Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#21 Jan 4, 2012
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry, I thought you were one of my acquaintances because your post sounds like something she would write. To answer your question about the raise. It is not up to me to decide if they need the raise or not. why cause an uproar or problems for the people on police jury?
Apology accepted. Sex is indeterminable here and doesn't matter. What does matter is where my tax money is going! As it should everyone else!! After the 10th it won't be about Bubba Moore, Bill Tatum or Judy Green anymore. It'll be about Ronnie Gilley, Ken McKay, Jessie Washington, Althan Smith, Elliott Colvin, Scooter Medlin, Steve Lofton, Sharon Gee and Milton Linder. It's up to every citizen in this Parish to determine whether they should get a raise just like we griped when Bubba Chaney nominated himself for a raise. When you holler because your road looks like crap and they say they're short of funds, do you question why or just accept it? Several years ago they had to relinquish their pay because the coffers were going dry. You think they will this time?? They're spending money like it's yours and mine. Guess what?!? I'm not trying to argue or start a debate unless it's factual and not slandering. I just want to know why anyone thinks the police jury deserves that much money? Look around this Parish and then answer truthfully.

Location hidden

#22 Jan 10, 2012
Update: For those who did not attend, could not attend or didn't want to attend tonight's police jury meeting. Mr. Ken McKay made the motion to raise the salaries to $1,600 a month per juror and Mr. Steve Lofton seconded it. Mr. Jesse Washington argued that had he known the jurors were planning this, he would have asked to give the workers more than the $1,100 yearly wage raise they got. Especially since they do more work than the jurors.(His words). He also stated that with the $1,000 they now receive, plus the insurance monies those who have separate insurance receive (that's illegal, btw) and a $600 raise on top, some would be making more than $2,300 a month. He also pointed out that during the heavy rains last night, he drove and saw evidence of two jurors having neglected drainage in the Delhi area. The motion to receive a raise was tabled until another time. Mr. Althan Smith was re-elected President (not by 100%) and Jesse Washington was offered the job as Vice-President replacing the former V.P. Judy Green. He declined saying his health was more important. Mr. Steve Lofton is the new V.P. No other committee's were re-formed at this time. Mr. Bubba Moore and Mrs. Judy Green were to be re-placed on a government committee they served on, and Mr. Smith suggested Mr. Elliott Colvin. Mr. Washington jumped on that saying "you can't appoint a person who hasn't even taken the oath of office yet!" Mr. Colvin was not at the swearing in meeting tonight, nor the meeting. So that, too, was (I believe) tabled. They will be advertising for bids for beaver trappers. If you have the skills, you need to have personal insurance to pursue this (I think). The Parish is in bad need of Coyote hunters/trappers as well. Okay, that's all, folks, until the beacon runs it.
Watching

Dade City, FL

#23 Jan 11, 2012
Thanks for the info. Well all we can say Steve Lofton needs to get off his rear along with his workers. They start alot of things but never finish. If they got to ask what just tell them to go back to what they was working on. The work orders was not finished. People are tired of the bull. Time is ticking. Everyone is watching. I recon everyone is still getting payed for all the rainy days. No one has been around checking on drainage around in Steve's district. We didnt have much choice in the election but enough people would probably sign a petition to get rid of the same old crap. For as the raise Steve think before you JUMP. Prove something and people might back you.
Fedup

Netherlands

#24 Jan 13, 2012
I think that they should fix all the roads , clean the drainage out and get ready for the spring floods that we have every year before they vote themselves a raise. Why do they get to vote their own raise anyway ---kinda like letting your employes determine their own pay !!!

“Country Girl”

Since: Jan 12

Rayville, LA and Amarillo, TX

#25 Jan 15, 2012
I am Mrs. Green's niece, and to those who commented about her personal indiscretions, do you really know the situation at hand or are you spouting off at the mouth? Unless you have proof then you can be charged with libel. Don't cast the first stone until you remove that boulder from your own eye.

I love my aunt and in my opinion she has been a very good police jury member. The roads look better since she was on board.
blondewarrior

United States

#26 Jan 15, 2012
Judy is my sister and her personal life is no one's concern but her own. As far as police jurymen go she has been the best regarding flood control with ditch digging and paving the roads. The prior police juror did NOTHING to prevent flooding and runoff of water. I did not vote for Mr. Medlin because I don't know him but I do hope he will do the good job Judy has done. We have roads in Zebedee that need paving right now. When you cast stones at someone, look at your own life first, suckers!!! Love you Judy!!!!
Watching

Gladewater, TX

#27 Jan 15, 2012
Well thats fine for judy. But as for Steve Loftin and Jeoy evens they try to pull stuff over your face they will tell you to your face one thing and never follow up. It is a joke. They need to clean house and get responsible people in there to finish what they start. This pea gravel and tar mix is a joke. it dont set good in the holes that r six to 10 inches deep and all over the roads. people are tired of not being able to ride motorcycles and classics on our fine roads. will be asking about a audit of the past few years and the woork orders. show me where the money went, besides the holes in pockets. Its like grade school just do the work you get a gold star by your name. lets start of easy for you. like a test that you fill in the circle for the correct answer. just do it to the pot holes.
Watching

Gladewater, TX

#28 Jan 15, 2012
P.S. When you start getting front end allinments and blowed tires or bent rims. Remmenber your getting the bill. Its your responsability to keep the roads and drainage so it makes it your responsability and your fault.

“Country Girl”

Since: Jan 12

Rayville, LA and Amarillo, TX

#29 Jan 16, 2012
Go through the chain of command.. If you can't get anything done with Mr. Evans or Mr. Lofton then go higher up.. Don't just drone on about it.. Stand up!! You have a voice so use it!

Also, if these so called men are sorry then why were they relected. If you have issues then call the Police Jury or go to the meetings.
Watching

Lakeland, FL

#30 Jan 16, 2012
If you knew who ran against Steve you would know. We really didnt have a choice this time. We are dealing with it and they will see. Either they fix the problems or they get thier checkbooks out and pay for damages.

Location hidden

#31 Jan 16, 2012
I got this figured out, Watching. See, Larry Copes actually beat Lofton in a few of polling areas. But when it came to Thompson's Pond and big farming areas, he fell short. Now, you and I both know that politics is about "who you know", right? Mr. Lofton has F. Thompson's cell phone number on speed dial having done a lot of construction work for him. Several contractors have all the illegal dope on Lofton, but since Lofton uses their services, they won't spill it. You got a road in yours (or Steve's district) called Rev. Eppinette Rd. Steve Greer used to live on it and finally moved out after flooding several times and not getting anything out of Lofton. The guy that bought it,(a Morris) tried to get something done to the canal behind the house (cleaned out), but kept getting excuses. So, this guy calls Mrs. Green who tells him it's not in her district.(I got this from him personally). He asked her to go for a 4-wheeler ride with him and look at it. Would you believe she did?? It wasn't long before the Parish came out and did some work.(How much and if it helped, I don't know). Now, Lofton got p$^sed about this but couldn't do anything except behind her back. That's when she got on the stick and started digging up all the illegal roads being redone in the Parish and turned them in to the Leg. Auditor. You should call her some time and talk to her. Now, another odd thing. Lofton has a big vegetable truck patch on the Boeuf River and sells his produce to - guess who? Scooter Medlin. He got Medlin to run against her and started rumors that have been proven false, but it's too late. So now you got a jury composed of Lofton, Linder, Medlin, McKay and Smith who will stick together on any item they want to go through. That's politics. I'd be a lot better off if she was my police juror, I guarantee you!! But honesty doesn't pay anything these days!

Location hidden

#32 Jan 16, 2012
Watching wrote:
If you knew who ran against Steve you would know. We really didnt have a choice this time. We are dealing with it and they will see. Either they fix the problems or they get thier checkbooks out and pay for damages.
One other thing. Gather up estimates (2) on repairs and take them to the Police Jury office. Force them to pay for windshields, wheel balancing, etc. Make sure you name the road. You won't be the first one to get paid. Jeff Barmore got over $400 on a buggy wheel he claimed got busted on a gravel road. But that was in McKay's district. Yeah, he didn't bring in estimates, according to my source. Just the bill.
iI Know who your are

Monroe, LA

#33 Jan 19, 2012
Judy, Judy, Judy. Quit hiding behind the name of wfm-rayville. You write things that only you would know, and hope people would think you were the best Juror ever. Leave it alone. Go do something else but make comments.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#34 Jan 19, 2012
iI Know who your are wrote:
Judy, Judy, Judy. Quit hiding behind the name of wfm-rayville. You write things that only you would know, and hope people would think you were the best Juror ever. Leave it alone. Go do something else but make comments.
Hey! I don't know who wfm is. He is helping out the Humane Society, which is most important to us. We assume it is he who is making donations. So, don't try to tell me I'm hiding behind another's name. I'm proud of my name and use it unlike some on here. And if you have any dealings with any governmental office long enough, it's easy to know the ropes. Try it. In fact I wish everyone would visit the meetings occasionally. Good way to see how your tax money works. But one other thing! Whoever he is, he does have some good valid points and seems to know (in my opinion) what he's talking about. Which is more than you do.

Location hidden

#35 Jan 19, 2012
Oh, and one other thing. You have changed your name constantly on here, and people still know who you are. You're just a basher looking for good times.
I_need_news10

Monroe, LA

#36 Jan 19, 2012
Did Eliott Colvin ever get sworn in? What was the hold-up? Did the payraise go through? Yes, I agree with some people on here-we need to pay attention & show up at the PJ meetings and let our concerns be known! When are the PJ meetings?
Watching

United States

#37 Jan 19, 2012
How many people have been down Parish line road (mitchner rd) or Goosehollow rd? I'm just asking.The roads have been going down for some time. Mitchner rd is a road that many people use to go back and fourth to work. People have to use it during the wet seasons because the Goosehollow rd. and myers rd. go under water and it is dangerous when it is muddy. Our children and family travel these damn roads and it is time for something beside hot patch on these rds. Hell they graded the road then it rained and while it was wet they drove the dump truck up and down the road. Guess what? The road fell apart. The gravel got pushed down in the road. For as the ditch digging they are cleaning ditches out but they still are not running the water where it wants to flow. Has anyone heard of the phrase== Do it right the first time and you want have to worry about it===We have 2 million dollar bridges on two roads you barely can get down. And if I here there is not enough people out here i will call them a lie. In the past we have even been told if the road is to bad to go around by parish line rd. Are the police jurors going the pay the difference in gas and time. Just for thought--what if the fire dept. or sheriff dept. has to come out this way and the road is torn apert because it has rained. If a fire meets someone they can not get to the shoulder of the road because its not going to stop till it hits the ditch. As for as the sheriff office. When they come out the roads are tearing the vehicles apart. Vehicles today cannot take offroad conditions on the roads we are using up this way.

Location hidden

#39 Jan 19, 2012
iI Know who your are wrote:
Let me tell you something about human nature. Besides the fact I know who you are and how close you live to me, I don't hide behind anonymity. I was a darn good Police Juror. My problem is going to be the next and next and next, etc. jurors problem. 4 jurors in one barn all needing work done at the same time. Lack of monies. Lack of jury and citizen support. So, come out of the closet, quit hiding behind 5 pseudonyms and get a life that doesn't try to pull at someone's reputation.
Watching

United States

#40 Jan 19, 2012
Mrs. Green dont let them bother you. Its a big difference in stating things that are important to the matters at hand and just trying to stir things up. Some people just talk junk.
I_need_news10

Monroe, LA

#41 Jan 20, 2012
Did Eliott Colvin ever get sworn in? What was the hold-up? Did the payraise go through? Yes, I agree with some people on here-we need to pay attention & show up at the PJ meetings and let our concerns be known! When are the PJ meetings?

Yes, I have been on goosehollow, myers & mitchener roads PLUS jefferies road, allie silk road, eubanks, self road, among others. These all have the North/NORTHEAST part of Richland parish in common! I assume that Mr. Lofton is the juror for this area. The residents of that area, along with the residents who travel through there, should get together, provide their requests in writing---meet with the PJ and get their response and/or action. If that doesn't work--perhaps an investigative reporter should be called!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mangham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Business Coming to town Wed JustHere 2
Police Juror Speck Graham Apr 19 InTheKnow 3
Donnie Thrash (Dec '08) Apr 17 msdt 19
News Roosters dance club burns down (Dec '08) Apr 15 R Drach 38
Start Music Thread (Sep '13) Apr 7 Musikologist 10
mumbai gay (Feb '15) Mar '16 ali baba 34
Rayville Homicide (Oct '15) Oct '15 slam 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mangham Mortgages