wiki

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

If you have a complaint about Ritter I have filed a complaint against them with several different agencies. Please reply with your complaint so I can show that there is a problem with Ritter and they are argueing with the State Attorney General that all is well in Manila.
Disapointed

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

Well I am a little disapointed about all the stations I am no longer recieving and the pricing. But I also realize what kind of a cluster they had when they took over the cable system in this area. I tend to look at things from a business standpoint to see their side. Though I havent checked on pricing im starting to think I might be more satisfied with a satelite system over cable. I will give ritter credit since rebuilding the system we dont experience as many outages and the channels are clearer.
Happy Feet

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

Very disappointed. I have both cabel and dish. I am fixing to drop my cabel as soon as I can get internet elsewhere. So much more selection through dish at a cheaper price.
wiki

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

Keep the complaints coming! I am working with the state to put them in their place. Companies like these need to be investigated. They come into small town areas and think they can get by with anything they want and we are not big enough to do anything about it. WE ARE big enough...The State Attorney,FCC,FTC, and consumer affairs make sure our small rural ares are protected.
Thank You for your help.
talk about

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

i dont have them but i have a friend and relative in caraway that does and all i have heard from them is bad....my relative (which has not been with them but about 6 to 8 monthes) said that the price as went up but yet gets less channels than before (because they not longer have some channels) i am in the process of helping the relative change over to directv, which is what i have....i get way more channels and its cheaper....as far as internet hughes.net is great
Wondering

West Monroe, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

For all of you that are complaining about your cable company and prices, I wam wondering what you would say if you had Suddenlink like I do. The prices are higher. From what I understand from my friend that has Ritter, it is a pretty good cable company with friendly customer service reps. I bet the people that are complaining either pay there bills late or are just mead because they were caught getting free services.
Wondering

West Monroe, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

Let me correct myself. I read what I posted and noticed I misspelled a few words and it was not that I couldn't but because I was typing so fast. Those of you that will respond because you are mad about the stealing cable or paying your bill late, save the jokes about that. Ha
satilitecustomer

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

for all of those upset with ritter i just want to say that i can not get cable because of where i live and if you are thinking about getting satilite ,you need to think twice. you are stuck in a contact ,when it rains it goes out,and you can't get local service like you do with ritter.i think all of these complaints that i have read are poor subjects and you really need to appreciate the home town service you get with ritter .find something else to grip about !
Pixie_dust

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

I agree with wondering. I used to have suddenlink in jonesboro, and I am so glad that I have Ritter in Manila now! The prices are so much better, and the customer service is too!
Monette Individual

Enterprise, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

RITTER GOES OUT WHEN IT RAINS ALSO SOMETIMES, AND SINCE ALL THIS SWITCH IT HAS GONE OUT AND STAYED OUT FOR ALMOST THE ENTIRE DAY SEVERAL TIMES. I HAVE HAD SATELITE SERVICE BEFORE AND SWITCHED TO CABLE. I HAVE ONLY BEEN UNHAPPY SINCE THE CHANGE TO DIGITAL HAS TAKEN PLACE BUT I GUESS WE NEED TO ACCEPT IT.

Since: Nov 07

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2008

You can't steal something you already had before Ritter took over! Ritter is old technology anyway. Satellite is here now and Ritter bought an old out dated service!
catdaddy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

You people who are compaining would argue with a fence post! Their is no hope for your kind!Nothing satisfies you.I have had cable here in Manila for years. Since Ritter took over it has been nothing but better. Yes I agree when they took over and made changes that their was a few problems. But could you have done it any better. Maybe you need to got to work for them. Oh and apparently you have nothing better to do or don't work because most of the outages when they were repairing and switching over was during mid-day. During most people's normal working hours.Trying to keep it from being an nuisance to customers.I here that they spent over 30 million buying Cebridge cable and over 6 million repairing the cable to give us better service. Please do you think they are worried about your $80 dollars a month. Quit crying and get a satellite!!!!
catdaddy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

Cebridge was the old technology! The new ritter cable is all digital capable with faster internet and I heard they will soon be able to offer full pkg. Cable, internet, and telephone service through one line. I you go to the digital cable it is just like a sattelite and offers more channels. Look at their website. This new cable is just like a satellite, the more you want the more it cost. What's the difference? You can't have it all for nothing!
catdaddy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

The comment about the $80 a month goes to the person who is filing the complaint! Spend your time on something else.

Trumann, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

For your info Cat...I would get a satellite if it were permitted where I live! I refuse to throw away my money on the old junk Ritter has to offer.
Why don't you spend your time trying to do something better for your community?
talk about

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

catdaddy wrote:
You people who are compaining would argue with a fence post! Their is no hope for your kind!Nothing satisfies you.I have had cable here in Manila for years. Since Ritter took over it has been nothing but better. Yes I agree when they took over and made changes that their was a few problems. But could you have done it any better. Maybe you need to got to work for them. Oh and apparently you have nothing better to do or don't work because most of the outages when they were repairing and switching over was during mid-day. During most people's normal working hours.Trying to keep it from being an nuisance to customers.I here that they spent over 30 million buying Cebridge cable and over 6 million repairing the cable to give us better service. Please do you think they are worried about your $80 dollars a month. Quit crying and get a satellite!!!!
they may not care about one persons 80 dollars a month but they will care when they lose several peoples 80 dollars a month....the ones that keep it will see how much they care when their bills go up, to make up the difference

Trumann, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

I'm not saying people in Michigan are smarter than people anywhere else, although I am from Michigan....C-Span is conducting a hearing as we speak because the Mayor of Dearborn Michigan is sueing Comcast for doing to there town the very same thing Ritter is doing here in our local communities. I heard one Senator ask if people were being taken advantage of by Comcast. The answer is yes. It is a business decision not a technical one. If all the Mayors would get together in towns where customers are being gouged the government would put a stop to this kind of stuff. Don't let cable companies pass the cost onto consumers and downgrade as to force people to pay more money for service. I don't like price gouging and I sure don't like being taken advantage of. How about you?
JoMama

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Well i wont use the bitch,good reason to drop this sorry ass cable..
a ritter customer also

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

i just called her and ask her if she was going to take the payments. she said yes that they had ask her about 1 1/2 months ago because of all the complants. that the dry cleaners was closed every other day. she said she hated to do it. but the seniors citzen of our town was having to walk up here in the rain and cold weather . and she was closed all the time so she said yes. when they ask her she said that there was a couple of other people that they ask after her that would have done it if she didnt. so good going ritter
also ritter customer

Daleville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

try it and see if you get the others.they want their money not stolen.dumb bitch

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Manila Discussions

Search the Manila Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 10 min Maybelle 29,113
AR Arkansas Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr I am woman 3,835
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 2 hr cooker 9,800
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) 5 hr midnight oil 829
AR Who do you support for Treasurer in Arkansas in... (Oct '10) 5 hr Bob 207
need someone to help with bicurrious 21 hr will this ever end 6
Are there any lesbian or bi-sexual women around... (Nov '13) Tue Guest 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Manila Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••