created by: Top Mod2 | Sep 13, 2010

New York

3,603 votes

New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Click on an option to vote

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)
Comments
16,381 - 16,400 of 16,778 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Remiesong wrote:
<quoted text> this nation has always been in debt so your trying to cast the blame on the current president holds no water
When was the last time it was 16.7 trillion dollars in debt? Are you an idiot?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

De Odumbo Conser wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of uninformed:
We decided to put that assertion to the test. We knew, because he said so, that King never endorsed politicians and "took this position in order to maintain a bipartisan posture, which I have followed all along in order to be able to look objectively at both parties at all times." We also know from his autobiography that he wrote to a supporter in 1956 that "in the past, I always voted the Democratic ticket."
However, in a 2008 Associated Press story, King’s son and namesake Martin Luther King III said:"It is disingenuous to imply that my father was a Republican. He never endorsed any presidential candidate, and there is certainly no evidence that he ever even voted for a Republican. It is even more outrageous to suggest he would support the Republican Party of today, which has spent so much time and effort trying to suppress African American votes in Florida and many other states."
http://www.politifact.com/tennessee/statement...
An uninformed moron is the best conservative, still.
Next you will want us to believe he was a Dixiecrat and a Klansman, the fact is he was a registered Republican. Personally, I always vote in private, and so did Dr. King. But that's right, democrats know everything, thanks for the laugh.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

To stop the Democrats’ pro-slavery agenda, anti-slavery activists founded the Republican Party, starting with a few dozen men and women in Ripon, Wisconsin on March 20, 1854. The party spread across the northern and western United States like a prairie fire of freedom. The first Republican state convention was held in Jackson, Michigan in July 1854. The Republican National Committee met for the first time in 1856, followed four months later by the first Republican National Convention.

In the election of 1860, Republicans swept to victory in the White House and won majorities in both houses of Congress. Just six years after the party’s founding, the Governor of every northern state in America was a Republican. That phenomenal progress was possible only because the Republican Party was based on the powerful idea that our nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to equality, must live up to its founding principles.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Despite fierce Democrat opposition, Republicans passed constitutional amendments banning slavery, extending the Bill of Rights to the states, guaranteeing equal protection of the laws and due process to all citizens, and extending the right to vote to persons of all races and backgrounds.

Republicans in Congress also enacted the nation’s first-ever Civil Rights Act, which extended citizenship and equal rights to people of all races, all colors, and all creeds.In 1875, the Republicans expanded these protections to give all citizens the right of equal access to all public accommodations. Struck down by the Supreme Court eight years later, this landmark legislation would be reborn as the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Republicans led the fight for women’s rights, and most suffragists were Republicans. In fact, Susan B. Anthony bragged about how, after voting (illegally) in 1872, she had voted a straight Republican ticket. The suffragists included two African-American women who were also co-founders of the NAACP: Ida Wells and Mary Terrell, great Republicans, both of them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

In 2004, America marked the 50th anniversary of the modern civil rights movement, which began with the Brown v. Board of Education Supreme Court decision. That landmark decision was written by Chief Justice Earl Warren, the three-term Republican Governor of California appointed by Republican President Dwight Eisenhower. The author of Brown was also the 1948 Republican vice presidential nominee.

Three years after Brown, President Eisenhower won passage of his landmark Civil Rights Act of 1957. Republican Senator Everett Dirksen authored and introduced the 1960 Civil Rights Act, and saw it through to passage. Republicans supported the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act overwhelmingly, and by much higher percentages in both House and Senate than the Democrats. Indeed, the 1964 Civil Rights Act became law only after overcoming a Democrat filibuster.
De Odumbo Conser

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
Next you will want us to believe he was a Dixiecrat and a Klansman, the fact is he was a registered Republican. Personally, I always vote in private, and so did Dr. King. But that's right, democrats know everything, thanks for the laugh.
False:

http://www.politifact.com/tennessee/statement...
De Odumbo Conser

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
In 2004, America marked the 50th anniversary of the modern civil rights movement, which began with the Brown v. Board of Education Supreme Court decision. That landmark decision was written by Chief Justice Earl Warren, the three-term Republican Governor of California appointed by Republican President Dwight Eisenhower. The author of Brown was also the 1948 Republican vice presidential nominee.
Three years after Brown, President Eisenhower won passage of his landmark Civil Rights Act of 1957. Republican Senator Everett Dirksen authored and introduced the 1960 Civil Rights Act, and saw it through to passage. Republicans supported the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act overwhelmingly, and by much higher percentages in both House and Senate than the Democrats. Indeed, the 1964 Civil Rights Act became law only after overcoming a Democrat filibuster.
Aw, look who can copy and paste. How cute!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

De Odumbo Conser wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh, that's curious, because Ronald Reagan, the conservative deity, tripled the national debt in 8 years. Hell, this country didn't even HAVE a national debt (for all intents and purposes) until President "I don't recall" took office. Then Bill Clinton produces a surplus (this will be funny watching you say he doesn't get the credit, when in the same breath you give all the blame for the current deficits to Obama), and Curious George comes along with the rest of the fiscal conservatives, and turns a $250,000,000,000 surplus into a $1,700,000,000,000 in 8 years, and somehow it's all Obama's fault?
Classic. God you're a moron.
Through rigorous enforcement of housing mandates such as the Community Reinvestment Act, and by prodding mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to make loans to people with lower credit scores (and to buy loans that had been made by banks and, later,“innovators” like Countrywide).

The Housing Department was Fannie and Freddie’s top regulator — and under Cuomo the mortgage giants were forced to start ramping up programs to issue more subprime loans to the riskiest of borrowers.
De Odumbo Conser

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
That is about as clever as you can get, how sophmoric.
Funny how stupid your post was, huh? I thought so, too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

The bottom line is that the signature achievement of the Clinton years (the surplus) turns out to have been a deep negative. For this drag on GDP was being counterbalanced by low household savings, high household debt, and the real revving up of the Fannie and Freddie debt boom that had a major hand in fueling the boom that ultimately led to the downfall of the economy.

And that brings up a broader question that people who advocate balanced budgets must answer.

Despite the budget surplus, interest rates were higher. And the surplus provided no protection of the coming slump. And if anything, it just weakened the most brittle part of the economy: households.

Furthermore, there is a pattern of this.

Japan ran a budget surplus in the year right before its economy went into terminal decline.
De Odumbo Conser

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
Through rigorous enforcement of housing mandates such as the Community Reinvestment Act, and by prodding mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to make loans to people with lower credit scores (and to buy loans that had been made by banks and, later,“innovators” like Countrywide).
The Housing Department was Fannie and Freddie’s top regulator — and under Cuomo the mortgage giants were forced to start ramping up programs to issue more subprime loans to the riskiest of borrowers.
Are you capable of anything other than copying and pasting?

A) Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac don't make loans.

B) There is no such thing as the "Housing Department".

Any other idiotic drivel you can find on the interwebs?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

De Odumbo Conser wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how stupid your post was, huh? I thought so, too.
You don't comprehend very well, do you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

With colleges producing more graduates, and youth unemployment at a sky-high 11.5 percent, even landing a job selling Big Macs is getting competitive.

Consider: A job opening at a Massachusetts McDonald's for a full-time cashier requires one to two years experience and a bachelor's degree.

"Get a weekly paycheck with a side order of food, folks and fun," offered McDonalds.

Welcome to the obama economy graduates.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Fannie Mae is a government-sponsored enterprise (GSE) chartered by Congress to keep liquidity flowing to mortgage lenders such as local and national banks, thrifts, credit unions, and other financial institutions. We purchase and guarantee their loans to enable families to buy homes, refinance their existing mortgages, or access affordable rental housing. We package loans into Fannie Mae mortgage backed securities (MBS), which global investors can purchase.

You can't argue substance, so you argue minutia and semantics.

This is a waste of time.
De Odumbo Conser

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't comprehend very well, do you?
Actually I do. My post was a parrot of your post to show how idiotic your post was. I wrote the same thing you did, you said what I wrote was stupid, ergo...

Boy you're fun to play with.
De Odumbo Conser

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
Fannie Mae is a government-sponsored enterprise (GSE) chartered by Congress to keep liquidity flowing to mortgage lenders such as local and national banks, thrifts, credit unions, and other financial institutions. We purchase and guarantee their loans to enable families to buy homes, refinance their existing mortgages, or access affordable rental housing. We package loans into Fannie Mae mortgage backed securities (MBS), which global investors can purchase.
This is a waste of time.
You aren't telling me anything I didn't already say. Fannie Mae DOES. NOT. MAKE. LOANS. That's not semantics.

You lose again.
De Odumbo Conser

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
This is a waste of time.
See, just to reinforce what a moron you are, let's review:
De Oppresso Liber wrote:
by prodding mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to make loans to people with lower credit scores
Fail. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac DO. NOT. MAKE. LOANS.

You can't even copy and paste a decent idea. You make me sad.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

The Associated Press [AP] has announced they will no longer use the term "Illegal Alien", they will replace it with "undocumented democrat".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

De Odumbo Conser wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I do. My post was a parrot of your post to show how idiotic your post was. I wrote the same thing you did, you said what I wrote was stupid, ergo...
You are a good little parrot, you replaced republican with democrat, absolutely genius, LMAO.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

De Odumbo Conser wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you play with yourself alot?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Manhattan Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Manhattan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••