Soldier Dies After Single Gunshot

Soldier Dies After Single Gunshot

There are 50 comments on the KMAN-AM Manhattan story from Feb 23, 2013, titled Soldier Dies After Single Gunshot. In it, KMAN-AM Manhattan reports that:

Around 12:30 a.m. Saturday morning, officers of the Junction City police department were dispatched to an apartment on the 300 block of West 8th street in reference to a subject suffering from a gunshot wound.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KMAN-AM Manhattan.

DSP

Herndon, VA

#22 Feb 25, 2013
How So wrote:
"JunctionCity Police A Fort Riley soldier was pronounced dead after a single gunshot.
Around 12:30 a.m. Saturday morning, officers of the Junction City police department were dispatched to an apartment on the 300 block of West 8th street in reference to a subject suffering from a gunshot wound.
Upon arrival, officers discovered a 22 year old Fort Riley soldier suffering from a single gunshot. EMS immediately transported the soldier to Geary Community Hospital, where he was later pronounced deceased.
The indentity of the soldier has not yet been released, due to pending notification of his family.
An autopsy has been scheduled. The incident does not look to be criminal in nature, but the investigation is ongoing."
That's the whole damned article. Where do you come up with "suicide"? Suicide is a criminal act. The article says "The incident does NOT look to be criminal in nature". I wondered how long it would be before some shitass would get on here and start yapping about something they know nothing about. People like you make me sick. Stfu and go smoke your drugs.
Good that you speak so high and mighty about yourself! Suicide is not criminal in its intent, its what you do before the actual act. Maybe you should educate yourself before calling others out. You my friend, are the dumbass!
Ralphy

Milford, KS

#23 Feb 25, 2013
If he was such a Saint, why bite the bullet????
Death Becomes Us

Mesa, AZ

#24 Feb 25, 2013
1st off. I said it was Not the Gospel! I am sure he was a fine soldier and I am sorry for your loss. However you need to realize when a situation happens like this. Ppl are going to speak of it. For heaven sakes, it is JC. I do know what it is like because my father killed himself in JC. It was put all over the paper the radio. It is what it is. Honestly, she could have shot him. I was not there, sure you were not too. Or you would have saved him, as he was dear to you.
sad statistics

Junction City, KS

#25 Feb 25, 2013
This young soldier`s death is the collateral damage of a decade of war wearing our military down. In the greater Ft. Riley area this is nearly a monthly tragedy. "Soldier found unresponsive" , "no foul play suspected" , "unattended death" , etc. It`s not hard to figure out what those phrases mean. Suicides are more common than combat deaths. The military is trying ALMOST everything to stop suicide that it can, with one glaring exception : the continued prescritions of drugs with suicidal side effects. To ignore this connection is doing our military a grave disservice. Our troops deserve much better. It`s a paradox that there has been a decades-long "War On Drugs" , during which time the USA has become the most heavily medicated country on the planet. Why can`t we see this and address this issue ?
ralphy

Milford, KS

#26 Feb 25, 2013
All these young men and women know what the risks are. This is bad but no one had a gun pointed at them to enlist or reenlist. It is part of the culture of today.
puff puff pass

Junction City, KS

#27 Feb 25, 2013
sad statistics wrote:
This young soldier`s death is the collateral damage of a decade of war wearing our military down. In the greater Ft. Riley area this is nearly a monthly tragedy. "Soldier found unresponsive" , "no foul play suspected" , "unattended death" , etc. It`s not hard to figure out what those phrases mean. Suicides are more common than combat deaths. The military is trying ALMOST everything to stop suicide that it can, with one glaring exception : the continued prescritions of drugs with suicidal side effects. To ignore this connection is doing our military a grave disservice. Our troops deserve much better. It`s a paradox that there has been a decades-long "War On Drugs" , during which time the USA has become the most heavily medicated country on the planet. Why can`t we see this and address this issue ?
Just pass the joint and it will all be ok. Right?
maybe so

Junction City, KS

#28 Feb 25, 2013
ralphy wrote:
All these young men and women know what the risks are. This is bad but no one had a gun pointed at them to enlist or reenlist. It is part of the culture of today.
True, but they enlisted so others wouldn`t have to be drafted. We are letting them down by allowing these toxic meds to be passed out like Halloween candy. We`ve seen the TV commercials warning of suicidal thoughts as a side effect of these poison pills. We need to just say no to the really dangerous drugs and open our minds to sensible, holistic alternatives.
Ralphy

Milford, KS

#29 Feb 25, 2013
I haven't heard about the draft being reinstated. I joined in 71, when the draft was about over. As far as the drugs, you have many contract doctors trying to make themselves appear needed. We have to change ourselves first. I'm not a combat vet but I did grow up in the projects in St.Louis.
good question

Junction City, KS

#30 Feb 25, 2013
puff puff pass wrote:
<quoted text>
Just pass the joint and it will all be ok. Right?
Forty years ago, society and the military had more veterans dealing with PTSD than we do now. Yet, suicide was a fraction of its current rates. You never heard of people on anti-depressant and anxiety meds, or kids on Ritilan or saw commercials hawking meds on Tv, radio, and newspapers. I won`t say medicinal marijuana is the total solution, but it doesn`t fuel suicidal thoughts or tendencies, either. Recent studies have even shown LSD to be very effective in treating PTSD, in a controlled environment. There will always be those who think the Government is always right, even when results say otherwise. These are usually the same folks crying and whining about "Big Government". Their hypocrisy is amusing.
wha dufuq did u say

