First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WTF

Sadorus, IL

#1 Feb 12, 2013
As Mayor Bill Borgo is seeking re-election as mayor of the Village of Manhattan, one would think he would choose to have his fundraiser IN town and support a local business, right?! Not the case. No, it seems Bill is far more comfortable in the Village of New Lenox where his fundraiser is set to be held March 6th at Gatto's Restaurant. Of course, this is right in line with the way he's done business in town. Just ask him what firm he used to provide insurance benefits to Village employees. A local business who sells Blue Cross Blue Shield? NO! Billy B and his cronies chose to ignore local insurance agents and go with a Chicago firm. Way to keep your money where your house is, Bill! And you claim to stand for the people of Manhattan?? Shame on you!
Duh

Bloomingdale, IL

#2 Feb 12, 2013
And what classy establishment would u like him to have it at in Manhattan???
JR puff n stuff

Chicago, IL

#3 Feb 12, 2013
What does need to hold a fundraiser for anyhow? Just sell off the Caddy for those yard signs. The is a classic example of a politician using the other guy's money to benefit one's self. Don't be a fool - don't contribute.
JR puff n stuff

Chicago, IL

#4 Feb 12, 2013
He could doll up is section of the empty mall. Bring in a generator, tables, chairs, a caterer, a bartender, swanky portapotties, etc. Plenty of parking there. Maybe some showgirls, too! Write up a temporary license to bring those new slot machines. Lots can be done locally, William.
JR puff n stuff

Chicago, IL

#5 Feb 12, 2013
Do you have the vision?
Manhattan Resident

Manhattan, IL

#6 Feb 13, 2013
JR puff n stuff wrote:
What does need to hold a fundraiser for anyhow? Just sell off the Caddy for those yard signs. The is a classic example of a politician using the other guy's money to benefit one's self. Don't be a fool - don't contribute.
The way I see it, if you can buy an empty building and sit on it. You shouldn't need a fund raiser!

The top 4 highest salaries don't spend no money here, they all live out of town. They support there own towns buisness.with your tax dollars. See the vision?
WTF

Midlothian, IL

#7 Feb 13, 2013
Hey Duh, first if all why do you need to have a fundraiser at all? Seriously, how much money do you need to run for Mayor of Manhattan?! A few yard signs, some T-shirts, maybe a mailer. For years that's all candidates did, plus walking door to door and talking to people. Borgo has always acted like he's some big shot Chicago politician. This isn't Chicago or Aurora, Joliet or Naperville. This is a small town w 7000 working class people who weren't handed a pile of daddy's money and it's about time he realized it. How about a meet and greet a a local pub? It's good enough for the other 2 candidates! Having a fundraiser out of town, sponsored by a business from out of town, is simply a slap in the face to residents. Period!
WTF

Midlothian, IL

#8 Feb 13, 2013
Manhattan Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
The way I see it, if you can buy an empty building and sit on it. You shouldn't need a fund raiser!
The top 4 highest salaries don't spend no money here, they all live out of town. They support there own towns buisness.with your tax dollars. See the vision?
ABSOLUTELY!!
Larry

United States

#9 Feb 13, 2013
Bor .....GO far far away and take Mike with you !
confused

Manhattan, IL

#10 Feb 13, 2013
A fundraiser could have been held at Jack's on State. Could have also rented out one of the schools or churches. Connoly's Catering owners live in the township and have good food. Could have also catered from Berkots, the Mexican place or Chinese or one of the pizza places. Shows you where the loyalty is.

Now is the time

Plainfield, IL

#11 Feb 13, 2013
Its this easy do you want higher utility taxes and salaries for the village hall staff then vote for Borgo.If you want to lower the utility taxes and get rid of at least 2 of the high salaries at the village hall vote for Doyle.Every year your water bill goes up 5 percent ,its time to stop this.No one can change property taxes if they tell you they can its a lie. A way to save money for the residents is by cutting this taxes on the utilities as a start.Borgo refuses to do this.Every dollar helps a family this days lets not keep giving are money to them and help keep it in are pockets.
cute redhead

Chicago, IL

#12 Feb 13, 2013
If I recall correctly, in the 2009 election Doyle, Borgo and Gray all promoted doing business locally. I see Gray around a lot and Doyle does many local things, but Borgo is elusive. And when he goes anywhere locally there is always a controversy. I'm not for, or interested in Borgo anymore. To us, we're just the little people he can pick upon for his gain.
actually

United States

#13 Feb 14, 2013
WTF wrote:
As Mayor Bill Borgo is seeking re-election as mayor of the Village of Manhattan, one would think he would choose to have his fundraiser IN town and support a local business, right?! Not the case. No, it seems Bill is far more comfortable in the Village of New Lenox where his fundraiser is set to be held March 6th at Gatto's Restaurant. Of course, this is right in line with the way he's done business in town. Just ask him what firm he used to provide insurance benefits to Village employees. A local business who sells Blue Cross Blue Shield? NO! Billy B and his cronies chose to ignore local insurance agents and go with a Chicago firm. Way to keep your money where your house is, Bill! And you claim to stand for the people of Manhattan?? Shame on you!
I agree on the location for the fundraiser to an extent, but where in town can he have it? The Gallagher owned Jakes?, the Chinese place? Or the New Mexican place? Jakes would be the only one, but Gallagher is far from a supporter.
State law requires the insurance to be bid out , not go to just a local business. That's how you avoid someone's brother from getting contracts unfairly.
So lets attack him in the real issues. He has done nothing helpful for the town these last 4 years (personally have not been around longer then that). He has however managed to raise our taxes via fees, to pay for the overly high salaried administrator , he ha kept an unnamed town planner as well as a unused town inspector. Time to outsource these jobs, but only because they are part time jobs at best.
ABC 123

Chicago, IL

#14 Feb 14, 2013
Why doesn't Borgo hold his affair out on the 80 acres of swampland he bought for the town at the cost of a million big ones? Plenty of room out there.
Santa

Manhattan, IL

#15 Feb 14, 2013
I am hurt. I did get invited.
larry

United States

#16 Feb 14, 2013
Where is Jakes ? You mean Jacks ?
actually wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree on the location for the fundraiser to an extent, but where in town can he have it? The Gallagher owned Jakes?, the Chinese place? Or the New Mexican place? Jakes would be the only one, but Gallagher is far from a supporter.
State law requires the insurance to be bid out , not go to just a local business. That's how you avoid someone's brother from getting contracts unfairly.
So lets attack him in the real issues. He has done nothing helpful for the town these last 4 years (personally have not been around longer then that). He has however managed to raise our taxes via fees, to pay for the overly high salaried administrator , he ha kept an unnamed town planner as well as a unused town inspector. Time to outsource these jobs, but only because they are part time jobs at best.
haha

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Feb 15, 2013
larry wrote:
<quoted text>Where is Jakes ? You mean Jacks ?
Call it want you want, either way it sucks. Crappy bland over priced food.
Manhattan Resident

Manhattan, IL

#18 Feb 18, 2013
Santa wrote:
I am hurt. I did get invited.
Must be hand picking his voters.
cute redhead

Chicago, IL

#19 Feb 18, 2013
Manhattan Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be hand picking his voters.
Looks to me like a naughty or nice thing. He only wants the naughty votes.
Boss Hog

Elgin, IL

#20 Feb 18, 2013
Why not have fundraiser out of town,he dont need the people of manhattan because he gets the big bucks from the boy's with the big buck's.It's called pay to play. Borgo dont need a meet and greet cause he is to good for that. Thats why he calls the citizens of manhattan by phone for thier vote. If people agree then he sends Scum bag bill out to put the sign in your yard. Bottom line, all this happends and he did not shake your hand, an could not even look you in the eye too say thank you. why because he thinks he is to good for that.there is two other candidates who are interested to do the job. Pick your favorite one and forget about borgo. Mike and Jamie are doing meet and greets in our town.They will shake your hand,look you in the eye and answer your questions the way it should be. ''BORGO'S GOTA GO''. Do the rite thing we have had enough of borgo and his bandits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manhattan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kraus is having problems again today 2 hr Bad Mom 15
DOYLE on the ropes (Aug '14) 7 hr help Mr Wizard 57
A question for the Mayor? 7 hr help Mr Wizard 56
New Report Lists Illinois School Districts in t... 8 hr lol 3
You have got to be kidding 11 hr Funny Bone 6
Town Square Cleaners Mon Been there done that 15
parking in foxford May 3 courtesy over the... 23
More from around the web

Manhattan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE