Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice that you ignore the $4.12 a gallon the summer of 2008, but that would be par for the course wouldn't it?
That poor old Obama just can't do anything wrong. You love him don't you! LMAO!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Way wiser than DKN wrote:
<quoted text>You know your sources fail you once again old barney, oh wise one. It's all over the news walmart ceo's are claiming the reason why their sales are down is because EVERYBODY'S PAYROLL taxes went up therfore people have alot less to spend. And it is hurting their profit margins. And guess what if this continues walmart will be laying off workers or closing stores you stock market numbers don't tell the whole store mr expert.
You need to stop hitting these libtards with facts. They are allergic to facts. Their heads will explode trying to find left wing nut web sites that will refute the facts. These libtards live in a fantasy land where everything is free and the grass is always green!
Churmudgeon

Ravenden Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>You must shop there alot you seem to know all about the goods they sell. If you don't like what they sell go some where else. Here's a thought for you to think about, Quit bad mouthing walmart because if they start closing stores and go under this economy will take a big hit. People that have less money to spend have to shop at walmart and dollar general have no choice. Think twice before you say anything about walmart. The economy needs them.
Before Wal Mart came to out little town. There where lots of family run buisnesses. They paid their help less than the minium wage it was off the books or contract labor. The prices where high. They all got together and colluded. The local stores where arrogant & condecending. Then Wal mart came and paid more then the minium wage and prices where cheap. Of course the little stores folded. Now Wal Mart has the best paying jobs around. Nobody else pays chasiers in excess of twenty thousand dollars per year. Wal Mart works with the college students on the hours so they can attend school. Wal mart is still the best place to buy tires & batteries. You have a problem they exchange it no questions asked. Buy a battery or tire at a parts store and they give you a hassle and charge you a portion for the replacement. If its less than a year old Wal mart will replace it free. Same with tires. I for one dont miss the old mom & pop family run nepotism buisnesses.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>You must shop there alot you seem to know all about the goods they sell. If you don't like what they sell go some where else. Here's a thought for you to think about, Quit bad mouthing walmart because if they start closing stores and go under this economy will take a big hit. People that have less money to spend have to shop at walmart and dollar general have no choice. Think twice before you say anything about walmart. The economy needs them.
I actually like Wal Mart. They have good products at decent prices. Always have and always will..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Hey warrior not to change the subject, have you went to your book keeper yet? Well went to my accountant, ain't nothing like last year. I own a really small business don't make much, i'm bearly making a living because of overhead. Regardless what obama says, has everybody believing all small business are rich but they are not. There is so much overhead more money going out than coming in. I don't even make enough to hire any employees. Well now if you own a small business they got to know where every single cent is going. Obama has his nose stuck in our business and boy would i like to thump that nose. He knows nothing about how business works. He needs to keep his nose out of all small businesses and the economy might improve. And what i paid in insurance is ungodly, because you got have insurance for everything, and it's eating my lunch. Go head give you a warning, Your bookkeeper is going to want to know everything you spend. The government is even trying to cheat some people out of earned income credit because out government is broke. And people will be disappointed that refund they are getting will be alot less than last year because our government is broke and it's going to be delayed. You can't file till march 1. Just thought i'd give you aheads up.
We filed our taxes a couple of weeks ago. I pay good money to an accountant who digs deep to get me a fair deal. You ever notice how when we want to keep our hard earned money the liberals call us greedy but when the liberals want to take our hard earned money away from us and redistribute it to the lazy people they don't consider that greedy. Interesting don't you think?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Before Wal Mart came to out little town. There where lots of family run buisnesses. They paid their help less than the minium wage it was off the books or contract labor. The prices where high. They all got together and colluded. The local stores where arrogant & condecending. Then Wal mart came and paid more then the minium wage and prices where cheap. Of course the little stores folded. Now Wal Mart has the best paying jobs around. Nobody else pays chasiers in excess of twenty thousand dollars per year. Wal Mart works with the college students on the hours so they can attend school. Wal mart is still the best place to buy tires & batteries. You have a problem they exchange it no questions asked. Buy a battery or tire at a parts store and they give you a hassle and charge you a portion for the replacement. If its less than a year old Wal mart will replace it free. Same with tires. I for one dont miss the old mom & pop family run nepotism buisnesses.
As I stated earlier I like Wal Mart and shop their frequently. Wal Mart is the best thing to happen to this country in a long time. I also frequent the local mom and pop stores when I can and if the price is comperable to Wal Marts I will buy from them. The bottom line when quality is the same then it comes down to price. You don't get ahead in this world by throwing good money away.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Tell me boys, what are your thoughts on this.

The Emma Maersk, was launched as the third of a planned fleet of five new “supersize” cargo ships, designed to transport goods across the Pacific in just 5 days. Two more ships are commissioned to be completed in 2012.

These ships were commissioned by Walmart to move goods from China faster than presently possible with standard merchant vessels. The new “super-size” ships can each carry an incredible 15,000 containers! The full crew is just 13 people on a ship longer than modern aircraft carriers which have crews of 3,000.

These new ships are designed for the sole purpose of moving goods from China to ports in the western US. With a 207&#8242; beam, the ships are too wide to fit through the Panama or Suez Canals.

Country of origin – Denmark No US Taxes there.

A documentary in March, 2010 on the History Channel noted that all of these containers are shipped back to China, empty. Yep, that’s right. We send nothing back on these ships.

This is our reality now, but what if we consumed fewer Chinese products, and if we couldn’t find a product made in North America to buy, we just didn’t buy it – is this possible? Imagine how our environment and economy could change.

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice that you ignore the $4.12 a gallon the summer of 2008, but that would be par for the course wouldn't it?
Nice that you ignore what happened during the summer of 2008 that helped get us back to $1.80, but that would be par for the course wouldn't it?

uly 15, 2008: President Bush rescinds Executive Order banning offshore drilling.

Price of oil at close on July 14 —$145.18.

Price of oil at close on July 16 —$134.60.

“Crude-oil futures tumbled $4.14 to $134.60 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange, bringing the contract’s loss to $10.58 over the past two sessions – the biggest two-day drop in crude prices since January 1991. Crude has lost $10.58 over the last two sessions, the biggest two-day price drop since January, 1991. It’s now 8.6% lower than the $147.27 record high hit last Thursday. Earlier in the session, futures slumped $6.74 to an intraday low of $132, the lowest for a front-month contract since June 12.”

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
The Emma Maersk, was launched as the third of a planned fleet of five new “supersize” cargo ships, designed to transport goods across the Pacific in just 5 days. Two more ships are commissioned to be completed in 2012.
These ships were commissioned by Walmart to move goods from China faster than presently possible with standard merchant vessels. The new “super-size” ships can each carry an incredible 15,000 containers! The full crew is just 13 people on a ship longer than modern aircraft carriers which have crews of 3,000.
These new ships are designed for the sole purpose of moving goods from China to ports in the western US. With a 207&#8242; beam, the ships are too wide to fit through the Panama or Suez Canals.
A documentary in March, 2010 on the History Channel noted that all of these containers are shipped back to China, empty. Yep, that’s right. We send nothing back on these ships.
This is our reality now, but what if we consumed fewer Chinese products, and if we couldn’t find a product made in North America to buy, we just didn’t buy it – is this possible? Imagine how our environment and economy could change.
What do I think? I think, no I know, that this is a feeble attempt to spin the situation and change to conversation after you've been exposed once again as a liar and you are using a bloggers opinion from eartheasy.com , who provides very little substantial evidence to back up their opinion, to shield yourself from the facts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Before Wal Mart came to out little town. There where lots of family run buisnesses. They paid their help less than the minium wage it was off the books or contract labor. The prices where high. They all got together and colluded. The local stores where arrogant & condecending. Then Wal mart came and paid more then the minium wage and prices where cheap. Of course the little stores folded. Now Wal Mart has the best paying jobs around. Nobody else pays chasiers in excess of twenty thousand dollars per year. Wal Mart works with the college students on the hours so they can attend school. Wal mart is still the best place to buy tires & batteries. You have a problem they exchange it no questions asked. Buy a battery or tire at a parts store and they give you a hassle and charge you a portion for the replacement. If its less than a year old Wal mart will replace it free. Same with tires. I for one dont miss the old mom & pop family run nepotism buisnesses.
The average Walmart "associate," Wake Up Walmart reports, makes $11.75 an hour. That's $20,744 per year. Those wages are slightly below the national average for retail employees, which is $12.04 an hour.

They also produce annual earnings that, in a one-earner household, are below the $22,000 poverty line.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/Walmart-employ...

UT-oh below the poverty line- can we say , reduced or free school lunches, food stamps, health care, etc. all paid for by these folks who hate welfare but love Walmart.

Walmart had a net profit of 15 billion and its employees are supplemented by the Gov.

Can you imagine that?

PS,
Have you noticed all those self check out lanes going in Walmart.

I wonder what line those cashiers will be standing in next?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>What do I think? I think, no I know, that this is a feeble attempt to spin the situation and change to conversation after you've been exposed once again as a liar and you are using a bloggers opinion from eartheasy.com , who provides very little substantial evidence to back up their opinion, to shield yourself from the facts.
Change your moniker to get a response, well guess it worked, you just got a response.

OH' happy day!
Sam

Bentonville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
Keep unions in business and there will be even more of this. They have managed to get just about every manufacturing job out of the country
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
The average Walmart "associate," Wake Up Walmart reports, makes $11.75 an hour. That's $20,744 per year. Those wages are slightly below the national average for retail employees, which is $12.04 an hour.
They also produce annual earnings that, in a one-earner household, are below the $22,000 poverty line.
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/Walmart-employ...
UT-oh below the poverty line- can we say , reduced or free school lunches, food stamps, health care, etc. all paid for by these folks who hate welfare but love Walmart.
Walmart had a net profit of 15 billion and its employees are supplemented by the Gov.
Can you imagine that?
PS,
Have you noticed all those self check out lanes going in Walmart.
I wonder what line those cashiers will be standing in next?
Wal Mart starts their employees out at $17 an hour in North Dakota. They took the self check out lines out here in my town. Wal Mart employees also get to invest in shares of Wal Mart. Wal Mart gives this town thousands of dollars a year in donations to organizations which sponsor worthy events. There is always more to the story you spin.
Sam

Bentonville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Wal Mart starts their employees out at $17 an hour in North Dakota. They took the self check out lines out here in my town. Wal Mart employees also get to invest in shares of Wal Mart. Wal Mart gives this town thousands of dollars a year in donations to organizations which sponsor worthy events. There is always more to the story you spin.
But Walmart is successful and to be considered successful you must be doing better than someone, therefore according to liberal thinking, you have to be taking something away from those that are not successful for you to be in your position, therefore, you are evil. I remember the mom and pop stores of yesteryear. Any of those that did well were bad mouthed also, let's face it, liberals are never going to be pro business, unless the business is failing, then the business will have to lay off workers and they will be hated for that. I guess the Barney character is right, sit on your butt, draw a check, get on Topix and pretend you know what you are talking about. Silly way to live, but it seems to work for the boy.
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>There are still over 23 million people unemployed. Wal Mart has lost billions this quarter. Do you know what the Stock Market is?
Are you crazy? Why don't you look at the facts instead of deriving conspiracy theories.
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! YOU are a typical liberal, lacking core values and morally bankrupt. Nothing is YOUR fault or the DEMOCRATS fault, everything bad about this country is because of the Republicans and the democrats had nothing to do with it. You live in a fantasy land where you ride the mythical unicorn under a rainbow while eating skittles. You have voted democrat your entire life and have been poor your entire life, you do the same thing over and over, year after year always expecting something different but always getting the same exact results , that is the definition of insanity. You need to grow up and take responsibility for your own actions. Stop blaming others for your pathetic life. Get off your lazy ass and go make something of yourself it is not too late. This goes for Barney and all the rest of you liberal takers also.
Oh, democrats take full blame for their faults, but what has been their downfall? The deficit running in the black in the 90's? I thought that was a good thing. Each time a repubulican gets control of the white house they mess up our relations overseas and our economy and democrats have to come behind them and clean it up. What is sad is that you cannot see this and instead resort to derogatory comments to make yourself feel better. You do not defend your position. Instead you and the rest of the republican party resort to saying that it is Obamas fault for every piece of legislation proposed or passed. You said nothing of interest in your post except more stereotyping and degrading comments. So who needs to grow up and take responsibility? The same with the sequester. Republicans are trying to make it sound like it is Obama's fault that the sequester may go into effect. When Republicans were the one who did not want to vote on the deficit the first time and democrats offered them a way out through the simpson bulls super committee. The agreement was that if the super committee could not come to an agreement then we would have the sequester, and was intended to force republicans to come to a compromise. Both the house, senate, and BOTH parties agreed on this. So who's fault is it if the sequester goes into effect? Republicans. Who needs to grow up and take responsibility? Republicans. Get real with your facts and quit whining and pass some legislation or get out of the way and let a real party do something instead of a party of greed.
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>It doesn't really matter what i might say. Because you are going to believe whatever obama tells because according to you it's all true. Just go stay in your obama induced haze. Keep telling yourself everything is hunky doory and the economy is doing great. But in the real world, the economy is bad so you just believe whatever you want.
I believe what every credible media source and major media outlet says. I also take what the president says to heart. I know that he has good ideas, but I am also realistic and know that he has to work with non-compromising republicans as well. When you decide to get off the fox news drip you may realize that you have been wrong the whole time.
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Do you actually believe the crap you post. In january 2009 Gas was 1.89 a gallon. Just as soon as obama moved into the white house gas just started going up. Hasn't been less than 3.00 for at least 3 years. Real reason it ain't getting cheaper is because our government is printing money therefore making our dollar cheaper and worth less. Therefore takes more dollars to buy a barrel of oil. Plus we are drilling less than we were when obama took office. We got oil, we ain't drilling. If we were, gas would be cheaper and we could get off foreign oil. Regardless what obama tells you. Oh if obama wanted to drill he could. But he's not approving permits. Didn't say he was rigging gas prices but he sure ain't helping them either. After all why would he be worried about it. He has drivers driving him around, we pay for his gas. Does it not bother you that people in calfornia is paying 5.00 a gallon. Does it not bother you that people here are paying 3.79 a gallon. We are hurting lady do you care. Obama is part of the problem but you don't care, you just sit there and defend him. I guess it won't bother you until it's 5.00 a gallon it may get even higher. Unlike you i see people everyday that are having trouble making ends meet. Alot of them are family and my friends i see them hurting like me. Just barely make it myself. And you sit there and defend a president who only cares for himself. He put policies in place that's hurting all of us, and you sit there get on to us like you know everything. You and the president lack one thing it's called empathy. Why don't you try it sometime you just might decide it better to care for others than just yourself. Because obama just doesn't have a clue what that word means.
Incase you forgot, in 2009 we were still in the midst of one of the worst recessions since the Great Depression. So yah gas is going to be cheap, because noone was going anywhere and were saving their money. People were losing their cars and homes and could not afford gas. Do you honostly believe that the President controls gas prices? Are you that naive? Saudi princes and major corporations such as EXON Mobil control gas prices genius. Until we rely less on them, they are going to raise the prices to drain every last dollar. Get real with your money printing conspiracy, where did you hear that Fox News? Our dollar has been declining since Reagan took office so get out of here with that nonsense. You think that over the past 3 years our dollar has fell to be worthless? What a joke. One Saudi Riyal only equals around $.25 American. We also control the world currency so almost everything is compared and counted according to the American dollar, so how does that make us pay more? It does not. Get out of here with your conspiracy nonsense. Do you realize the we pay the least for our gas in the world compared to other nations $ value? If you do not like our prices then move to another country and quit putting blame where it is not deserved. Republicans need to wake up and learn how the world works, if not, then they have a bunch of simple minded impotent's running around acting like they know what they are talking about.
Hmmm

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Wal Mart starts their employees out at $17 an hour in North Dakota. They took the self check out lines out here in my town. Wal Mart employees also get to invest in shares of Wal Mart. Wal Mart gives this town thousands of dollars a year in donations to organizations which sponsor worthy events. There is always more to the story you spin.
Which is more than twice the starting pay in most of the south...I spent a couple of winters in ND before the oil boom, the State sucked then and even more now. Ask one of those high paid Wal-Mart employees how much rent they pay a month for crap housing, if they can find it...how much food costs.

You idiots continually skirt the borders of reality, but that's not a bit surprising.
Hmmm

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

guess wrote:
<quoted text>I hate to break it to you but the sequester is your old pal obama's fault, his idea. This is obama's idea not democrats or republicans. This may be the only thing that slows obama's spending habit and if it hurts the economy it will be obama's fault and he knows it and that's why he is trying to stop it. Because if he truly cared about our economy he would stop spending. By the way evrything that goes wrong in washington and just republicans fault, your democrats have a hand in it to. And they are just like you buddy obama they refuse to take responbility for anything bad that happens it's always republicans fault. Truth hurts don't it.
Typical bullmanure

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/thefederalbudg...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21,061 - 21,080 of28,935
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Manila Forum right now

Search the Manila Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
AR Who do you support for Secretary of State in Ar... (Oct '10) 4 hr Newport 213
Sandy 4 hr Drgbhfeb 9
when is peewee football signup?? 5 hr jerry 1
AR Who do you support for Governor in Arkansas in ... (Oct '10) 7 hr Guest 937
AR Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Arkansas ... (Oct '10) 7 hr Guest 1,761
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 20 hr haha 9,787
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) Sun Stikz 826
•••
•••
•••
Manila Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Manila Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000