Junction City, KS

#31 Feb 25, 2013
good question wrote:
<quoted text> Recent studies have even shown LSD to be very effective in treating PTSD,
Because the one thing we need is a PTSD disturbed vet with access to guns and LSD. That will make everything oh so much better.
Ralphy

Milford, KS

#32 Feb 25, 2013
While growing up in the 60's and 70's we had alot of recreational drugs around but you really didn't hear much about self inflicted death. "Good Question" is correct in that alot of our problems are due to todays culture. Suicide, gun violence, video games,music and values is all about our upbringing.
Check the wife

Junction City, KS

#33 Feb 25, 2013
rumor has it she may be the probable source of the scrip drugs he had taken and she has had alot of mental issues herself, she could have more to do with this than just this guy was disturbed. If you give someone drugs and they go kill someone or them selves isnt that considered mansluaghter? I Hope law enforcement checks into this. He was to young to die.
get a clue dim bulb

Junction City, KS

#34 Feb 25, 2013
wha dufuq did u say wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the one thing we need is a PTSD disturbed vet with access to guns and LSD. That will make everything oh so much better.
I said it had been successful under psychiatric supervision in a controlled environment. Like any drug, it`s accessible if somebody wants it. We only use 10% of our brains, and LSD opens doors to the locked up areas. PSTD disturbed vets have access to much more dangerous drug that`s legal- alcohol. But that causes no concern for the knee-jerk nincompoops like yourself who have been brainwashed to believe otherwise.
there you have it

Junction City, KS

#35 Feb 25, 2013
Check the wife wrote:
rumor has it she may be the probable source of the scrip drugs he had taken and she has had alot of mental issues herself, she could have more to do with this than just this guy was disturbed. If you give someone drugs and they go kill someone or them selves isnt that considered mansluaghter? I Hope law enforcement checks into this. He was to young to die.
The poster named "How So" in post #2 was adamant that this was not a suicide and no prescription drugs were involved. Shows where his head is at.
seriously

Macomb, MO

#36 Feb 25, 2013
Get a grip... i am the wifes sister annd no she didnt... none of you experienced what she did behind closed doors.. btw, trying to take her life with his... its. sad situation and rip to him... you all are absurd and definately the dwfinition of jc's finest.
mayb so

Tulsa, OK

#37 Feb 25, 2013
Just what i heard other people saying,your right i dont know anything about it but its hard to not speculate considering she just went to jail for domestic looks like a nut in the arrest pic and apparently has a reputation of being alittle cooky just sayin.
jlw

Rossville, KS

#38 Feb 25, 2013
seriously wrote:
Get a grip... i am the wifes sister annd no she didnt... none of you experienced what she did behind closed doors.. btw, trying to take her life with his... its. sad situation and rip to him... you all are absurd and definately the dwfinition of jc's finest.
i agree with you...rip to him and bless her for going thru what she is going thru. ya all are in my prayers.
Ralphy

Milford, KS

#39 Feb 25, 2013
I THINK THAT FOR THE MOST PART, THIS HAS BEEN A GOOD BLOG. EVERYONE SHOULD DO WHAT THEY CAN TO HELP OUR YOUNG PEOPLE TO DO THE RIGHT THING IN THE RIGHT WAY. I'M NOT A BIG JOINER BUT I HELP WHERE I CAN. GIVE IT A TRY.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#40 Feb 26, 2013
Ralphy wrote:
While growing up in the 60's and 70's we had alot of recreational drugs around but you really didn't hear much about self inflicted death.
Apparently you didn't see John Waters' movie "The Diane Linkletter Story" - but I say that facetiously. This was a daughter of a right-wing celebrity who allegedly committed suicide while under influence of LSD, but it was certainly a rare occurrance and promoted solely to fool the public and keep the white middle class hyped up about what happens with people who smoke heroin and whatnot.
"Good Question" is correct in that alot of our problems are due to todays culture. Suicide, gun violence, video games,music and values is all about our upbringing.
Please elaborate. It kind of seems like your on to something but I want to see what. What do you see about "today's culture" that's different from any specific past era?
Back in the day

Mesa, AZ

#41 Feb 26, 2013
I remember a high school kid when I was about 8. They said he was given LSD in a soda at a party. He jumped from the bridge. He was always so nice to me as a kid. I have never forgotten him. His bf was a kid names Mike. He was just a nice of guy. Funny the ppl we remember when we are a kid. Just by acts of kindness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manhattan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a married man Feb '17 Jeremy 3
Trump's Cabinet - The Wrecking Crew Dec '16 K State Grad 1
News Sentencing set in Brewer rape case (Dec '11) Dec '16 Also a victim 5
Let's play where is Gina and otis Dec '16 Waldo 1
Trump will win, wait and see just watch (Aug '16) Dec '16 Butthurt 28
News Army fires Grigsby from fort command post Dec '16 Wrong head 4
Lady Jennifer F. Fort Riley Dec '16 What again 4

Manhattan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance