Psychologist's testimony: Sexual predator Rydberg not ready for release

Full story: TwinCities.com

A violent rapist who wants his freedom after nearly 35 years is not ready to go back into the community, a clinical psychologist testified Friday in St.
Comments
1 - 20 of 45 Comments Last updated Mar 13, 2011
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mikey mike

Shakopee, MN

#1 Mar 12, 2011
shoot this piece of shit in hte head
paulsc4

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Mar 12, 2011
i believe if that man is let out. he will rape again and probably murder how many time have a sexual preditor came out and repeated his crime ,? thousands. and this time it could be some innocent child .If they let him out and he does rape again i prey its not their children ,mother ,sister ,grandma,exc.Its a known fact these people dont change they just get worst.and more violent.
LYNN A

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Mar 12, 2011
Maybe hoberman only evaluates and doesn't treat these sickos because there is NO treatment for them. It's been tried and tried again throught the years and it does NOT work. Treatment, that is. I don't know what the answer is for how to treat or house these sickos in the cheapest way possible is. There has to be something though, better than what is being done today. How about a prison on an island where they can work and grow there own food and somehow make their own utilities through hard work ( like stationary bycycling to make electrical power and things like that . Windmills, handwashng there own laundry with a low cost and environmentally safe bar of tar soap and hang them out to dry and well...you get the picture?
LYNN A

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Mar 12, 2011
paulsc4 wrote:
i believe if that man is let out. he will rape again and probably murder how many time have a sexual preditor came out and repeated his crime ,? thousands. and this time it could be some innocent child .If they let him out and he does rape again i prey its not their children ,mother ,sister ,grandma,exc.Its a known fact these people dont change they just get worst.and more violent.
I agree with that and they do kill after getting sick of getting caught because of the victim also being the witness.
Curmudgeon

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Mar 12, 2011
Sexual sadists just need to be put down. There is no rehabilitation for them.
ed gein

Watseka, IL

#7 Mar 12, 2011
This guy because he is a sick sadist probly should be kept locked up.This does not mean that some of the other 600 inmates should not be considered for release.Eventually constitutional rights might prevail and the State of Minnesota could get a whopping bill for false imprisonment payable to the inmates.
Fed Up

Saint Croix Falls, WI

#9 Mar 12, 2011
Just put them in the general prison population. I'm sure the inmates will take care of them
vesta

United States

#10 Mar 12, 2011
He escaped from custody and raped someone, do they really think that treatment has worked since then? He's a self-serving, lying, POS who needs to be kept locked up until he dies so that he can't ever rape anyone again. Rapists are like leopards, they don't change their spots - it's not about sex, after all, it's about power, telling the victim that the rapist owns the victim and his/her body and can do whatever he wants to the victim and that there's nothing that can be done to stop him. Well, we couldn't stop him before he was locked up, but now that he is locked up, he's not raping anyone, and as long as he's locked up, he won't be raping anyone. Keep the mofo locked up until he's dead, I say, it's no better than what he deserves - once a rapist, always a rapist.
VETERANS

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Mar 12, 2011
Don't let this turd out! So his attorney doesn't want him evaluated? Screew him and the horse he rode in on.
Rich U

Austin, TX

#12 Mar 12, 2011
Quite remarkable. I know the law says you need this type of "expert" testimony. On the other hand, your regular joe knows these bastards belong behind bars forever and are in dire need of a dirt nap. Have any studies been done that show these evil creatures can be "cured"?
Fox

Galesville, WI

#14 Mar 12, 2011
Sorry state needs to keep this pervert locked up untill he dies .. couple more years and he will ..
IMHO ..
They should have exterminted him after the second time he commited his crimes .. sorry .. unfit to live in society.. dispose of him and save tax dollars spent on treatment and the care and feeding of this guy. This man was a waste of time and resources
Fox

Galesville, WI

#15 Mar 12, 2011
VETERANS wrote:
Don't let this turd out! So his attorney doesn't want him evaluated? Screew him and the horse he rode in on.
I wonder if his attorney will take him to live with the attorney family as a sign of good faith ..
after all he might be cured .. BAH.. you know that aint true .. there is no cure for these kinda offenders . unless its a pinebox
free in mn

United States

#16 Mar 12, 2011
I like Lynn's idea - put 'em on an island far away. Can you say "Lord of the Flies"?

To the 'critics': Yeah, it's all 'unfair' to those critters until it happens to you or a loved one, right?

Since: Feb 11

AOL

#17 Mar 12, 2011
Zingbopper wrote:
Put me in charge.
My treatment cost per sicko is 20 to 30 cents per offender, depending on if I use hollow a point bullet or not. My charge for facilitating this procedure, FREE.
So when can I start?
It's a shame you could not start yesterday. I am hoping that the whole hearing is just to meet some regulatiions requirements before they lock his sorryass up forever.
Lora

Superior, WI

#18 Mar 12, 2011
SO, he escapes and rapes someone and they are reviewing whether he can be safely released? Um, how bout I answer that one for them.... NO. NEVER. END OF STORY.
editor

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#19 Mar 12, 2011
It's interesting how the majority of people agree that these predators are useless members of society and cannot be rehabilitated, but the laws never get any tougher. The legislators and courts need to LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE. WE DON"T WANT SEXUAL PREDATORS ON THE STREETS. Ahem, ok...I feel better now.
PostingPolice

Fort Myers Beach, FL

#20 Mar 12, 2011
paulsc4 wrote:
I think they should lock up people who can't spell "pray" because they obviously can't learn and will continue to do it and make other people mad. Same with the people who don't use proper punctuation.
PostingPolice

Fort Myers Beach, FL

#21 Mar 12, 2011
Zingbopper wrote:
Put me in charge.
My treatment cost per sicko is 20 to 30 cents per offender, depending on if I use hollow a point bullet or not. My charge for facilitating this procedure, FREE.
So when can I start?
You can start immediately...on yourself please.
PostingPolice

Fort Myers Beach, FL

#22 Mar 12, 2011
vesta wrote:
He escaped from custody and raped someone, do they really think that treatment has worked since then? He's a self-serving, lying,**** who needs to be kept locked up until he dies so that he can't ever rape anyone again. Rapists are like leopards, they don't change their spots - it's not about sex, after all, it's about power, telling the victim that the rapist owns the victim and his/her body and can do whatever he wants to the victim and that there's nothing that can be done to stop him. Well, we couldn't stop him before he was locked up, but now that he is locked up, he's not raping anyone, and as long as he's locked up, he won't be raping anyone. Keep the **** locked up until he's dead, I say, it's no better than what he deserves - once a rapist, always a rapist.
Thank you Dr. Vesta. How many years of psychological training have you had? Maybe they should lock you up to keep you from jumping to conclusions and giving opinions about subjects you know nothing about. They should put all idiots on an island and let them eat polar bears. Once an idiot, always an idiot.
PostingPolice

Fort Myers Beach, FL

#23 Mar 12, 2011
VETERANS wrote:
Excuse me? Did you read the article? He's been evaluted by the staff at the St. Peter hospital for 17 years (do the math) and THEY think he is ready to be released! Why would his attorney want some doctor who just testifies at hearings to see his client? For that matter, if the state already has a staff of doctors who say he is ready, why do they want to hire another doctor to evaluate him? Do they not trust their own doctors? Is this more about politics than what is true and just? Hmm.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mankato Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Aug 2 Go Blue Forever 848
I go charged double at Dickeys barbecue. Don't go! Jul '14 Joyce 8
Mankato's historic post office seeks new life a... Jul '14 Jeanie Cooke Fred... 2
charity craft show Jul '14 Tracy 1
Free IMVU credits Jun '14 Yo mama 1
karl gregor "zeke" ziemer (Aug '11) Jun '14 abcdeftg 5
Trail Blazer Bar & Grill Apr '14 New2town 1
•••
•••
Mankato Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Mankato Jobs

•••