small driveway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2009

Is there any way we can get the village to reconsider the winter parking ban in some subdivisions? If there is no snow parking on the street overnight should not be a problem.
Again

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2009

Go to a meeting and ask. You are not going to get an answer from anyone from the village on here..
parker

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2009

small driveway wrote:
Is there any way we can get the village to reconsider the winter parking ban in some subdivisions? If there is no snow parking on the street overnight should not be a problem.
The police in Manhattan use selective enforcement on the parking issue. I pulled off of the street to obey the overnight parking restriction, and got a warning ticket for blocking the sidewalk overnight, while all up and down my block, cars are straddling the sidewalk 24 hours a day.
AGREE

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2009

Again wrote:
Go to a meeting and ask. You are not going to get an answer from anyone from the village on here..
This is key. GO TO MEETINGS. Officials hate this more than anything.
Another Moron

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2009

Judged:

small driveway wrote:
In a million years, what would ever give you the idea that posting your question on this web site would result in any constructive reply. This web site is full of anonymous chest pounders who do nothing but spin bullshit. If you take anything on this site for more than amusement purposes you're a moron and probably shouldn't be allowed to drive a car anyway.
Merry Christmas

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2009

Judged:

AGREE wrote:
<quoted text>
This is key. GO TO MEETINGS. Officials hate this more than anything.
Yes they do, love to watch em squirm when a good crowd comes in. There are only 3 people that can function on that board without a script.
wanting justice

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2009

This website is hillarious. Does anyone on here actually go to meetings? Who doesn't need a script? They all do
Pete

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

small driveway wrote:
Why do you have to park in the street? Do you own too many cars? Driveway not big enough? No driveway?
LOL

Wheaton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

Pete you got it right!!!!
Pete

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

small driveway wrote:
The no parking ban at night is also for security. All cars that are on the street at night are checked by the police dept.
grasshopper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

I agree when you walk on the sidewalk every time you come to a driveway you have to walk around the 20 cars in the sidewalk part of thr driveway in the grass, thats why the call it a SIDEWALK people you should be ticketed its a town ordanance and the police should do thier job and ticket these assholes that break the law especally when you have kids in a stroller and walking a dog!!!!
Pete

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

grasshopper wrote:
I agree when you walk on the sidewalk every time you come to a driveway you have to walk around the 20 cars in the sidewalk part of thr driveway in the grass, thats why the call it a SIDEWALK people you should be ticketed its a town ordanance and the police should do thier job and ticket these assholes that break the law especally when you have kids in a stroller and walking a dog!!!!
I agree. Also what most forget is that the sidewalk and parkway is city owned property.So if a city has an overnight parking ban and you park on the parkway and block the side walk, you are still on the street and can get a ticket.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Manhattan Forum right now

Search the Manhattan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 11 min jimtownhounddogsniffing 3,777
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 16 min Chicagobunny 47,035
Foxford RV (Apr '13) 1 hr the way it is 137
Minooka Man Stalked & Exposed Self to Teen in M... 3 hr FYI 3
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 21 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,533
Prior Restraint Unfree Press Wed Ari 1
Dunkin Donuts Wed Dont tread on me 19
•••
•••
•••
•••

Manhattan Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Manhattan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE