California Proposition 19: the Mariju...

California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legalization Initiative

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 7, 2010

19,879 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Belmont hill Mitt

Anderson, CA

#10365 Apr 1, 2012
Obvious wrote:
So I feel it is obvious that you "smoke it everie hour you are awaik" People say it does not change them... nor does it cause any long term damage.... I think it does... my point was made exactly within this comment... Jimbo, your spelling is HORRIBLE! I am going to correct you so maybe, even though you smoke it regularly, you may be able to learn a little from your post. It is: every not everie, awake not awaik, official not offishal, strongly not stronglie. Not sure what 'Scattinni' is... and finally when you want someone else to do what you are asking you use the word 'too' not 'two'. The word 'two' is how you spell the numerical version of '2'. There is your lesson. But, please, by all means continue to smoke pot! It is very obvious that it has not caused you any long term damage to your brain!
<quoted text>
you sound like a compleatly underinformed rebuttlicken...

understand that the new rules will be enforced in trinity....

and the penalty for non-compliance is a $750 fine...

finally these uptight, rebuttlicken county supervisors have found a way to tax the crops coming out of the pines.....without locking anyone up!

while still catering to their hysterical, non-informed base(you)
Belmont hill Mitt

Anderson, CA

#10368 Apr 1, 2012
The Peruvian Hammer wrote:
Sir Belmont..who said anything about voting for either party? That's like voting for either a cobra or a rattle snake, I'll take neither!!! If people think each vote really counts, well don't forget the "chad" incident in Florida(yes daddy bought my Presidency) that put Bush Jr. in office shall we? Like Jesse Ventura says, "I'm an equal opportunity party hater!" One last thing, if anyone actually thinks "The President" is actually in charge of calling the "real shots" then stop smoking and drinking like yesterday!!! Merely a puppet, merely a puppet! Can you say the word "duped?"
I dont think I went too far into politics in my post.

I think I was just describing the mechanics of the sub-prime meltdown...

I think I mentioned clinton didnt I??

he was also reponsible for signing Nafta...

the legal framework by which our jobs are exported daily.

what does smoking and drinking have to do with the sub-prime debate??...I do not drink.

as far as the party's go??

the repub's have slid far, far to the right in their orthodody wouldnt you say?? they have purged many centrist members of their party.

and Obama has coopted much of that ground they have vacated(ie the mandate,cap and trade ect.)

right?

ps: I am forced to think when it comes to business that the republicans and the democrats are more or less two wings of the same business party....

the democrats wouldnt have power if they hadnt slid back to the center(with bill) after 88' and doocockkiss....
Raydot

California City, CA

#10369 Apr 1, 2012
Industrial hemp would create millions of NEW jobs. Ron Paul said that. Does anyone know where Sh!t Romney or Nutt Gingrich or Ovomit stand on industrial hemp for 2 dollars a gallon clean burning biofuel? They stand in the way so far. Ovomit said we bought one million barrels less of that nasty stuff, because of the electric cars and gas savers. Well Ovomit, we can do better than that by growing fuel ya jerk! Thats the same as a puppet. Ovomit, sponsored by undocumented democrats.
Anonymous

Stockton, CA

#10370 Apr 1, 2012
lets do away with alcohol also!
Belmont hill Mitt

Anderson, CA

#10371 Apr 2, 2012
Raydot wrote:
Industrial hemp would create millions of NEW jobs. Ron Paul said that. Does anyone know where Sh!t Romney or Nutt Gingrich or Ovomit stand on industrial hemp for 2 dollars a gallon clean burning biofuel? They stand in the way so far. Ovomit said we bought one million barrels less of that nasty stuff, because of the electric cars and gas savers. Well Ovomit, we can do better than that by growing fuel ya jerk! Thats the same as a puppet. Ovomit, sponsored by undocumented democrats.
yes but bio fuels arnt the long term answer because of the need for food poroduction.

too bad your man ron is only getting 10 % of the primary vote.

I like three of his ideas....well two and a half.

legalize hemp and everything else...

end the wars and bring home our troops from japan and germany(finally)

and reform the fed(ron wants to abolish it, but I think we should reform it, and put it under citizen reveiw)......after all it is our money, right??? by the people and of the people.???

after that ron paul gets out of the same clown car as the rest of those fools on the right.
XIII

West Covina, CA

#10372 Apr 2, 2012
@KrazyKyngeKorny stfu u racist ignorant fool! i bet your ancestors were illegal immagrants from europe! this land belonged to us Mexicans and Native Americans! your the real illegal aliens! so go read a book and get educated before you judge! and if you don't like us here, then go back to holland or germany or wherever the f*ck you came from b*tch!!!!!!!!!!btw you comment was completely irrelevant
Raydot

California City, CA

#10373 Apr 2, 2012
Belmont hill Mitt wrote:
<quoted text>
yes but bio fuels arnt the long term answer because of the need for food poroduction.
too bad your man ron is only getting 10 % of the primary vote.
I like three of his ideas....well two and a half.
legalize hemp and everything else...
end the wars and bring home our troops from japan and germany(finally)
and reform the fed(ron wants to abolish it, but I think we should reform it, and put it under citizen reveiw)......after all it is our money, right??? by the people and of the people.???
after that ron paul gets out of the same clown car as the rest of those fools on the right.
Bio fuels are the long term for the United States. You know, it's almost like your trying to say Ron Paul wont be are next president. Well how do ya like that. Did you know everyone likes Ron Paul, they think he makes the most sense and we could save alot of money and create jobs and he wont stand in the way of using hemp for fuel, BUT Sh!t Romney looks presidentual and so all these bright people are going with Sh!t. We dont need a military base in every country, we have nuclear missiles, enough to blow up the earth 50,000 times. The USA did and can grow hemp. You need to read up about which countries use it. Try, which countries use industrial hemp. The UK, Russia, Canada, China. We are the ones that are brainwashed into thinking it's taboo and a sin and a crime. You said there is not enough room to grow hemp for fuel because we need to grow food. This tells me that you are not informed enough about industrial hemp. Look up Henry Ford and hemp. Look how much fuel can be grown on just one acre. Most people in the United States are for industrial hemp and recreational bud and medical bud. Our corrupt politicians that Americas idiots keep voting for are NOT! What happend to free enterprise? Not in this country. Every day medical marijuana is on the news in California, and thats because the real threat the GOV doesnt want you to know about is INDUSTRIAL HEMP!
Provocateur

Oakland, CA

#10376 Apr 2, 2012
To Raydot...sorry for your blatant and complete ignorance of THE REAL REASON why hemp is not currently legal in this country! Now go do something called research cuz' you are so off the mark it gives stoners a bad name man!!! Hint, it's got do do with pure profit.
YOU HAVE BEEN SCHOOLED BY THE HAMMER SON!!!
Hey Mr. Research: California Proposition 19 (also known as the Regulate, Control & Tax Cannabis Act) was a ballot initiative on the November 2, 2010 statewide ballot. It was defeated, with 53.5% of California voters voting "No" and 46.5% voting "Yes."

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

#10377 Apr 2, 2012
I'm hungry.
Provocateur

Oakland, CA

#10380 Apr 2, 2012
Did we vote already on this? Did "Bugsbunny" win? Que senor, para Presidente?!?
Try some of that research you've been talking about.
Ama2Xavier

Hayward, CA

#10381 Apr 3, 2012
- Allows people 21 years old or older to possess, cultivate, or transport marijuana for personal use.

- Permits local governments to regulate and tax commercial production and sale of marijuana to people 21 years old or older.

- Prohibits people from possessing marijuana on school grounds, using it in public, smoking it while minors are present, or providing it to anyone under 21 years old.

- Maintains current prohibitions against driving while impaired.

How will you vote on November 2? No
phaines

Big Bear City, CA

#10382 Apr 3, 2012
I'll vote "yes"..the more stoned people are the less I'll have to deal with them..lol

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

#10383 Apr 3, 2012
Did we vote already on this? Did "Bugsbunny" win? Que senor, para Presidente?!?
Ich was nicht
Belmont hill Mitt

Anderson, CA

#10384 Apr 3, 2012
Raydot wrote:
<quoted text>Bio fuels are the long term for the United States. You know, it's almost like your trying to say Ron Paul wont be are next president. Well how do ya like that. Did you know everyone likes Ron Paul, they think he makes the most sense and we could save alot of money and create jobs and he wont stand in the way of using hemp for fuel, BUT Sh!t Romney looks presidentual and so all these bright people are going with Sh!t. We dont need a military base in every country, we have nuclear missiles, enough to blow up the earth 50,000 times. The USA did and can grow hemp. You need to read up about which countries use it. Try, which countries use industrial hemp. The UK, Russia, Canada, China. We are the ones that are brainwashed into thinking it's taboo and a sin and a crime. You said there is not enough room to grow hemp for fuel because we need to grow food. This tells me that you are not informed enough about industrial hemp. Look up Henry Ford and hemp. Look how much fuel can be grown on just one acre. Most people in the United States are for industrial hemp and recreational bud and medical bud. Our corrupt politicians that Americas idiots keep voting for are NOT! What happend to free enterprise? Not in this country. Every day medical marijuana is on the news in California, and thats because the real threat the GOV doesnt want you to know about is INDUSTRIAL HEMP!
hmm......

I read the emporor wears no clothes about 17 years ago.

I certainly know exactly why hemp is illegal, as well as you do .

I agree with dr paul on that at least.

hemp is an excellent industrial fibre and marijuana has excellent qualities as a medicine....

most people dont know that because they dont use it.

but is it going to fuel the world???

I dont think so.
in the long run...we need all our arable land for food production.

im willing to go with it, just to show people like you, that it wont be nearly enough, considering our food and energy needs.

I love the idea of bio fuels taking over when and where they can, but I dont think it will be forever, before we need the land back.

there are so MANY ways to power the world.....burning things to make the world go, is sort of just a stop gap measure to a clean renewable future of energy.

Im not against it, Ive just decided it is not a permanent fix.

wind, solar, hydro, geothermal, tidal, passive solar, hydrogen and
synthetic liquid menthane made from hydrogen(made from water)

these are all more promising in the long run, than bio-fuels.

besides, you need to burn fuel to make fuel.....hardly efficient.

compared to a huge passive solar array.

I feel for ya with your support of dr. paul.

he has the best ideas of any republican.

but he has garnered only 10% in the primaries and not won a single state.....
I hardly think that qualifies your statement "every body likes ron paul"......
.....because everybody in your party likes the guy who lives on belmont hill.
or the wack job(santorum) who thinks they dont teach american history at the university of california.

so for the record, my position is greener than yours.

not that your isnt progressive.

I spend plenty of time argueing with dunderheads who are advocating for "clean coal" and noookular power!!

so you are like a breath of freah air compared to most republickens.
cheers.
Belmont hill Mitt

Anderson, CA

#10385 Apr 3, 2012
Wow! I quit on here! ONCE AGAIN IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO THE NEXT PRESIDENT IS HE/SHE DOES NOT CALL THE SHOTS...AND YES I'M YELLIN'!!! Does anyone on here even know that? Oh...Clinton sucks...oh...both Bushes suck...oh...Obama sucks the worst(it just keeps gettin' better right, NOT!)...guess what suckers...MOST OF US ARE SUCKERS TOO!!! Does ANYONE, ANYONE at all here see a pattern of things gettin' worse and worse and worse! I will leave you with one of the easiest and biggest scams done to ALL AMERICANS! Are you stoners ready? The Govt. wants all of us to divide instead of unite so therefore they leave most(I'm guessin' about 95% of you)of us fighting, bickering, name calling, VERY DISTRACTED FROM "THE BIG PICTURE" etc. Why? Do distract us while we become zombie fools!!!POPPIN' LEGAL PILLS BY THE HAND FULL AND FIGHTIN' OVER LAMO PROP. 19 and keep dividing us while(think real hard about this please) "The Govt. screws us further! As real Americans don't we all pretty much want the same good things for OURSELVES, FRIENDS, FAMILY, NEIGHBORS, THE NEXT GENERATION? Ever hear of "united we stand, divided we fall?"
YOU HAVE ALL BEEN HAMMERED THE TRUTH...NOW GO BE UPSET WITH ME CUZ' I DON'T CARE YOU IGNORANT FOOLS!!!
quite right...

what does that all mean though......to you.??????

Ive already left the city.

mabey you should think about it too while land is still cheap here in the golden state.

are you for or against a measure like prop 19??

im for it.

i think prohibition is the real evil, breaking up families and fueling the scam, that is the criminal injustice system.
Belmont hill Mitt

Anderson, CA

#10386 Apr 3, 2012
Ama2Xavier wrote:
- Allows people 21 years old or older to possess, cultivate, or transport marijuana for personal use.
- Permits local governments to regulate and tax commercial production and sale of marijuana to people 21 years old or older.
- Prohibits people from possessing marijuana on school grounds, using it in public, smoking it while minors are present, or providing it to anyone under 21 years old.
How will you vote on November 2? No
yes.

BUT, I think it will fail again because the unlikely alliance of red-necks, christians and growers.

yes virginia, politics do make strange bedfellows!!!
Raydot

California City, CA

#10391 Apr 3, 2012
Belmont hill Mitt wrote:
<quoted text>
hmm......
I read the emporor wears no clothes about 17 years ago.
I certainly know exactly why hemp is illegal, as well as you do .
I agree with dr paul on that at least.
hemp is an excellent industrial fibre and marijuana has excellent qualities as a medicine....
most people dont know that because they dont use it.
but is it going to fuel the world???
I dont think so.
in the long run...we need all our arable land for food production.
im willing to go with it, just to show people like you, that it wont be nearly enough, considering our food and energy needs.
I love the idea of bio fuels taking over when and where they can, but I dont think it will be forever, before we need the land back.
there are so MANY ways to power the world.....burning things to make the world go, is sort of just a stop gap measure to a clean renewable future of energy.
Im not against it, Ive just decided it is not a permanent fix.
wind, solar, hydro, geothermal, tidal, passive solar, hydrogen and
synthetic liquid menthane made from hydrogen(made from water)
these are all more promising in the long run, than bio-fuels.
besides, you need to burn fuel to make fuel.....hardly efficient.
compared to a huge passive solar array.
I feel for ya with your support of dr. paul.
he has the best ideas of any republican.
but he has garnered only 10% in the primaries and not won a single state.....
I hardly think that qualifies your statement "every body likes ron paul"......
.....because everybody in your party likes the guy who lives on belmont hill.
or the wack job(santorum) who thinks they dont teach american history at the university of california.
so for the record, my position is greener than yours.
not that your isnt progressive.
I spend plenty of time argueing with dunderheads who are advocating for "clean coal" and noookular power!!
so you are like a breath of freah air compared to most republickens.
cheers.
Look, im not talking about fueling the world or feeding the world, im talking about being self dependent so we do not have to be dependent on forign fuel. As a past 4H and FFA member I know that we can fuel more than half the United States with other clean burning fuels besides deadly fossil fuels. We have already seen what we can do, but the oil companies and politicians will not hear of it. It brings the price of gasoline down when more cars can drive on what we throw away every day. We are not the country we used to be. Politicians back the people with the money who absolutley hate innovation. As long as we are a corrupt country with broken laws, we aint goin anywhere soon. Bush and Obama said we are too dependent on foreign fuel. Duah, look who's standing in the way. Americas idiots and corrupt politicians. It's to bad we have become a failed country with broken laws and no workforce. Just a bunch of cheap labor illegals, sponsored by corrupt politicians.
Belmont hill Mitt

Anderson, CA

#10392 Apr 3, 2012
Raydot wrote:
<quoted text>Look, im not talking about fueling the world or feeding the world, im talking about being self dependent so we do not have to be dependent on forign fuel. As a past 4H and FFA member I know that we can fuel more than half the United States with other clean burning fuels besides deadly fossil fuels. We have already seen what we can do, but the oil companies and politicians will not hear of it. It brings the price of gasoline down when more cars can drive on what we throw away every day. We are not the country we used to be. Politicians back the people with the money who absolutley hate innovation. As long as we are a corrupt country with broken laws, we aint goin anywhere soon. Bush and Obama said we are too dependent on foreign fuel. Duah, look who's standing in the way. Americas idiots and corrupt politicians. It's to bad we have become a failed country with broken laws and no workforce. Just a bunch of cheap labor illegals, sponsored by corrupt politicians.
you were making so much sense until the last sentence when you refered to the population at large as a "bunch of cheap labor illegals".....

really???

when did we all become that??

NO work force?? really??

our work force numbers 200 million plus!!

whats up with the broad knownothingish assertions.???

I thought RP supporters were a step above the hysteria of the tea baggers!!???
really

United States

#10393 Apr 4, 2012
CitizenTopix wrote:
Proposition 19 would change California Law to Legalize Marijuana and Allow It to Be Regulated and Taxed:
How will you vote on November 2?
sooo,drug testing for employment is null and void? Which will disciminate a non user who uses heavy equipment vs someone HIGH who will just want to play with the equipment like bumper cars hazardly...weee!
Mike

Westminster, CA

#10394 Apr 4, 2012
George D Horwitz wrote:
I long ago stopped using marijuana, so I am only commenting as a disinterested observer at this point,but there are I think two things worth considering.
1.) Pot's presently against the law, so anyone using it is breaking the law. So if millions of Americans are out breaking that law, might they not be easily led to breaking other laws? I do not favor having such a lax attitude for the law.
Many people think laws are stupid and they break them. Slippery slope.
2.) If we decriminalize marijuana, that might lead to less criminal activity. It might not, but it might.
For twelve years, alcohol was illegal in the United States, and this gave rise to a gangster class we now call The Mafia. It also lead to a more accepting attitude among previously law-abiding citizens toward criminal activities like drug dealing, hiring imigrants without papers, fraudulent lending, tax evasion, the whole enchilada. Many Americans engage in some form of criminal activity, and I am not convinced that changing the rules governing pot will change our attitude at this late date.
Significant opponents of pot law reform include the folks who make beer and liquor.
Gorge: Do you really think that marijuana is that harmless?? There has been no medical studies and we are puting it out there for all to use. It does cause mental proplems I have seen it first hand. By polar peolple can not handle it. I have seen poeple beat there heads on walls and want to kill they selfs. The T.H.C in the marijuana is so high today we really don't know what we are getting. As for your comment or the mafia. You have no idea what you are talking about. They have been and always will be here. So what if we make all drugs legal will that make your simple mind happy??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manhattan Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harbor-UCLA Medical Center cited for safety vio... (Oct '11) 21 hr Raj Chanani 279
LA Stadium Hollywood Park at 3883 W. Century Bl... Wed LA Stadium Hollyw... 10
News The staggering body count as California newspap... Wed Trash Talk 4
Review: Doctor Smile Dental Group - Kayvon Javi... (Dec '09) Tue SarahMarieOlsen 6
Truck that plays "Turkey in the Straw" Apr 17 ConfusedByTruck 1
Review: Inglewood Lanes Bowling Alley Apr 15 BOWLING 1
food bowl at farmers' market Apr 12 Mona Day 1

Manhattan Beach Jobs

Personal Finance

Manhattan Beach Mortgages