Jindal heads to Florida for another f...

Jindal heads to Florida for another fund-raiser

There are 12 comments on the News-Star story from Apr 9, 2009, titled Jindal heads to Florida for another fund-raiser. In it, News-Star reports that:

BATON ROUGE - Gov. Bobby Jindal will finish off Easter week searching for the golden egg at another re-election fundraiser in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News-Star.

Registered Voter

Baton Rouge, LA

#1 Apr 10, 2009
You gotta be kidding me right? Again Piyuish you are off in another state fund raising and we need help? What state are you Gov for?
John Q Public

AOL

#2 Apr 10, 2009
Maybe he'll stay in Florida and reminice about his 'accomplishmnets'?

“La Grimasse!!”

Since: Mar 07

Ventress

#3 Apr 11, 2009
Or maybe he'll come back and make more great, pragmatic decisions that will wean more of the lazy off the state government tit
John Q Public

AOL

#4 Apr 11, 2009
Islandude wrote:
Or maybe he'll come back and make more great, pragmatic decisions that will wean more of the lazy off the state government tit
How will he do that when state government roll have grown on his watch? And not the bottom of the pay scale either. Most of those hired on his watch earn more than $60,000/yr in higher education. He's saying one thing for his cult members and doing another when he sees no one is looking.

“La Grimasse!!”

Ventress

#5 Apr 11, 2009
Professors should earn more than 64G

Your lack of understanding this shows how little you understand about the way life works...

Do you want, let's say, the head of DOTD to make the same as a welder?

Granted, welding is important and a true craft, but running a multi-million-dollar department is a more responsible position and should be compensated as such.

So, take your whiney drabble elsewhere...the man is doing the best job he can and is the best governor we've had in a loooong time.

He has brought more positive change to this state than all the other governors combined...perhaps you want EWE back?

Care to let him rape the state more?

Want Blanco back so she can cry on TV or pray for a hurricane to dissipate or bumble her way through an emergency?

Give me a break
John Q Public

AOL

#6 Apr 12, 2009
Islandude wrote:
Professors should earn more than 64G
Your lack of understanding this shows how little you understand about the way life works...
Do you want, let's say, the head of DOTD to make the same as a welder?
Granted, welding is important and a true craft, but running a multi-million-dollar department is a more responsible position and should be compensated as such.
So, take your whiney drabble elsewhere...the man is doing the best job he can and is the best governor we've had in a loooong time.
He has brought more positive change to this state than all the other governors combined...perhaps you want EWE back?
Care to let him rape the state more?
Want Blanco back so she can cry on TV or pray for a hurricane to dissipate or bumble her way through an emergency?
Give me a break
Piyush is a republican sponsored fool. His lack of immagination, rhetoric against the least fortunate amoung us, and lack of signifigant accomplishment is his trademark. Let's talk ethics and open government. The alleged ethics change falls short of reality. A great law that cannot be enforced. A compromise, I am sure. An open book about all the states departments EXCEPT HIS. No, Piyush "Billion dollar slush fund Bobby" Jindal is just another Louisiana Politician with cult members who fantasize about an election race against an old woman. WAKE UP! ITS 2009 !! There is a depression on in the US and its coming here. The state had over $1.3 trillion in budget surplus. It's in a slush fund operated by Jindal. The coast is erroding fast and Jindal is ignoring it. The poor and unemployed are in desperate need. Piyush fills high brow positions, increases the state employees and then bitches about it. We ahve a non resident govenor raising cash out of state. That means there is not enough support for his meger accomplishments to finance his political career in state. If he continues on this path, and I think he will, he will be another one-term-wonder.

“La Grimasse!!”

Ventress

#7 Apr 12, 2009
Dude, the coast has been eroding for a loooong time....where have you been?

During the 1980s, when the oil field ran away, it went into high gear. I can send you some pics of my old camp that once was well on the marsh but now is just pilings in open water.

