Butternut Ridge
Duh

Bloomingdale, IL

#103 Mar 7, 2013
The village will not take anything over nor can u disband the HOA. If the homes go on the high end at 300k people in there are screwed. Good luck!
foryourinfoAny

United States

#104 Mar 7, 2013
Talk too Borgo, he wants to put in more homes for eqaul housing.
big daddy

Chicago, IL

#105 Mar 7, 2013
Duh wrote:
The village will not take anything over nor can u disband the HOA. If the homes go on the high end at 300k people in there are screwed. Good luck!
Didn't say disband the HOA. Said make it PASSIVE and DO NOT COLLECT dues. It sure as hell can be done. Who are you? Our very much disliked board member?
big daddy

Chicago, IL

#107 Mar 8, 2013
Curious wrote:
Yet again I wonder how people are screwed if the homes go for 300k....also if I'm not mistaken there is sonething in the HOA mentioning if HOA is not paid or abolished and turned to the village that an ssa tax will be added to taxes for the proper maintenance needed to the subdivision upkeep and visual presentation. Not in those words but you get the idea. Look at the fine print... I could have misinterpreted or mistaken the wording but that's what I got out of it...
<quoted text>
Ahh. You speak of the dirty trick imposed upon Brookstone and you are worried it would happen in Butternut. Legally, the Village can not do a thing unless collapse of the HOA is IMMINENT. And care is not given to the common areas. That's why by Resolution of the HOA declaring it intact but PASSIVE the bases are covered. Residents of the sub still have to take it upon themselves to keep the common areas clean and in compliance with ordinance. It's like a self-service gas station. DIY. And save. Only one guy in this town who would try such a dastardly deed again, putting an SSA on a sub illegally. You know of him well.
Keeping it real

Manhattan, IL

#108 Mar 8, 2013
Who comes up with these ignorant subdivision names in Manhattan??
Sick of this

Elgin, IL

#109 Mar 8, 2013
WTF is wrong with you people? Are you adults, in kindergarten, or just plain stupid. Get a life already.......
Yikes

United States

#110 Mar 8, 2013
Curious wrote:
Yet again I wonder how people are screwed if the homes go for 300k....also if I'm not mistaken there is sonething in the HOA mentioning if HOA is not paid or abolished and turned to the village that an ssa tax will be added to taxes for the proper maintenance needed to the subdivision upkeep and visual presentation. Not in those words but you get the idea. Look at the fine print... I could have misinterpreted or mistaken the wording but that's what I got out of it...
<quoted text>
I would go along with ssa and turning it over to the village. It's a tax anyway you look at it so keep the money local and out of lawyer hands. It's bad when I trust the village with money over the property managers.
Disgusted

Elgin, IL

#111 Mar 9, 2013
Sick of this wrote:
WTF is wrong with you people? Are you adults, in kindergarten, or just plain stupid. Get a life already.......
What are you talking about?
Sick of this

Elgin, IL

#112 Mar 9, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about?
I'm talking about your idiotic comments
Disgusted

Elgin, IL

#113 Mar 9, 2013
Sick of this wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm talking about your idiotic comments
You would not understand , unless you live in the subdivision.....your the idiot commenting on something you know nothing about.
Manhattan is in Illinois

Manhattan, IL

#114 Mar 10, 2013
HONESTLY PEOPLE DON'T BUY HERE!!!! If you want a 300k box of mold, leaks, and repairs go ahead. I know someone posted they didn't have any issues and maybe God blessed them but go knock door to door and ask for opinions before buying. I don't even need to single any houses out. Just knock on a door and say 'How many issues have you had with your home?' and if you want to avoid the little issues like a small crack in the basement floor maybe try 'How many MAJOR issues have you had with your home?' because I know personally I could list 8. I am trying to get an editorial into the local papers about the bs that has occurec in the past. I noticed they are spending big on advertisments and its alarming the turnout they have.
Yea yea

Chicago, IL

#115 Mar 10, 2013
Manhattan is in Illinois wrote:
HONESTLY PEOPLE DON'T BUY HERE!!!! If you want a 300k box of mold, leaks, and repairs go ahead. I know someone posted they didn't have any issues and maybe God blessed them but go knock door to door and ask for opinions before buying. I don't even need to single any houses out. Just knock on a door and say 'How many issues have you had with your home?' and if you want to avoid the little issues like a small crack in the basement floor maybe try 'How many MAJOR issues have you had with your home?' because I know personally I could list 8. I am trying to get an editorial into the local papers about the bs that has occurec in the past. I noticed they are spending big on advertisments and its alarming the turnout they have.
It does seem there are more complaints with the BR homes but unfortunately go door to door with almost any builder and the homeowner will rattle off the issues. Whether its cachey, omalley or Camelot I've heard major problems with them all by numerous people. Everyone is "throwing" these homes together unless you build as your own Gc and can monitor the entire process and have a better day with it all. I'm sorry for everyone's experiences and the person that claimed no issues may just have had that, no issues. Your experience isn't everyone else's experience...
Disgusted

