ice cream place
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mike

Wood Dale, IL

#1 May 1, 2009
Can anyone tell me the history of why Manhattan doesn't have an ice cream shop? I would think that in a small town we would have a nice ice cream shop...
Wow

United States

#2 May 1, 2009
We did along time ago. It was located in the same building where Kraus Cable is.
I scream

United States

#3 May 1, 2009
Didn't we have one where Mrs. G's is now for a while? I think the woman who owned got cancer. Then the same place was a hot dog place with icecream but closed when Charley's 2 opened. Of course we all know what happened to that.
The old RT's is suppose to be a Steamboat/Creamery, we have been waiting three years for that.
mike

Paso Robles, CA

#4 May 1, 2009
I would have to think it would be a gold mind! Why did it close? I am suprised the owner of the creamery has not opened one in manhattan. He seems to have the market in every town!
I scream

United States

#5 May 1, 2009
That old building probably needs a lot of work to get it up to standard. It has been sitting empty for many years.
There is one getting closer. McKenzie? McHenry? what ever the guys name is, is opening a creamery at the corner of Nelson and Laraway Roads in New Lenox in the old Tomosino's pizza place.
Old Timer

Phoenix, AZ

#6 May 1, 2009
Manyyears ago you had several. Ivan Goodwin had one near the school. Siefert Drug Store also had a Ice Cream and Soda Fountain and Hoermans Hotel also had one.
Manhattan Demon

La Grange, IL

#7 May 1, 2009
Bill that owns Gas City is the owner of the old RT's building, and he is not putting a Creamery there. He's probably going to sell it.

Since: Mar 09

Manhattan, IL

#8 May 2, 2009
Manhattan Demon wrote:
Bill that owns Gas City is the owner of the old RT's building, and he is not putting a Creamery there. He's probably going to sell it.
You even said another without realizing it. RT's was great when I was a kid. Typical small town atmosphere. Fantastic people that sponsored Little League teams and made the best chili dog! They had the full array of ice cream too.

Charlie 2's was originally an ice cream shop. Too bad that the Creamery won't be coming to Manhattan.
Mike

United States

#9 May 2, 2009
Suprise Bill wouldn't place a Creamery in Manhattan, considering he already owns that building. If the old Tomisino's is turning into a creamery, then Manhattan needs an italian ice shop! Something different...

Does anyone know if he is going to sell that building?
Manhattan Demon

La Grange, IL

#10 May 2, 2009
Bill was only thinking about putting a store there because he wanted to piss off Chuck Cresenzo(long story), the owner of Charlie 2's. Since the economy turned sour, Bill has decided not to put the Creamery there, and yes I believe he may be selling the building, but I can't confirm.
Mike

United States

#11 May 3, 2009
Anyone visit the Creamery in New Lenox? I went this Sunday and I can't believe Manhattan doesn't have an ice cream shop! Lines out the door! Now I know New Lenox is 3 times the size of Manhattan but that Creamery only serves the south portion of New Lenox. If that is crowded I would imagine an ice cream place would do well in this town.

Tell Bill to open a Creamery in Manhattan!! We pride ourselves on being a small town and we don't even have an ice cream shop.
Hmmm

United States

#12 May 3, 2009
I agree. I was going to go there yesterday, but it was way too busy. Went to baskin obbins instead.
so long ice cream

Bloomingdale, IL

#13 May 6, 2009
Manhattan Demon wrote:
Bill was only thinking about putting a store there because he wanted to piss off Chuck Cresenzo(long story), the owner of Charlie 2's. Since the economy turned sour, Bill has decided not to put the Creamery there, and yes I believe he may be selling the building, but I can't confirm.

Neither Bill McHenry nor Chuck Crescenzo want to deal with our mayor anymore, so they won't be starting any new businesses in our town any time soon. I'd say it's highly likely Bill will be selling.
quietriot

United States

#14 May 6, 2009
I just drove past Sicilian Joe's today and they had a sign outside saying that they are now selling shakes, malts and flurries! Yeah!
Mike

United States

#15 May 6, 2009
Yes, I seen the same sign. Somebody must be catching on!

What is the history behind Bill, Chuck and the current mayor?
Jeff

Paso Robles, CA

#16 May 10, 2009
I had ice cream at the sleep inn this weekend. It was yummy!
bill of sale

United States

#17 May 10, 2009
I going to snowmobile through your backyard Jeff!

Since: May 09

Carbondale, IL

#18 May 19, 2009
I remember riding into town with mom and dad to Goodwin's. It was where Dr. Lee opened his practice on Rt. 52 State St. and the street in front of Anna McDonald School. Dr. Bedescu's office. And on A good day we would go to Fitzers Frosties in Joliet. Those were the good old days.
Old Timer wrote:
Manyyears ago you had several. Ivan Goodwin had one near the school. Siefert Drug Store also had a Ice Cream and Soda Fountain and Hoermans Hotel also had one.
mike

United States

#19 Jun 7, 2009
Ha, somebody must be listening. Did you see what is coming to Manhattan? That's right the creamery, finally we will have a place to go for ice cream and desserts.
bill mcenery

Lake Zurich, IL

#20 Jun 10, 2009
Manhattan Demon wrote:
It appears that "Manhattan Demon" pretends to be an authority on many subjects. Keep name dropping. It shows how small you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manhattan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Please use abbreviation when addressing trump i... 28 min Sharky 14
Weinstein 8 hr Appalled 5
When we elected trump.... 10 hr GhostOfNipsyRussell 1
Systemic Sexism and white male privilege... 11 hr Appalled 17
New Lenox Mustangs a Joke (Sep '10) 11 hr Done2015 60
Trump Hasn't Said A Word 12 hr Appalled 23
Jason Aldean 14 hr Spooky 23

Manhattan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance