First Prev
of 6
Next Last
just me

Trumann, AR

#2 Nov 20, 2010
I think this is such a sad story of what happened. Thanks for sharing.
saddened

Canada

#3 Nov 20, 2010
I just watched video 1 of 6. I am so sorry for your loss. It broke my heart to see what happened. My family and I just moved to Manila and I have never heard of the story. Makes me sick to know that such a horrific thing happened at the hands of those now in charge to protect me and my family. I wish there was something that I could do to help you in revealing the truth of what happened, be another voice for you. May God bring justice to those that had a hand in this.
hmm

Blytheville, AR

#4 Nov 20, 2010
I am going to believe the police in this one. I am so sorry for your loss but the evidence points to him committing a crime and then running from the police.

He could have gotten tangled in something in the water and came back up when they found him. You have no idea what is in that water.

But to sit and put the blame on the police is wrong!

Did you see some of the pictures of him. "fuck the world and all in it" yeah real nice and classy guy!
lmfao

Melbourne, AR

#5 Nov 21, 2010
i just watched the vidz, what a joke sounds like some winney ass thugs moma complaining about her son getting caught for what he did.
Anthony Lamar Trice

Little Rock, AR

#6 Nov 21, 2010
You can call it what you like but i know and God Know's. Yes he made son graphic's that didn't look nice to me either. He was a artist and young so I'm glade that's all he said and not Shoot the school are Kill my parents. And if he was gulty give him 5 to 10 you don't take his life. Now I'm the momma of this young man and know matter what he might have done the Lench mob are the criminals. The lord says Love thy neighbor so I'm not going to get on her and say anything I can't prove so E-mail me any time you would like to meet and see what I have.I've lived around here for 39yrs and I've never seen people so blind that they can't see the faces on there noses.I'm sorry you have so much confident in a HEART LEASE Justice Department. The Lord say obey the laws of the land but what do we do when the Law is made up with people like that Lench Mob. I'll Meet You Any Time Are PLace. I got my evidence from them aotopies don't lie.
May God Bless you who can't see there noses on there faces.
Thank All who Are Concerned
cat

Mountain Home, AR

#7 Nov 21, 2010
this is sad.lots of people have swam in that water and its not that far to swim across..could he swim??? the crim was not that bad!!!
jenn

Trumann, AR

#8 Nov 21, 2010
i think if u werent there to know what happened then shut up the vidoes are un recalled for the names and everyone knows joni is apart of this she in everyones buisness but what goes around cumes around this shit is not funny it can get sumone or sum ppl killed if i knew how to take this off i would
Witness

Evening Shade, AR

#9 Nov 21, 2010
I was there, and I know for a fact the young man jumped in and drowned because he wouldn't or couldn't get back to shore where everyone was. If he could have been saved, he would have been. No one could see him.
I know your loss has skewed your sense of reality, but you should be ashamed of yourself for using the loss of your son to spout your own agenda.
saddened

United States

#10 Nov 21, 2010
So someone jumped in after him?
cat

Mountain Home, AR

#11 Nov 21, 2010
did he know how to swim??
Concerned Citizen

Springfield, MO

#12 Nov 21, 2010
Sorry for your loss. It sounds like you need to see a grief counselor to help you with your loss. I would also like to suggest that you remove what you have posted on youtube and reframe from what ever agenda you have due to the enormous legal liability you are taking onto yourself with the slanderous remarks. Just a suggestion. Again, I give my deepest condolences for your loss.
Witness

Evening Shade, AR

#13 Nov 22, 2010
saddened wrote:
So someone jumped in after him?
He disappeared from sight and no one knew where he was. For awhile, we thought he had gotten out somewhere.
more info

Osceola, AR

#14 Nov 22, 2010
when did this take place?
from this town

Canada

#15 Nov 22, 2010
Witness wrote:
I was there, and I know for a fact the young man jumped in and drowned because he wouldn't or couldn't get back to shore where everyone was. If he could have been saved, he would have been. No one could see him.
I know your loss has skewed your sense of reality, but you should be ashamed of yourself for using the loss of your son to spout your own agenda.
If you watched the video you would have noticed that big shot chief hill seen him swim 3/4 of the way across.. Hmmm why no save? Maybe bc he was a black kid and we all know jackie hill is one of the biggest racist in this town. I recall a black boy moving into town and coming to highschool here and after a week he was gone bc jackie and a couple other officers threatened them until they left. Everyone you ask will tell you if that was a white dopehead in that water by golly he would have jumped in.. You know someone like danny mccallie or any of his dope friends.. I feels for this mom and I respect what she is doing, I would do the same I was put in this position. I am ashamed to even say I'm from this town half the time!!!
Jodie

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Nov 22, 2010
jenn wrote:
i think if u werent there to know what happened then shut up the vidoes are un recalled for the names and everyone knows joni is apart of this she in everyones buisness but what goes around cumes around this shit is not funny it can get sumone or sum ppl killed if i knew how to take this off i would
I dont see where in the hell you get off saying Joni is apart of this! The only part she played in the whole scenerio is the fact that she was there at the time, in the chase along with everyone else! THe fact that she tried to help console this woman isnt a horrible thing! I've set and listened to these videos and it does sound as if they were trying to either cover something up or either they were nervous! However, if you've nothing to hide then you've no reason to be nervous! On the recordings they stated that Brooks seen the boys enter the water, then when the mother in questioning Brooks himself, he states that he did not see the boys enter the water! The only thing that I see that is uncalled for on the videos is showing the teen being drug from the water, and in the casket, and the fact that they put Joni on there in the first place! However, if they did see the boy swim a third of the way and turn back and never resurface and they did not try to go in after him or even make the attempt then they might as well have murder on their hands! They take oathes to protect us and serve us, however, even if this young man had attempted robbery, well then that's for the judge to decide his punishment not for our police officers to set back and watch a young man drown! I could careless what your opinions are to mine because you do not matter to me! However, this young man regardless of the crime was 19 years old and he was someone's baby and being that I have sons of my own, I can sympathize with the mother and also because I have a heart! I remember when this chase was taking placed and when the call came in on the scanner stating that they had what appeared to be 3 black suspects and 2 were in the water. However, there ended up only being 2 and only 1 in the water! This is a sad story and Mrs. Trice I hope and pray you find some kind of closure in all of this, and do not let these people get you down! There is always going to be someone to judge on race and always going to be someone on here with a cold heart and a wide open mouth but remember none of them will come to you with what they say! However, this is topix and its often a trash site! I find this site amusing myself because it often shows how immature and jealous people are but in your case it will only show how small minded and cruel people can be! So may God be with you and yours and help ease your pain! I'll be praying you find answers that comfort you and allow you to find peace!
Jodie

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Nov 22, 2010
more info wrote:
when did this take place?
June of last year
Jodie

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Nov 22, 2010
and to you hmmmm!!! I hope and pray that if you have kids that this never be something you have to go through due to your own hatefulness! Why judge someone and point blame at someone who is not here on this earth to justify himself or to take up for himself! He was 19 years old for God's sake! Barely grown and if you are so perfect that you've never made any kind of mistake then may you throw as many stones as you like! However, I pray you do not live in a glass house! This is really sick of you to judge this young man! Just because he has a design that says that doesnt characterize him as an individual! Art is an expression and not always of the individual designing it! Have you ever hung around with the wrong crowd to fit in? Have you ever been in the wrong place at the wrong time? Have you ever been judged by your skin color or given into peer pressure to dress and curse as others do to fit in? Maybe not! But I'm sure you've done something that wasnt right! YOu have no buisness judging someone who is no longer among the living and its a very sadistic situation that you have! This mother needs answers to find closure and if you were in her shoes you would too or atleast if you were a loving and caring mother you would so if you've nothing better to do than to belittle the dead than may God touch your heart and your life!
Jodie

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Nov 22, 2010
lmfao wrote:
i just watched the vidz, what a joke sounds like some winney ass thugs moma complaining about her son getting caught for what he did.
May God help you!
man

Hardy, AR

#21 Nov 23, 2010
this is not funny but the mother needs to realize that she is up against police it doesn't matter what color they are, cause we all bleed the same color but when you go against cops you 99% lose all of the time unless you have money and lots of it manila is a crazy place but there are blacks living there and has been there for awhile and noone has ever messed with them, for the mother i hope you get what you are looking for no matter the outcome
who knows

Salem, AR

#22 Nov 23, 2010
Shes not going to get what shes looking for from this site! Did the law officers have equipment to do a rescue, I dont think I would jump in without any, who knows what he was tangled up in, and they could've been pulled under by him, do you no how many ppl have drowned trying to save someone else, then just another hurt family. Mrs. Trice needs to do some praying, instead of putting this on topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manila Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 4 min better answers 29,808
Don or Bobby for mayor 6 min blame 337
AR Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in A... (Oct '10) 17 min guest 378
AR Who do you support for Governor in Arkansas in ... (Oct '10) 20 min guest 946
AR Who do you support for Secretary of State in Ar... (Oct '10) 21 min guest 222
AR Who do you support for Treasurer in Arkansas in... (Oct '10) 21 min lonnie 215
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) 22 min cody 837
•••
•••
•••

Manila Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Manila People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE