Five sentenced in armed robbery of gas station

Full story: Times-Picayune

Four men and a woman have admitted that they robbed a Mandeville-area gas station with handguns and a sawed-off shotgun last year.
Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Apr 20, 2011
Les

Columbus, OH

#1 Apr 20, 2011
The sentence is consider to be excessive. 35 years for armed robbery should be 15 years when there is no possiblity of parole is allowed.

35 years is fair sentence when the suspect has the possibility of early release via parole. The law should be changed that armed robbery will result in mandatory minimum sentence of seven year up to a term of 25 years for a single count. In the most aggravated cases, there would be a discharge of a firearm and significant body injury would occur which would merit a 25 year term.

Because the offenders are under the age of 21, their sentences would be reduced by three years to 12 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mandeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 5 hr polabo 3,053
State Police probe missing evidence charge by G... (Oct '12) Aug 13 Resident 1 72
Report: Central La. needs improved access to me... Aug 10 humanSpirit 1
moving to mandeville Aug 3 TJS 1
Wildlife, fisheries chief named Jul 31 Ditch Cricket 1
False River boat parade back on for July 4 weekend Jul '14 Betty Fountain 10
Former officer wants Sabine murder charge quashed Jul '14 Pitiful 1
•••
•••
•••

Mandeville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••