More than 1,000 dead birds fall from ...

More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

There are 10187 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Jan 2, 2011, titled More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

BEEBE, Ark. – Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9170 Mar 1, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>By a rake!
Clean bird droppings with a rake??? Too funny.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9171 Mar 1, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Clean bird droppings with a rake??? Too funny.
I have 4 parrots in my garage right now through winter. I thought you knew something about birds. Interesting!

SE Michigan

#9172 Mar 1, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>My better half is always trying to knock their nests down in the early stages of building. They sure are a persistent little bird. I like how they eat the mosquitos and other insects!
Of course they are persistant. They flew thousands of miles to get here for the simple act of reproducing! And their time to build a nest and raise possibly two broods is limited. They are great to have around because they eat tons of insects. Not to mention they are entertaining. Flies of all types make up the majority of the Barn SwallowÂ’s diet, along with beetles, bees, wasps, ants, butterflies, moths, and other flying insects. Nest building is time-consuming and hard work. Imagine trying to build your home using only your mouth, your feet and your belly!

SE Michigan

#9173 Mar 1, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I have 4 parrots in my garage right now through winter. I thought you knew something about birds. Interesting!
I know nothing about pet birds other than I am against keeping birds in a cage. They are meant to be free.

I have tried the rake thing to do clean-up. I find a shovel works better.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9174 Mar 1, 2013
<quoted text>
I know nothing about pet birds other than I am against keeping birds in a cage. They are meant to be free.
I have tried the rake thing to do clean-up. I find a shovel works better.
These birds will live to be 70-100 years old. None of your wild birds will even come cloe to that.. Have a good day, I am off to find arrow heads and hunt coyotes!

SE Michigan

#9175 Mar 1, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>These birds will live to be 70-100 years old. None of your wild birds will even come cloe to that.. Have a good day, I am off to find arrow heads and hunt coyotes!
Have fun!

SE Michigan

#9176 Mar 1, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>These birds will live to be 70-100 years old. None of your wild birds will even come cloe to that.. Have a good day, I am off to find arrow heads and hunt coyotes!
Better to live free and die, than to be a prisoner.
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9177 Mar 1, 2013
Today is a dismal day in the ozarks. It was sleeting a little & it,s cloudy damp & cold. Im going to the sheep & goat acution at Koskonogg Missouri tomorrow. Im gonna sell a uneeded billy goat & maybe buy a feeder pig. Its supposed to get down into the twenties tonite & ill have to leave early in the morning. Anyway the wind chill in the stock trailer would be pretty bad. So I built a tight plywood box inside the trailer so as to keep ole billy from gettin too chilly. my wife said I could of just et him ride in the truck cab with me. If I did that we would both freeze. becuause as bad as billy stinks I would have to drive with all of the windows open.

SE Michigan

#9178 Mar 1, 2013
Churmudgeon wrote:
Today is a dismal day in the ozarks. It was sleeting a little & it,s cloudy damp & cold. Im going to the sheep & goat acution at Koskonogg Missouri tomorrow. Im gonna sell a uneeded billy goat & maybe buy a feeder pig. Its supposed to get down into the twenties tonite & ill have to leave early in the morning. Anyway the wind chill in the stock trailer would be pretty bad. So I built a tight plywood box inside the trailer so as to keep ole billy from gettin too chilly. my wife said I could of just et him ride in the truck cab with me. If I did that we would both freeze. becuause as bad as billy stinks I would have to drive with all of the windows open.
Maybe he'd enjoy a bath as much as my dogs like their baths. You both might be happier for it. Then he could lay on your lap all the way there keeping you warm, like my dogs do when we go for a ride up north.

United States

#9179 Mar 1, 2013
Dang
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9180 Mar 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Maybe he'd enjoy a bath as much as my dogs like their baths. You both might be happier for it. Then he could lay on your lap all the way there keeping you warm, like my dogs do when we go for a ride up north.
I heard a story about a guy that had a stinky billy in a stock rack on his PK. he went to the car wash and gave him a bath with the high pressure wand. I dont know if he waxed hin or not. Actually billy goats stink so bad because they urinate on their front legs and wiskers. The also can perform the same feat as the youn man from nantucket! I buy a billy to service our milk nanny,s then as soon as thats done I sell him. they are usually mean stinky and nasty.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9182 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Better to live free and die, than to be a prisoner.
Why do you keep your dogs in the house and locked up in the backyard?
If I was a bird I want a

Lafayette, IN

#9183 Mar 2, 2013
More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

they didn't have a map

SE Michigan

#9184 Mar 2, 2013
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> I heard a story about a guy that had a stinky billy in a stock rack on his PK. he went to the car wash and gave him a bath with the high pressure wand. I dont know if he waxed hin or not. Actually billy goats stink so bad because they urinate on their front legs and wiskers. The also can perform the same feat as the youn man from nantucket! I buy a billy to service our milk nanny,s then as soon as thats done I sell him. they are usually mean stinky and nasty.
I'm sure you could train him to urinate properly. My BF showed our male black lab what to do years ago when he was a puppy.

SE Michigan

#9185 Mar 2, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you keep your dogs in the house and locked up in the backyard?
Because there's no place they'd rather be than where I am.
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9186 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm sure you could train him to urinate properly. My BF showed our male black lab what to do years ago when he was a puppy.
Its quite obvious you know nothing about billy goats! The stinkiest meanest rankest nastiest goat gathers the largerst herd of nanny goat girlfriends. Like the bright plumage & feathers on a male bird a billys stench & aggression is a desireable attractant to the female goats. A billy goat is by far the horneyiest male animal in existance.

SE Michigan

#9187 Mar 2, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Its quite obvious you know nothing about billy goats! The stinkiest meanest rankest nastiest goat gathers the largerst herd of nanny goat girlfriends. Like the bright plumage & feathers on a male bird a billys stench & aggression is a desireable attractant to the female goats. A billy goat is by far the horneyiest male animal in existance.
I never claimed to be educated about billy goats.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9188 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Because there's no place they'd rather be than where I am.
My parrots say the same thing about their cages.
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9189 Mar 2, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>My parrots say the same thing about their cages.
We raise tame rabbitts for the meat. they seem happy in their hutches. However one doe excaped and has babies. Their living under a junk Pk. And they seem to really be enjoying their freedom. running and playing having a big time. They wont live long because they dont have resistance to the parasites & diseases like the cottontail & swamp rabbitts are. You catch a cottontail and cage it up and it quickly dies. You can catch a very young swamp rabbitt and it will live in captivity and even breed with tame rabbitts.

Jonesboro, AR

#9190 Mar 2, 2013
This is crazy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manila Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tony crowell 3 hr Reececup 13
blytheville gosnell airport 6 hr 0ld man 1
Shannon Hinklin Palmer Thu guest 4
looking for friend Wed who 6
School board sucks! Wed One with a video 8
Candice littlejohn Tue An old friend 7
Rhonda New (Aug '08) Tue Haha 251

Manila Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance