Deaths of Margaret Coon & Lynn Nunez

Posted in the Mandeville Forum

Cov Born

Abita Springs, LA

#1 Jun 14, 2007
The Deaths of Margaret Coon and Lynn Nunez. The public wants to know who killed these two 22nd Judicial employees. Both open murder cases in the State of Louisiana. One over 20 years ago. Very strange circumstances. Presently under FBI review. Check out:

http://www.JudgeBradyFitzsimmons.com
Chatty Cat

United States

#2 Jun 20, 2007
I certainly hope that the FBI does a better job than the local officials did. Perhaps all this publicity will encourage them to re-open these cases.
never give up hope

Otis, LA

#3 Jul 17, 2007
The murder of Margaret Coon was never solved due to several things, a lot of them being incompentence, because people were afraid to step on rich toes and ask simple questions. People in authority were in shock and unable to deal with someone murdered they knew and considered one of their own. The fact that she was from a wealthy family hindered the investigation. The fact that one of their own was under investigation for fraud and malfeasonce in office probably hindered the process also. Miracles happen every day so never give up hope the killer will be caught and they surely will pay whether in this life or the next.
Never To Be Forgotton

Ville Platte, LA

#4 Oct 13, 2008
to: never give up hope. your statement is so true. Beau Chene Ass. was petrified Mr. Coon was going to sue. He would never do that. No one ever went to Margaret's work in New Orleans to speak with her secretary or anyone else at her job.
New Orleans born

Pennsville, NJ

#5 Feb 23, 2009
Who was this Margaret Coon? I want to read her bio: DOB, education, etc. Where can I find this on the Internet?
Rusty Burns

Mandeville, LA

#6 Jul 6, 2009
New Orleans born wrote:
Who was this Margaret Coon? I want to read her bio: DOB, education, etc. Where can I find this on the Internet?
Check out JudgeBradyFitzsimmons.com
Pamela Harris

Baton Rouge, LA

#7 Jan 2, 2013
Margaret and I were friends. We were in law school together. I have decided it is time to get to the bottom, or the top, of this.
nola

Covington, LA

#8 Nov 6, 2013
Pamela Harris wrote:
Margaret and I were friends. We were in law school together. I have decided it is time to get to the bottom, or the top, of this.
Pamela,
Have you discovered any updates on Margaret's case?
Sad that no one seems to be pursuing this cold case.
Sandra Davis

Monroe, LA

#9 Nov 6, 2013
I have followed this case since 1987, it will never be solved for several reasons. The sheriff's dept. botched the case from the beginning. Unless they found them in the last few years, they don't have her clothes nor any files left of the investigation. The person I think killed her died last year.
Coondog

Shreveport, LA

#10 Jan 24, 2014
Was checking out Unclaimed Funds for Louisiana under name "Coon" and found Margaret Coon with a lot of dividend funds unclaimed. Maybe her family needs to know this.
Tamie Coon

West Monroe, LA

#11 May 14, 2014
Pamela Harris wrote:
Is there any new information or investigation on this long unsolved murder case! This seems to be a misjustice. The evidence isn't in tact and shorty police work. This is an unsolved murder from what I have learned thru research it seems someone knows something. Fitzsimmons seems to be shady & the investigation of Nunez & Coon murders are similar. Any News would be appreciated to our family!
Tamie & Henson Coon
Tamie Coon

West Monroe, LA

#12 May 14, 2014
Sandra Davis wrote:
I have followed this case since 1987, it will never be solved for several reasons. The sheriff's dept. botched the case from the beginning. Unless they found them in the last few years, they don't have her clothes nor any files left of the investigation. The person I think killed her died last year.
This is our family member and would like to know who this person that died last year. Any information on our cousins death would be greatly appreciated. We need to get to bottom of this. Margaret Ann needs justice! Please.
Expatriot

Little Rock, AR

#13 Jul 22, 2014
Tamie Coon wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there any new information or investigation on this long unsolved murder case! This seems to be a misjustice. The evidence isn't in tact and shorty police work. This is an unsolved murder from what I have learned thru research it seems someone knows something. Fitzsimmons seems to be shady & the investigation of Nunez & Coon murders are similar. Any News would be appreciated to our family!
Tamie & Henson Coon
I remember this case. It was a shock. Margaret was a top notch attorney trying to work around the "good ole boy" club members....The sheriff was Cannulet I believe. Corruption wasn't hidden. Walter Reed was strong then (look what was recently revealed about his corruption) and there was a captain in the sheriff's office that did all the dirty work for Cannulet. this person's son is now serving a federal prison sentence for falsifying Army Corps of Engineer documents. This captain was also suspect in a man's disappearance that involved a JP officer (Mark Hebert) going to jail. Just a hoard of misfits and criminals with badges. When it first happened, as I remember, it was believed the trail began with Covington Law enforcement, Bigoted male attorneys, and Town Officials. Evidence was mishandled. There wasn't much effort with the DA's office to really pursue and catch the guy who murdered Margret. Cold case or not, It would be a great relief to solve this one. Not too many will admit to this, but it was always thought to be an "inside job" coming from the stink trail mention above. This case needs to be solved. However, I feel that it will raise more than just a few eyebrows. I believe it will show that the criminal who did this was deeply involved with Covington politics. Just my thoughts, then and now.
kfromla

Hammond, LA

#14 Jul 22, 2014
Just happened, out of sheer curiosity because I read a lot of true crime books, to be looking at some cold cases in LA recently on the Internet and came across this. As if this whole thing wasn't complex enough already, I discovered that one of the people (a man by the name of Rusty Burns) who tried to expose some of the allegedly corrupt officials involved in this case later allegedly "committed suicide." But I could not find anything further after the death of Mr. Burns. Very strange indeed, and what a shame that these 2 cases were never solved. Extremely sad.
JusticeNeeded

San Antonio, TX

#15 Friday Feb 13
Why hasn't the FBI come in on this? There are so many unanswered questions that the people at the Sheriff's office and former DA do know. For one, who was Margaret dating?? Was it Walter Reed? Rusty Burns says she was bi-sexual as well as the other ADA? What was going on and with who? Was there motive for murder. Is there a love triangle murder? It's mentioned she had a diary. Where is it and what did it reveal. Where are all the alibis of possible suspects for time of murder? Has anyone in prison offered anything as a confession?. Sandra Davis, have you called the FBI on what you suspect or know as far as the killer? Surely this smells bad and this lady deserves justice. This is such a miscarriage and silencing of justice. Makes me sick. So little information even now as in no old newspaper articles available and not one picture of this lady like trying to extinguish her memory entirely. Why???? Honor and respect her life and catch her killer or killers responsible.
Tamie Coon

United States

#16 Friday Feb 13
JusticeNeeded wrote:
Why hasn't the FBI come in on this? There are so many unanswered questions that the people at the Sheriff's office and former DA do know. For one, who was Margaret dating?? Was it Walter Reed? Rusty Burns says she was bi-sexual as well as the other ADA? What was going on and with who? Was there motive for murder. Is there a love triangle murder? It's mentioned she had a diary. Where is it and what did it reveal. Where are all the alibis of possible suspects for time of murder? Has anyone in prison offered anything as a confession?. Sandra Davis, have you called the FBI on what you suspect or know as far as the killer? Surely this smells bad and this lady deserves justice. This is such a miscarriage and silencing of justice. Makes me sick. So little information even now as in no old newspaper articles available and not one picture of this lady like trying to extinguish her memory entirely. Why???? Honor and respect her life and catch her killer or killers responsible.
I AGREE we have been trying for someone to help our family get the justice Margaret Ann deserved, 28 yrs ago next week. It's a shame that the people that mo So much won't help put a murder away. Her father died ...never knowing, everyday after her death he anguished over the incompetent sheriff's office. That has Accidently lost critical evidence. Where's the diary ? You ask? Ask sheriff's office...they don't know ...because it was Lost in their custody. Along with most of her file. I. Along with many other items that might contain dna.. strange coincidence. Including Margaret Ann's jogging suit... we are currently trying to get a cold justice or other cold case unit somewhere to SERIOUSLY look into her death. She deserves that. Everyone Does!
JusticeNeeded

San Antonio, TX

#17 Friday Feb 20
Tamie Coon wrote:
<quoted text>
I AGREE we have been trying for someone to help our family get the justice Margaret Ann deserved, 28 yrs ago next week. It's a shame that the people that mo So much won't help put a murder away. Her father died ...never knowing, everyday after her death he anguished over the incompetent sheriff's office. That has Accidently lost critical evidence. Where's the diary ? You ask? Ask sheriff's office...they don't know ...because it was Lost in their custody. Along with most of her file. I. Along with many other items that might contain dna.. strange coincidence. Including Margaret Ann's jogging suit... we are currently trying to get a cold justice or other cold case unit somewhere to SERIOUSLY look into her death. She deserves that. Everyone Does!
There should have been an Evidence Log. Surely there is a list of who worked on the case, who handled the boxes of evidence. I would start looking there for the individuals who have the missing evidence and what the diary contained. There was one detective that I know of who kept gorey murder scene pictures at his home. Maybe it is there amongst his things. Or another collector detective or person of interest. This whole thing smells of cover up. I wish the TV show Cold Case could come in but then they are supposed to help local officials and I am afraid it is or may be the local officials doing the cover up and evading the complete investigation.
Tamie Coon

United States

#18 Friday Feb 20
JusticeNeeded wrote:
<quoted text>
There should have been an Evidence Log. Surely there is a list of who worked on the case, who handled the boxes of evidence. I would start looking there for the individuals who have the missing evidence and what the diary contained. There was one detective that I know of who kept gorey murder scene pictures at his home. Maybe it is there amongst his things. Or another collector detective or person of interest. This whole thing smells of cover up. I wish the TV show Cold Case could come in but then they are supposed to help local officials and I am afraid it is or may be the local officials doing the cover up and evading the complete investigation.
I agree wholeheartedly Justice needed. We contacted several agencies that are similar to Cold Justice. We were informed that in order to get their review board you have to have The Police and FBI whomever has the case files, contact the cold case unit with records and evidence. Im sure that would not be welcomed & if the ...said agencies already clearly botched investigation. So we are stuck. Bc the powers that be...are crooked! I know someone knows. It's a shame to our family. Margaret Ann's dad was devastated & his only child was murdered and he did hire a private investigator. I wonder whom that may have been? SO many weird things. The supposed suicide of Rusty. We are in contact with a "local" investigator. And he's been in contact with someone that knows something and of the corruption that took place in Lynne and Margaret Ann murder cases. She was silenced. And such a tragedy. Please update any new information as we live In NE La. Thank you...
JusticeNeeded

San Antonio, TX

#19 Friday Feb 20
Tamie Coon wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree wholeheartedly Justice needed. We contacted several agencies that are similar to Cold Justice. We were informed that in order to get their review board you have to have The Police and FBI whomever has the case files, contact the cold case unit with records and evidence. Im sure that would not be welcomed & if the ...said agencies already clearly botched investigation. So we are stuck. Bc the powers that be...are crooked! I know someone knows. It's a shame to our family. Margaret Ann's dad was devastated & his only child was murdered and he did hire a private investigator. I wonder whom that may have been? SO many weird things. The supposed suicide of Rusty. We are in contact with a "local" investigator. And he's been in contact with someone that knows something and of the corruption that took place in Lynne and Margaret Ann murder cases. She was silenced. And such a tragedy. Please update any new information as we live In NE La. Thank you...
I knew Rusty. He had his own issues and I do think he did take his life. You need to get info now from his widow. She would know. Rusty left a suicide letter. In any event, his widow will know everything that he knew.
JusticeNeeded

San Antonio, TX

#20 Friday Feb 20
JusticeNeeded wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew Rusty. He had his own issues and I do think he did take his life. You need to get info now from his widow. She would know. Rusty left a suicide letter. In any event, his widow will know everything that he knew.
Margaret was well liked. Why not repost her picture in the papers locally on the front page with a caption ie "Do you know who murdered me??? With a write up on re-investigating the case. Who knows who will come forward anonymously if given a chance opportunity to call or write now that the fear of Walter Reed is gone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mandeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Mandeville, LA (Aug '10) Feb 27 jimmiesmith435 35
Covington police give drivers $100 bills instea... Dec '14 Smeefy 1
Louisiana National Guard welcomes new command s... Dec '14 NCO_A 1
latest plan Dec '14 havemercy 4
Albums Springs Sonic- cute brunette with glasse... Nov '14 Curious 2
Looking for weed in mandeville la Nov '14 xpz350 1
Some Band Called LA Wanted? Oct '14 Covington1 2

Flood Warning for St Tammany Parish was issued at March 03 at 10:29AM CST

Mandeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mandeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:34 pm PST

Bleacher Report 6:34PM
Texans Cutting Andre Is Unpleasant but Best for Both Sides
ESPN 6:55 PM
Sources: Texans let WR Johnson seek trade
NBC Sports 8:45 PM
Sean Payton: Saints "want to keep" Mark Ingram
NBC Sports11:06 PM
Andre Johnson not happy with idea of reduced role in Houston, still feels he's a starter
NFL 5:33 AM
Saints' Sean Payton hopes to re-sign Mark Ingram