Elgin, IL

#116 Mar 10, 2013
Yea yea wrote:
<quoted text>
It does seem there are more complaints with the BR homes but unfortunately go door to door with almost any builder and the homeowner will rattle off the issues. Whether its cachey, omalley or Camelot I've heard major problems with them all by numerous people. Everyone is "throwing" these homes together unless you build as your own Gc and can monitor the entire process and have a better day with it all. I'm sorry for everyone's experiences and the person that claimed no issues may just have had that, no issues. Your experience isn't everyone else's experience...
Most builders do have problems as you cannot please everyone, but these guys are bad for this town and should have been run out. Remember they left once, they will do it again.
Butternut Home Owner

Lockport, IL

#117 Mar 11, 2013
I live in Butternut and me and a relative bought two homes.

Distinctive has always done us right and i am glad to see them back under what ever circumstance their maybe.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#118 Mar 11, 2013
Ive never had a problem with the builder. I had some small issues, but they took care of them. Its good to see a builder out in the subdivision again. Im tired of looking at empty lots
Manhattan is in Illinois

Manhattan, IL

#119 Mar 11, 2013
I agree, lets fill the empty lots. Looks like some custom homes (or something with a name near that) is building in some of the lots. I support them (since I have no negative feelings towards them). I just don't understand how the people of the sub aren't out in force. I know for a fact the two houses when you enter the sub division were full of mold. I heard the models flooded. I know I get water every time it rains (just found out its not only in the basement). I know my neighbors get water in their basement most of the time we get rain.
Unbelievable

Elgin, IL

#120 Mar 11, 2013
Manhattan is in Illinois wrote:
I agree, lets fill the empty lots. Looks like some custom homes (or something with a name near that) is building in some of the lots. I support them (since I have no negative feelings towards them). I just don't understand how the people of the sub aren't out in force. I know for a fact the two houses when you enter the sub division were full of mold. I heard the models flooded. I know I get water every time it rains (just found out its not only in the basement). I know my neighbors get water in their basement most of the time we get rain.
Most likely because most of the original owners are long gone....foreclosures or short sales...some would call them lucky.
Manhattan Girl

Crete, IL

#122 May 29, 2013
Im quite happy with my home. Yes I have had some minor problem, but they were not the builders fault. Part of being a homeowner is taking care of your home yourself. You shouldn't blame others for your mistakes.

If anyone is interested in building in the subdivision, you are more then welcome to come talk to me.
The Judge

Aurora, IL

#123 May 30, 2013
Manhattan Girl wrote:
Im quite happy with my home. Yes I have had some minor problem, but they were not the builders fault. Part of being a homeowner is taking care of your home yourself. You shouldn't blame others for your mistakes.
If anyone is interested in building in the subdivision, you are more then welcome to come talk to me.
What hours are you in the office over at Distinctive???
I live at butternut

Crete, IL

#125 Feb 23, 2014
its real simple, i live at butternut, distinctive built my home along with three friends that followed my lead to buy here. We all had good experiences and we know that our neighbors did to.

its only an idiot that craps in the bed he sleeps.

so my "friend" it appears you are an idiot.

if you do not have anything decent or at least constructive then keep it to yourself because i know that your opinion is by far not the majority opinion of the residents at butternut.

distinctive and mr. nooner have treated us fairly and have went above and beyond what was expected.

i believe you do not live in butternut, in fact i believe you are probably the competition of Distinctive's posting negative things.

Knock it off looser. people can see right thru you.

Jp

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manhattan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Democrats should push for presidential candidat... 4 min MyPantiesMatchMyBra 80
Trump's Inaugural Address 20 min MyPantiesMatchMyBra 33
FACT: lawsuit charges Donald Trump with.... 35 min MyPantiesMatchMyBra 37
Yup Yup Yup 37 min Oh what a lonely boy 41
Dollar Store 11 hr An American in Ma... 12
manhattan hauntings ? ? ? (Nov '08) Sun Collin1 4
News Manhattan-Elwood Public Library News (Mar '14) Jan 20 Hello 7

Manhattan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance