Deer dogs back as U.S. Forest Service withdraws ban for Kisatchie

Dec 4, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Town Talk

The U.S. Forest Service on Monday withdrew -- for now -- its proposed ban of using dogs to hunt deer on the federal forest lands of Kisatchie National Park in Louisiana.

Comments
1 - 20 of 51 Comments Last updated Dec 16, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Kevin Hagan

Leesville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

I think it is a great thing that the ban has been lifted for there are some people that grew up doing this and are very safe and courtious of others and there are some bad, but that is the case in everything in the world today. As for me i am very thankful to have because I want my kids to see the things that their ancestors enjoyed and the way of life they had.
Bret Thompson

Hammond, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

These folks are trying to do away with dog hunters in la and ms. Finally the dog hunters get a win hopefully Mississippi will take notice and quit the circus they have going on in the hnf Mississippi.
National Forest Resident

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

I just bought a brand new case of .22 bullets for those dogs! They should have just left it alone.....nobody wants to be sitting in a deer stand on private property and have all their deer ran off by slob hunters speeding up and down the roads trying to find the best way to trespass or shoot across my property! I'm sick and tired of it! I will leave the tracking collars on the fence!
poet

Leesville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

National Forest Resident wrote:
I just bought a brand new case of .22 bullets for those dogs! They should have just left it alone.....nobody wants to be sitting in a deer stand on private property and have all their deer ran off by slob hunters speeding up and down the roads trying to find the best way to trespass or shoot across my property! I'm sick and tired of it! I will leave the tracking collars on the fence!
Why take it out on the dogs you dumb F###. I catch you shooting my dog and the knot I'm going to tie in your ass is going to take you and your friend a week to untie.
I agree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

I agree with you!! We still hunter put out corn. Invest time in money on food plots., for others to run their dogs and kill deer we been feeding, NOT TO MENTION!!! All the hunters driving like wild race car drivers. Trying to head off the dogs and shoot at running deer!! Atv's. all over the parish roads. Like their( leagal) and have the right of way!!!
I agree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

also. I call the the law if I see a 4 wheeler on the public roads!!
I agree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

poet wrote:
<quoted text>
Why take it out on the dogs you dumb F###. I catch you shooting my dog and the knot I'm going to tie in your ass is going to take you and your friend a week to untie.
Have fun., just keep dogs off other ppl land, you won't even he a collar. Back from me!!! I"ll give your dog to the chiniese ppl. Down the road, lol. Dog , deer. It's the same to them!!!
Agree also

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

all pretty interesting
National Forest Resident

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

poet wrote:
<quoted text>Why take it out on the dogs you dumb F###. I catch you shooting my dog and the knot I'm going to tie in your ass is going to take you and your friend a week to untie.
Just remember, u were warned. Simple as that, the POSTED signs around my place are not there just for people. So either teach ur mutts how to read or keep them off my land!!
Billyjoebob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Why dont you hicks learn how to realy hunt with out dogs finding the deer for you? You go out and kill a deer, strap it on your hood, prance it all around for all to see like you did something. Hell the dog deserves all the credit, not you. Not to mention lost dogs. I wont go there.
DoAway With Dog Hunting

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Yea, we will get to see them bad dog hunters running up and down the road in dem 4 wheel drive Toyota pickem up trucks with a dog cage and beer cooler staped on top of de cage. Redneck Hillybilly images. Riding around trying to find a mud hole so they can splatter mud around and tear up the roads and ditches. Sure takes a lot to amuse some folk. All the doe deer and fawns better go in hiding. All is game for dem sportsmen dog hunters when de dog crosses the road. Better put on your body armor when you go arond de curve cause bullets will be flying from shooting down the road at the doe deer. Better enjoy boys, this is your last year. Don't matter anyway, Obama gonna take you guns away.
DoAway With Dog Hunting

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Oh i forgot, you dog Hunter Sportsmen group who gets out there before daylight slipping down the roads marking and stomping out deer tracks before the others get out. Then you try to kill every deer in the woods and then compain there is no deer. Real hunters with a low I-Q i would say. Then you ask why are they are trying to ban deer hunting with dogs on Kisatchie. Here goes another $5000.00 to the ban dog hunting on Kisatchie for 2013-2014. we will make it this time.
Rudolph the Reindeer

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Yeah! Let them dogs chase cats instead of Bambis.
Dogs will run a deer for an hour or more before it gives up. The taste of the venison after such a run is so bad ya might as well eat the hide.
I say let's hunt the dogs. The Asian restaurants need the meat. Drive your $50,000 4X4 with 30 in. gumbo mudders up to Panda Buffet with a dog tied to the hood.
Deer hunting is nothing more than a macho contest.
"Mine's bigger'n yours".
I say eat more chicken!!! They're a whole lot easier to catch.
poet

Leesville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:
Yeah! Let them dogs chase cats instead of Bambis.
Dogs will run a deer for an hour or more before it gives up. The taste of the venison after such a run is so bad ya might as well eat the hide.
I say let's hunt the dogs. The Asian restaurants need the meat. Drive your $50,000 4X4 with 30 in. gumbo mudders up to Panda Buffet with a dog tied to the hood.
Deer hunting is nothing more than a macho contest.
"Mine's bigger'n yours".
I say eat more chicken!!! They're a whole lot easier to catch.
“National Forrest Resident,”“I Agree” and ",Rudolph the Raindeer"
First I want to make mention of the racist/bigot statement made by “I agree” where he stated in post #8.“Have fun., just keep dogs off other ppl land, you won't even he a collar. Back from me!!! I"ll give your dog to the chiniese ppl. Down the road, lol. Dog , deer. It's the same to them!!!
Really Dude, are you actually that stupid? Do you really think Chinese people eat dogs?
For the last year(s) I have listened to you so called “Kisatchie Residents” whine and cry about deer hunting with dogs. Hunting with dogs has been going on since the days of cavemen. You cry because a few hunters want to use the Kisatchie Forrest for a few days, to hunt the way they want to hunt, and not the way you want them to hunt. Now listen up, I know most of you so called “Kisatchie Residents” and you have been hunting/trapping in the Kisatchie Forrest for years. Let me point out a few things to you before you get all “high and mighty.” For years you have hunted/trapped/fished, etc., during hunting season and out of hunting season. You have taken deer, quail, dove, fish, turkey and wild hogs both legally and Illegal. You have hunted over illegal food plots and have set illegal traps. Just because you live within the Kisatchie National Forrest does not give you the right to break every hunting regulation on the books. Most of you so called “Kisatchie Residents” are a disgrace to the real/legal sportsman who follows the hunting laws. Now let the dog hunters hunt “legally” with their dogs and shut the F### up. Like I said earlier, I will have no problem snatching a knot in your ass if you shoot one of my dogs.
Rudolph the Reindeer

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Quote from poet: "Do you really think Chinese people eat dogs?"

Matter of fact I do.
You oughta get out of the woods sometime and see the real world. Cats and dogs are a staple food in Asia.
Save the deer, eat the dogs!
sweetleaf

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

yea POET, i bet your also one of those HICKS that puts a baby pig in a pen no bigger than his body will fit, and build it bigger as he gets bigger. never letting him move or walk or run. just so he will fatten up for you. i know this happens in pitkin, ive seen it.
No Lie

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

sweetleaf wrote:
yea POET, i bet your also one of those HICKS that puts a baby pig in a pen no bigger than his body will fit, and build it bigger as he gets bigger. never letting him move or walk or run. just so he will fatten up for you. i know this happens in pitkin, ive seen it.
So! What's the problem?You're going to eat the damm pig anyhow.
Humane Society Member

Cottonport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

What is the sport from chasing a deer with a pack of hounds? Then when the deer gets by the first round of shooters you see a truck drive up and they say let's dog it. Out goes another pack of hounds. Poor deer does not have a fighting chance. Then when the deer is finally killed the meat is tuff as boot leather. Then the other poor site to see is a lot of the hounds are so poor until they wooble if the wind is blowing. If you are going to shut them up for 356 days of the year to hunt them 9 days out of the year, you still have to feed them. Not to mention those prize hounds being shot because they do not perform as they should or maybe gets off trail on a coyote or rabbitt. And the hound is sometimes left in the woods to starve to death.
poet

Leesville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

sweetleaf wrote:
Really Dude, I have no idea what you are talking about...
Humane Society Member

Cottonport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Why outlaw dogs on Kitsatchie? What is so different today compared to 30 years ago? Do you reckon the groups of outlaw dog hunters have poisoned the sport giving those dog hunters who do obey the law a bad name. Absolutely true. The same groups that run deer on Kisatchie starting in Oct. and other months out of the year. The same groups that are using the the reason to be out in the woods just before season opens with Hog/Deer dogs. "We are hog hunting" lining up the road with standers. Today you have hunting clubs and private land where running deer with dogs are not allowed. No one likes to spend $600.00 on club dues to have a pack of hounds come thru while you are still hunting on your stand. Are when the deer hounds are left in the woods over night roaming to invade the private lands and hunting clubs. Listen up folk, the time has come to give up the hunting deer with dogs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mandeville Discussions

Search the Mandeville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 12 hr Hold on there 2,639
False River boat parade back on for July 4 weekend Jul 8 Betty Fountain 10
Former officer wants Sabine murder charge quashed Jul 4 Pitiful 1
Review: Roy K Burns Jr LLC Attorney (Mar '10) Jul 3 john g r 10
Saints RB Khiry Robinson Takes Paintball to the... Jun 29 Charlie 1
Dr. Tom Drake Jun '14 Bobby 1
Charlie sinopoli (Nov '12) Jun '14 ally 15
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mandeville Jobs

•••