New superintendent for 114

Posted in the Manhattan Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Super

United States

#1 Sep 17, 2012
Should be someone outside the present administration, outside Manhattan , outside L- W area, outside Will County. Someone with experience with a strong financial background. What say you?
hahahaha

Orland Park, IL

#2 Sep 17, 2012
Are you kidding me... of course not. Let Murphy's husband have it, that's the Manhattan way.

You were warned during the last 2 election cycles as teachers and their friends and family were voted on the board, when the fox watches the henhouse, we all get screwed.

Manhattan's made its bed, the few board members who aren't actually teachers or related don't have the guts to find the right candidate, so now we're all lying in it...
vortex

Manhattan, IL

#3 Sep 17, 2012
Has this been officially announced? Is this a fact? If it is true, remember that Pietrzyk, Mancke, Murphy and Ryan's terms expire in 2013. DO NOT RE-ELECT THEM. I truly expected more than this from Pietrzyk. They need to hire someone that has a strong financial background and a backbone. Someone who will not get caught up in the nepotism of Manhattan.

"few board members who aren't actually teachers or related" who would that be?

bbb

Downers Grove, IL

#4 Sep 17, 2012
vortex wrote:
Has this been officially announced? Is this a fact? If it is true, remember that Pietrzyk, Mancke, Murphy and Ryan's terms expire in 2013. DO NOT RE-ELECT THEM. I truly expected more than this from Pietrzyk. They need to hire someone that has a strong financial background and a backbone. Someone who will not get caught up in the nepotism of Manhattan.
YEAH SO TRUE!
hahahaha

United States

#5 Sep 17, 2012
vortex wrote:
Dawn Murphy was a teacher and her husband wants Butters' job; DeCaprio has a relative, spouse I believe teaching in the Jr. High; Ryan teaches at Lincoln Way; although I don't think a teacher, Boyles was employed by 114 in numerous positions. Doyle, Mancke and Pietrzyk are the only ones with no direct ties. Doyle and Mancke would likely look to do what's right for Manhattan and our kids. Pietrzyk won't do anything that might hurt his vision business in town... refuses to say no to anything for fear of his own interests with that and since Murphy bats her eyes at him and knows how to push his buttons, he's never going to say no to her husband.
puke

Manhattan, IL

#6 Sep 18, 2012
DeCaprio's wife is a junior high teacher. Doyle is former mayor James Doyle's brother. His niece is a teacher and James' sister-in-law works for 114. If Pietrzyk falls in to the trap, it just may hurt his business. How will people be able to trust him? Mancke has been on the board for over 25 years but I am not sure of the connection. I think Ryan is related to someone too.

If relatives are qualified I have no problem with them being hired. However, qualified applicants should not be passed up.
hahahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Dawn Murphy was a teacher and her husband wants Butters' job; DeCaprio has a relative, spouse I believe teaching in the Jr. High; Ryan teaches at Lincoln Way; although I don't think a teacher, Boyles was employed by 114 in numerous positions. Doyle, Mancke and Pietrzyk are the only ones with no direct ties. Doyle and Mancke would likely look to do what's right for Manhattan and our kids. Pietrzyk won't do anything that might hurt his vision business in town... refuses to say no to anything for fear of his own interests with that and since Murphy bats her eyes at him and knows how to push his buttons, he's never going to say no to her husband.
Manhattan Resident

Manhattan, IL

#7 Sep 18, 2012
I don't care who they are related to, that has not bearing over whether they can do the job or not.

Some of you have had sheltered lives with all of the bitching you do about this school district. If you want to see bad, go look at other communities. This school district is a blessing, and our children are very lucky to be part of it.
down in front

Chicago, IL

#8 Sep 18, 2012
Manhattan Resident wrote:
I don't care who they are related to, that has not bearing over whether they can do the job or not.
Some of you have had sheltered lives with all of the bitching you do about this school district. If you want to see bad, go look at other communities. This school district is a blessing, and our children are very lucky to be part of it.
Please. Keep church and state separate. And the kids are FORTUNATE, not lucky. Look at what other communities? There should always be a separation of related persons - it make for a good system of checks and balances. Clean up this taxing district with your vote this next election in an effort to control costs and reduce your tax burden.
Manhattan Resident

Manhattan, IL

#9 Sep 18, 2012
down in front wrote:
<quoted text>Please. Keep church and state separate. And the kids are FORTUNATE, not lucky. Look at what other communities? There should always be a separation of related persons - it make for a good system of checks and balances. Clean up this taxing district with your vote this next election in an effort to control costs and reduce your tax burden.
Oh shut up your Atheist twit! It must suck for you to be so ignorant. Thank God there is help for your problems.
hahahaha

Orland Park, IL

#10 Sep 18, 2012
I wonder who you're related to...

I know the Murphy's and although I have no problem with my kids under their care for a birthday party, sporting event or something of that nature, I do not feel that he is capable of caring for our children with regards to running our school district. He has recently been in charge of transportation followed by technology at Lincoln Way. These are not a prerequisites in my mind for the person that we need to run all of our school finances as we continue down these horrible economic times.

Our kids deserve better, Manhattan deserves better. I am certain there are qualified candidates who have actual experience as Superintendents who can come into our district with that knowledge to lead.

We don't have the time for on the job training. No offense to Murphy, or McWilliams or Pacheco either... our kids deserve better, Manhattan deserves better.

Hopefully our board president Pietrzyk and vice president Mancke will do as they were elected and put in their due diligence to finding Manhattan the best, experienced person for the job.
Super

United States

#11 Sep 18, 2012
There are 4 educators,2 long term experienced board members,a busnessman on this board who I'm confident will find an experienced superintendent with strong financial credentials in these tough times.
When selecting a new superintendent you want the above expertise to select our new leader. A very qualified board!
Peachy

Manhattan, IL

#12 Sep 18, 2012
Who are the four educators? Ryan and Murphy are the only ones I know of.
Super wrote:
There are 4 educators,2 long term experienced board members,a busnessman on this board who I'm confident will find an experienced superintendent with strong financial credentials in these tough times.
When selecting a new superintendent you want the above expertise to select our new leader. A very qualified board!
hahaaha

United States

#13 Sep 18, 2012
Super wrote:
So which patsy are you, or are you Murphy herself. Educators in charge of educators... that's such BS. Very qualified?? Very patronizing for the most, afraid to speak out for some, and mostly in it for the money... Only one reason Murphy got on the board 4 years ago and this is it... setting up her inexperienced husband to take Butters cash cow.
down in front

Riverside, IL

#14 Sep 19, 2012
<quoted text> Oh shut up your Atheist twit! It must suck for you to be so ignorant. Thank God there is help for your problems.
Mirror, mirror on the wall who is in the deepest of them all? You must be part of the play to get at Butters' over-the-top compensation package. True american greed. So you shut up you tuat!
wunderin

Manhattan, IL

#16 Sep 19, 2012
I hope who ever gets the job does not get the over-the-top salary too. That is more than the Chicago super makes!
down in front wrote:
<quoted text>Mirror, mirror on the wall who is in the deepest of them all? You must be part of the play to get at Butters' over-the-top compensation package. True american greed. So you shut up you tuat!
down in front

Mokena, IL

#17 Sep 20, 2012
wunderin wrote:
I hope who ever gets the job does not get the over-the-top salary too. That is more than the Chicago super makes!
<quoted text>
Keep broadcasting that out loud.
fyi

Manhattan, IL

#18 Sep 26, 2012
Any official word?
LBJ

Manhattan, IL

#19 Sep 26, 2012
More than likely it will be Murphy, whether he's qualified or not. We the Tax Payers will be paying him way more than we should, 175k or better. And I'm sure we will be giving his wife a teaching job, like they have always done in the past for other board members wives. Oh I hope someone else runs... Boyle's and Decaprio are useless, Ryan and Murphy aren't much better, and Doyle I wonder if he is even awake during the meetings.
Jamal

Manhattan, IL

#20 Sep 26, 2012
Why are there no black teachers? Racist town!
Shaquita

United States

#22 Sep 26, 2012
Funny, you say he is the reason racism still exhists, yet, your response in saying, "None Of The Black Teachers That Applied Are Qualified To Teach". I believe that smells racism right there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manhattan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Secret on TrumpCare is NOW out! 3 hr WoW 17
3 Yrs Ago UNI Told Appalled she is screwed 4 hr LMAO 20
Please Governor. Have Illinois file Bankruptcy... 7 hr Pooh locater 107
Racial Doom The Clash 10 hr Hoody 1
Uh Oh!!!! 11 hr The Wedding Planner 6
Wedding Bells!! 13 hr Sharky 4
White Trash 15 hr Sharky 2

Manhattan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance