Hermosa Beach needs walk of fame cand...

Hermosa Beach needs walk of fame candidates

There are 18 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Jan 17, 2009, titled Hermosa Beach needs walk of fame candidates. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Hermosa Beach is soliciting names for the latest additions to its Surfer's Walk of Fame.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

Suggestion

United States

#1 Jan 18, 2009
I think you should include the mayor of Torrance Frank Scotto.
North shore

United States

#2 Jan 18, 2009
What a joke this is. Perhaps its time to start submitting the names of city employees too. This is a dead horse thats been beaten and beaten again. Do you think that fat tub of goo Sam Edgerton has ever been on a surf board ? Nooooooo ! But he pushes this thing and oushes it so he can get recognized. Lets just put a brass plaque in the parking lot of the mermaid for him.
Brian Wilson

Diamond Bar, CA

#3 Jan 18, 2009
I nominate Donovan Sellan, hes the best at everything, just ask him.
North shore

United States

#4 Jan 19, 2009
Brian Wilson wrote:
I nominate Donovan Sellan, hes the best at everything, just ask him.
I have to agree. Officer Donovan Sellan is mister wonderful. Just ask him !(Of course from what we hear most of his coworkers at HBPD would not agree.- nor his past coworkers at Inglewood PD or Manhtattan Beach PD - all of whom are very glad not to be burdened by him themselves.) He's so dreamy. But I heard the closest he's ever been to the water was when his past relatives made their way into this country. Too funny !!!!!!

Here's a funny thought, Donovan Sellan riding 'two up' on a surfboard with Chief Sevelli or Human Resources director Mikey Earl ! Ahhh heck ! make it fun and put them all on the board together !
KBq2

United States

#5 Jan 19, 2009
The newly minted fascist regime is already sporting cracks in public confidence...keep it up, fellas.....good to see.
Maybe our Terrible Trio of East Coast Kooks on Kouncil can show us their shredding skills..lotsa
big waves in Mike DiVirgilio's Connecticut or Keegan's Chicaaaaago or the Denver Drop-in King,
Boooobko(OK,one real East Coast Kook but what the heck).Buncha Barneys runnin this town....SPLIT!
No Name in PV

La Habra, CA

#6 Jan 19, 2009
If they don't already have a great roster of potential inductees, and they need to ask the public at this late date... Indicates this is boondoggle that should be canceled immediately.
Beer Distibutor

Springfield, MA

#7 Jan 22, 2009
I nominate Bergie Benz!
Dude

Santa Monica, CA

#8 Jan 22, 2009
Add The Big Lebowski to the list
Or maybe give a nod to Sean Penn to placate him since he won't get an Academy Award again. His portrayal of surfer punk makes me want to have something representative available that I can spit on...and a place I can stomp ketchup packets on. A good gum depository too.
Gwen

Lakewood, CA

#9 Jan 30, 2009
North shore wrote:
What a joke this is. Perhaps its time to start submitting the names of city employees too. This is a dead horse thats been beaten and beaten again. Do you think that fat tub of goo Sam Edgerton has ever been on a surf board ? Nooooooo ! But he pushes this thing and oushes it so he can get recognized. Lets just put a brass plaque in the parking lot of the mermaid for him.
LOL Sam Edgerton on a surfboard, LOL!!!!
Gwen

Lakewood, CA

#10 Jan 30, 2009
North shore wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree. Officer Donovan Sellan is mister wonderful. Just ask him !(Of course from what we hear most of his coworkers at HBPD would not agree.- nor his past coworkers at Inglewood PD or Manhtattan Beach PD - all of whom are very glad not to be burdened by him themselves.) He's so dreamy. But I heard the closest he's ever been to the water was when his past relatives made their way into this country. Too funny !!!!!!
Here's a funny thought, Donovan Sellan riding 'two up' on a surfboard with Chief Sevelli or Human Resources director Mikey Earl ! Ahhh heck ! make it fun and put them all on the board together !
Hysterical!
Gwen

Lakewood, CA

#11 Jan 30, 2009
Beer Distibutor wrote:
I nominate Bergie Benz!
Hey you forgot Pete Tucker!
Tubulator 2011

San Clemente, CA

#13 Dec 20, 2011
Hermosa Walk of Fame is on it's way. I humbly nominate Tubesteak/Malibu
TEN OVER

Mccomb, MS

#14 Dec 20, 2011
Freddy Pfahler, Tim Tuthill!!! Ask your list of people that are there now. That's all you need. These 2 should of been there a long time ago. Ask Dick Mobley!!!
Joyce Fahey

Torrance, CA

#16 Aug 31, 2013
I nominate Hugh Janus, Burgie Benz and Hany Fangary. We want E&B oil!!!
Nope

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Nov 22, 2013
Put bibity bobity boobko on a surfboard with sippity sappaty Saveli and you have a gruesome twosome. Puke!
Yep

Torrance, CA

#18 Nov 24, 2013
Surfing is so gay. Surf city is West Hollywood!
Hermosa Beach Resident

Redondo Beach, CA

#19 Apr 14, 2015
Nanette Barragan is a carpet-bagger candidate for Congress. Sure glad she's leaving Hermosa Beach and will have to resign from our City Council. She's done NOTHING for our city. Shoo!
Daddy Doggie

Carson, CA

#20 Apr 16, 2015
I don't know who any of these people mentioned but you guys are funny. Must be an inside thing but great comments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manhattan Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Citibank 18 min CITIBANK INGLEWOOD 4
Inglewood Lanes is new located at 4030 W. Centu... (Feb '16) 9 hr longlivebowling 21
Review: Inglewood Towne Shopping Center 17 hr COMING SOON 2019 5
Inglewood Towne Shopping Center 18 hr COMING SOON 2019 1
Review: Starbucks Coffee Company 19 hr STARBUCKS INGLEWOOD 13
News Jewish Cop Busted Mel Gibson (Aug '06) Tue Bob Masters 392
M.B. Realtor Lifeguard Tower w/ Sun Logo-Stcike... (Jan '12) Mon Here 2

Manhattan Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manhattan Beach Mortgages