Psychologist's testimony: Sexual pred...

Psychologist's testimony: Sexual predator Rydberg not ready for release

There are 45 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 11, 2011, titled Psychologist's testimony: Sexual predator Rydberg not ready for release. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A violent rapist who wants his freedom after nearly 35 years is not ready to go back into the community, a clinical psychologist testified Friday in St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

PostingPolice

Fort Myers, FL

#24 Mar 12, 2011
Fox wrote:
Sorry state needs to keep this pervert locked up untill he dies .. couple more years and he will ..
IMHO ..
They should have exterminted him after the second time he commited his crimes .. sorry .. unfit to live in society.. dispose of him and save tax dollars spent on treatment and the care and feeding of this guy. This man was a waste of time and resources
It's amazing how many people are willing to publicly call for the death of another human being. You must a member of some religion that I am not familiar with, because the ones I know of are more respectful of ALL human life. I don't know of any who follow Christ that espouse the killing of other humans. Of course, there is a lot in the news lately about radical Islamists. They seem to have opinions more along the lines of you. Maybe you should look into their faith.
PostingPolice

Fort Myers, FL

#25 Mar 12, 2011
Okay all you smart people, riddle me this: at first he didn't agree to treatment, so they didn't let him out. Then he accepted treatment, but supposedly was doing it just so he could get out. What does he have to do to get out?

BTW: I think they should just give these types of sexual predators a life sentence so then this ruse won't have to continue.
Zingbopper

Cadott, WI

#26 Mar 12, 2011
PostingPolice wrote:
<quoted text>
You can start immediately...on yourself please.
So you are one of the people who think these predators is actually a reformed human being?
You are in the minority.
How about we have him stay with you?
I don't hear any of you bleeding hearts offering your home as a half way house for these dregs of society. Until you do, my plan and offer stands.
Now go give a big hug.
Yishah

Saint Paul, MN

#27 Mar 12, 2011
My former therapist took a course to be able to better understand what his clients have gone through at the hands of people like this. His take on it is that even the ones who teach these "humans" know they are just working the system to get out. They do not change their mindset at all. They just know that they can do whatever they want and not pay the price. Nothing is ever changed for them. As has been seen, if one is let out, they reoffend quickly. They take up space and breath air, something should be done.
Sara

Saint Paul, MN

#28 Mar 12, 2011
Dang, if he raped and killed her he would have been released by now,
PostingPolice

Fort Myers, FL

#29 Mar 12, 2011
Zingbopper wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are one of the people who think these predators is actually a reformed human being?
You are in the minority.
How about we have him stay with you?
I don't hear any of you bleeding hearts offering your home as a half way house for these dregs of society. Until you do, my plan and offer stands.
Now go give a big hug.
Dear Mr. Intelligent,
I never said that I thought he was a reformed human being, nor did I even say that I thought he should be let out. As for him staying with me, I don't need to have him stay with me since, apparently, some bleeding hearts in St. Paul already have a half way house for him to stay in. Maybe you should make sure you fully read and understand the article before you make comments in a public forum about it. BTW: when the subject in your sentence is plural (people) the verb should also take the plural form (thinks). Another example would be "predators" and "are" rather than "is". So, your sentence should be "So you are one of the people who thinks these predators are actually reformed human beings?"
You may find this website helpful so that you won't seem ignorant to other readers in the future: http://www.grammarbook.com/grammar/subjectVer...
PostingPolice

Fort Myers, FL

#30 Mar 12, 2011
Yishah wrote:
My former therapist took a course to be able to better understand what his clients have gone through at the hands of people like this. His take on it is that even the ones who teach these "humans" know they are just working the system to get out. They do not change their mindset at all. They just know that they can do whatever they want and not pay the price. Nothing is ever changed for them. As has been seen, if one is let out, they reoffend quickly. They take up space and breath air, something should be done.
I don't think it's a good idea to start out your comment with "My former therapist". Your credibility kind of goes out the door because many unenlightened people will think you are crazy. So, your therapist "took a course" and now we should value his opinion? Do you have any factual evidence to back up your claim that "if one is let out, they reoffend quickly."? You take up space and breath air, should something be done about you? Also, you may want to go to the website that I referred Mr. Intelligent to. Your sentence "As has been seen, if one is let out, they reoffend quickly." is grammitically incorrect. How does the "one" who is let out turn into "they" reoffending? I guess when one is let out he somehow multiplies into many.
Continence

Cold Spring, MN

#31 Mar 12, 2011
Just saying......

Recently it was decided to treat Prostitutes as "Victims" instead of "Criminals" because of their behavior.
Why?....because a percentage of Prostitutes were abused as children.
Why does this matter?....Because we need to understand and show compassion for these women that act out sexually because of what happened to them.

(Flip it over)

Any research into why many males act out sexually in destructive ways reveals that a majority of these males were also abused as children.

But when a male acts out sexually in bad ways, many in society say he is deserving of death.
When a female that acts out sexually in bad ways, society recognizes that she was possibly a victim, and she gets compassion.

What happened to equal justice under the law?
Zingbopper

Cadott, WI

#32 Mar 12, 2011
PostingPolice wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Mr. Intelligent,
I never said that I thought he was a reformed human being, nor did I even say that I thought he should be let out. As for him staying with me, I don't need to have him stay with me since, apparently, some bleeding hearts in St. Paul already have a half way house for him to stay in. Maybe you should make sure you fully read and understand the article before you make comments in a public forum about it. BTW: when the subject in your sentence is plural (people) the verb should also take the plural form (thinks). Another example would be "predators" and "are" rather than "is". So, your sentence should be "So you are one of the people who thinks these predators are actually reformed human beings?"
You may find this website helpful so that you won't seem ignorant to other readers in the future: http://www.grammarbook.com/grammar/subjectVer...
Wow, nice slam, I do owe you kudos for that one.
My English and sentence structure may be poor, but my common sense is not.
Posting Police Policer

United States

#33 Mar 12, 2011
This is so stupid, but I can't resist:
Posting police wrote:
"You must a member of some religion" (no verb)
"You take up space and breath air" (he means breathe)
In addition, he ends sentences with prepositions...
Blin

Saint Paul, MN

#34 Mar 12, 2011
Sara wrote:
Dang, if he raped and killed her he would have been released by now,
Sadly, you are probably correct. Why all the histrionics over whether guys like this have been "treated" enough or not? Am I the only Minnesotan left who thinks that the primary role of our justice system should be to actually "punish" (I know that's a dirty word to many of you) someone for crimes committed against their fellow man? Hey, if he happens to get rehabilitated along the way as a side issue, that's great. But maybe we should just be in the business of punishing criminals and let the parents, the churches, etc. try to reform people and not let that be the government's job. We could save a lot of money if the government got out of the "treatment" business (and it's a very lucrative business) and simply stuck to the business of serving fair justice.
Keep em locked up

Baldwin, WI

#35 Mar 12, 2011
You need funding... cuz I'll write you a check to keep his ass locked up!!
PostingPolice

Fort Myers, FL

#36 Mar 12, 2011
Zingbopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, nice slam, I do owe you kudos for that one.
My English and sentence structure may be poor, but my common sense is not.
I'm sorry to persist but I find it difficult to let you get away with your outrageous statements. Still, this will be my last attempt to make you think a little more about what you think and write.

Are the following statements common sense? "Put me in charge.
My treatment cost per sicko is 20 to 30 cents per offender, depending on if I use hollow a point bullet or not. My charge for facilitating this procedure, FREE.
So when can I start?"

Is wanting to execute or murder people common sense?
Keep em locked up

Baldwin, WI

#37 Mar 12, 2011
He used items to increase the pain he inflicted on those he raped... He raped women in front of their children... If he doesn't need to be kept away from us, who does?
Keep em locked up

Baldwin, WI

#38 Mar 12, 2011
PostingPolice wrote:
Okay all you smart people, riddle me this: at first he didn't agree to treatment, so they didn't let him out. Then he accepted treatment, but supposedly was doing it just so he could get out. What does he have to do to get out?
BTW: I think they should just give these types of sexual predators a life sentence so then this ruse won't have to continue.
You are probably a pedophile living in a halfway house and they won't let you out either.. boohoo!! Hang em!!
PostingPolice

Fort Myers, FL

#39 Mar 12, 2011
Continence wrote:
Just saying......
Recently it was decided to treat Prostitutes as "Victims" instead of "Criminals" because of their behavior.
Why?....because a percentage of Prostitutes were abused as children.
Why does this matter?....Because we need to understand and show compassion for these women that act out sexually because of what happened to them.
(Flip it over)
Any research into why many males act out sexually in destructive ways reveals that a majority of these males were also abused as children.
But when a male acts out sexually in bad ways, many in society say he is deserving of death.
When a female that acts out sexually in bad ways, society recognizes that she was possibly a victim, and she gets compassion.
What happened to equal justice under the law?
Sir or Madam,

I believe the self restraint you are showing in regard to your bowel, or sexual activity is affecting your thinking. The first statement you make is incorrect. The change in how they treat JUVENILE prostitutes is happening because they are juvenile and because they are being forced into prostitution by their pimps.
Since the rest of your argument is based on this supposition, it is invalid.
PostingPolice

Fort Myers, FL

#40 Mar 12, 2011
Keep em locked up wrote:
<quoted text>
You are probably a pedophile living in a halfway house and they won't let you out either.. boohoo!! Hang em!!
Your statements are so preposterous that I will not even dignify them with a response.
PostingPolice

Fort Myers, FL

#41 Mar 12, 2011
Posting Police Policer wrote:
This is so stupid, but I can't resist:
Posting police wrote:
"You must a member of some religion" (no verb)
"You take up space and breath air" (he means breathe)
In addition, he ends sentences with prepositions...
Thank you for adding so much to the discussion about the sexual predator wanting to be released. You are correct in that your comments are so stupid. Also, thank you for pointing out my typographical errors. Looking at the posting times, I see that it took you two hours to scour my many posts to find all of three errors. Good job! Give yourself a pat on the back.
Nick

San Antonio, TX

#42 Mar 12, 2011
PostingPolice wrote:
It is obvious that you're suffering from the mental illness called liberalism...
PostingPolice

Fort Myers, FL

#43 Mar 12, 2011
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obvious that you're suffering from the mental illness called liberalism...
Nick, Nick, Nick. Your comment is wrong in so many ways. Did you even read the comment that you were replying to? I stated right there in black and white that I thought sexual predators like this should be given life sentences. How does that make me a liberal? Are you saying that conservatives or libertarians believe that sexual predators should be released? That's what you're implying with your comment. I don't think that's what you meant, because I am pretty sure you don't like liberals based on your idea that liberalism is a mental illness. By the way, that was very funny. You are a really humorous individual. I can tell because you just had that line all ready to go. I bet it comes in handy when you're with the guys down at the bar or the bowling alley, or wherever you hang out. Does you get a good response from them? Unfortunately, not everyone agrees with your point of view. I'm sure all your friends have pretty much the same political views as you, but there is a whole other world out there where people have differing views and discuss them rationally, without yelling, or name calling or making snide, "funny" remarks. These people get along with each other even though they have differing opinions on many subjects.

Finally, thank you for replying to my post, because I am practicing what is known as "flaming". That is where I get on some forum and just write things to piss other people off. The best way to deal with "flamers" is to just ignore them, which you didn't do. So, I had another opportunity to fan the flames!!! Sic semper tyrannis!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mankato Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashley Lynn Throckstar E. Ridge Medical Center Jan 7 I c U 1
News Officials detail case of LeSueur County deputy ... (Nov '09) Sep '16 Dickhead 61
Boycott The Paw Aug '16 disgusted 1
Better off than five years ago? (Jul '15) Jul '16 Go Blue Forever 3
karl gregor "zeke" ziemer (Aug '11) Jun '16 Allisonhurst 6
Sam & Abe's Childcare Review (Feb '16) Feb '16 jajohsonfamily 1
Taylor corporation (Jul '15) Jul '15 Ohio resident 1

Mankato Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mankato Mortgages