MKidd wrote:
<quoted text>What? It's hard to hear you. You sound all muffled from having your head up your @$$. Man, YOU are painfully stupid. You should be quiet. Adults are talking.
MKidd wrote:
<quoted text>Says the king of asinine thinking.
If only everyone was as intelligent and classy as you.
tiger

Scottsville, NY

#68 May 27, 2011
Mr Nice wrote:
The GOP must attack, they have no plan to protect. The budget they submitted was the same warmed over Pawlenty Budget that put five billion in debt. Did not work then and won't work now.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results but getting the same. Republicans are insane.
65% of Minnesotans agree with Dayton that a mix of cuts and increasd revenue is the way to go.
I sure did not hear anything about CUTS! Perhaps you would just like to pay my taxes for me so I don't have to work - that is the mentality you spew! Matter of fact hand me free food and free housing and free anything else while you are at it please!!!!
MKidd

Rosemount, MN

#69 May 27, 2011
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
If only everyone was as intelligent and classy as you.
Why do you care?

“I am always right.”

Former MN Taxpayer

#70 May 27, 2011
MKidd wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you care?
You are a classless piece of garbage. Have a nice day there Kidd.
MKidd

Rosemount, MN

#71 May 27, 2011
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a classless piece of garbage. Have a nice day there Kidd.
I will! You as well you tea for brains bagger. LMFAO at you.

Since: Mar 11

Minneapolis, MN

#72 May 27, 2011
the troll wrote:
<quoted text>Rodger, tell this racist jerk that the wealthy in MN pay less percentage of their income than the working class does for their tax contribution. 12% vs 10%. And if Dayton doesn't get his way, property taxes go up for property owners, especially in the poorer counties.
Your statement of 10 and 12% is way off. MN income tax brackets are between 5.35 and 7.85% of income. The more that you make in MN, the higher your income tax bracket. See below.

2010 Minnesota Income Brackets and Rates for Taxable Income

5.35% 7.05% 7.85%

Married, filing jointly
$0$33,280 $33,281$132,220 $132,221 & over

Married, filing separately
$0$16,640 $16,641$66,110 $ 66,111 & over

Head of household
$0$28,030 $28,031$112,620 $112,621 & over

Single
$0$22,770 $22,771$74,780 $ 74,781 & over

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mankato Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Mankato: Dog rescued after head stuck in ... Mar '15 doctor of love 1
News Mankato Man Jailed For 3 Months On Mistaken Dru... Feb '15 Enzo49 2
Debate: Marijuana - Mankato, MN (Sep '10) Feb '15 MattNasty 14
Review: The Lucky Lure Feb '15 Fisher4 2
Review: Sam & Abes Childcare Learning & Develo Jan '15 Disappointed 1
News ESSENCE Network: TravelNoire.com Founder On Tra... Jan '15 williewilliamajr123 1
News Skyline Music Festival review: Minnesota bands ... Jan '15 Target closes Can... 1
More from around the web

Mankato People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]