Stillwater school board approves 3-year contract for new superintendent

Full story: TwinCities.com
Corey Lunn has signed a three-year contract to become Stillwater's next superintendent. Full Story
Wow

Stillwater, MN

#1 Apr 15, 2011
So he gets an automatic $4,000 raise each year regardless of whether or not he gets the rubber stamped positive review from this incompetent board each year? Way to hold his feet to the fire. This seems like a lot more money than they were paying the last guy considering Lunn has only been superintendent of Mayberry for three years.
Doctor Thole

Stillwater, MN

#2 Apr 15, 2011
Let's see we've had Dr.Macy, Dr. Keith who down graded to #833 and was replaced by our current dush bag after he retired from #833 and was begged to return from the sunny south. Now another DOCTOR COREY LUNN at $200,000 per year? Who wouldn't show up wearing pony gear at a broke down bridge? If I knew more than football I would have been your SUPER long ago but I misread the buttonhook in the football playbook. Shucks, I love feeding off the bottom..........George Thole, the bestest foootball coach ever!

PS. Sorry to all my union family I have not supported in the past.(insert name here) as I cannot keep tract.
Whatever

Stillwater, MN

#3 Apr 15, 2011
Doctor Thole wrote:
Let's see we've had Dr.Macy, Dr. Keith who down graded to #833 and was replaced by our current dush bag after he retired from #833 and was begged to return from the sunny south. Now another DOCTOR COREY LUNN at $200,000 per year? Who wouldn't show up wearing pony gear at a broke down bridge? If I knew more than football I would have been your SUPER long ago but I misread the buttonhook in the football playbook. Shucks, I love feeding off the bottom..........George Thole, the bestest foootball coach ever!
PS. Sorry to all my union family I have not supported in the past.(insert name here) as I cannot keep tract.
Correction, Keith is not a Dr. Also, it needs to be pointed out that the district had no leverage in negotiating this contract with Dr. Lunn because the other two finalists had skeletons in their closet that could never have been hired.
Doctor Feelgood

Stillwater, MN

#4 Apr 15, 2011
Interesting that the reporter didn't bother to mention how much more money the district is paying their new superintendent. I'm not sure why, but she really seems to be an apologist and enabler for this district instead of asking the questions that deserve to be answered. Maybe that's one reason she has ingored this ridiculous Vision 2014 plan the district is trying to ram down everyone's throats, especially after the district forces an $11 million capital expenditure on the ECFE facility that is destroying the neighborhood my mother lives in by SJHS. Keep in mind the board talks endlessly about transparency and public feedback and then doesn't go to the voters for approval for $11 million boondogle. Good luck trying to pay for an addition at SAHS for this misguided middle school model. The voters will be so peed off you virtually stand no chance of passing a simple operating levy and you can bet these boards members will pay for their ignoring the will of the residents. I hope it was worth it you greedy pigs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mankato Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mankato Man Jailed For 3 Months On Mistaken Dru... Feb 16 Enzo49 2
Debate: Marijuana - Mankato, MN (Sep '10) Feb 3 MattNasty 14
Review: The Lucky Lure Feb 2 Fisher4 2
Review: Sam & Abes Childcare Learning & Develo Jan '15 Disappointed 1
ESSENCE Network: TravelNoire.com Founder On Tra... Jan '15 williewilliamajr123 1
Skyline Music Festival review: Minnesota bands ... Jan '15 Target closes Can... 1
Man Shoots Self After Leading Mankato Police On... Dec '14 DILF 49
Mankato Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mankato People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:48 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:48PM
Tramon Williams: Latest News, Rumors and Speculation Surrounding Free Agent CB