Also, if you would remember, Jindal did not beat Blanco, he merely scared her out of running again because she would have been terribly embarassed.

You name-calling is an attempt to belittle the man and it shows your ignorance and hate. You sound like one of the fat DOTD workers that used to make 40G a year putting black-top in pot holes

The 1.3 billion dollar budget surplus was gained because crude prices were far above the price the state had budgeted for...now, we have a deficit because the price is well below what they budgeted for. The surplus is not in a slush fund, most of it is being used to resurface roads...I don't know where you drive but almost 50% of the non-interstate roads I take to work every day are being fixed using state surplus funds only.

As for filling high-brow positions...an instructor at LSU may seem high-brow to some, but they are really filling a need and doing what needs to be done to make our colleges better. You have to have leaders and educators of you want to move move the state forward.

Having 4 pay clerks per DOTD district is wasteful (yes, there are that many), spending 115G per year per juvenile criminal is wasteful. The state is one of my customers and boy, do I wish they would put out the money that they used to under Foster and Blanco but the fact is that state jobs and services have been used as vote-getters for generations and we now have a fiscal conservative in office who needs to and will pare down what Louisiana spends.

He is free to roam wherever he wants to collect whatever money he can get as long as he doesn't do it when the legislature is in session, when he has to be there. He will run for president in either 2012 or 2016 and needs the money to run...there is no shame in that, it is the American way nowadays.

He has no cult, he just has a group of dedicated followers and folks like me that believe he is doing the right things for the state.

It is the same with the Obama folks, some think he is doing right, others, like me believe he is pissing in the wind.

Have a great day and happy Easter.
John Q Public

AOL

#8 Apr 12, 2009
I worked in the oil patch for years. Unfortunately for Piyush, the point has been reached were a decision must be made TODAY. Piyush lacks the courage to repair the coastline. It is common in LA politics if a politician wants a higher position to do NOTHING that may rock the boat. Thus Piyush.
However the surplus came about it is in a slush fund controlled not by the Legislature but Piyush.
Blanco wisely did not run because she screwed up. She put her trust in an AG of the LANG who had not prepared for the worst possible. And she refused to call for a mandatory evacuation when it would have saved lives. Finally she was not on top of the rebuilding effort funding. The company contracted did a poor job. Those are the reasons she did not run. Fear of Piyush. An overeducated underachiever who distains the poor and unfortunate. Only in your propaganda.
Budgeting at a price twice what the world producers were using as a benchmark. Yeah, that takes "Rhodes Scholar" smarts. Did you help him to do that?
The slush fund is just that, a slush fund. A giant pool of money used to buy influence without appropriations from the legislative process under the control of a showy govenors office, blocked from transparency, as promised, by.....PIYUSH! Now that's ethics ya can take to da bank.
Piyush is his name. No slur at all. Now if he is ashamed of his heritage, and I believe that is the case, than he should resign and learn to appreciate his own culture, besides the money part.
Let me see, a higher education system that has more redundancy that a NASA retro rocker firing system. It is a classic reward system out side the for a politician. And not cheap rewards either. More ethics to a golden standard. HA HA.
A fiscal conservative. R-i-i-i-ght! Turn down moneys to help the least amoung us and the unemployed. THAT'S BEING A CONSERVATIVE!!! In six months he'll be crying to the feds to let him have the money because he screwed up the budget, again. Not to mention that $700 million that the HHS owes the feds. Yeah, a real conservative there. When the depression works its way down here Piyush will be stumbling again.
No political ambition to be president>> Uk, uk uk uk. A fool on national TV complaining about volcano motioring as wasteful. A backlash that could take the head off a brahma bull!
\
In the end he, Piyush is just Fosters blow boy. As more SE Louisiana land, jobs, money is lost maybe Piyush can come visit us and we can hear how anything is possible except to have the govenor give a damn about NOLA.
Islandude wrote:
Dude, the coast has been eroding for a loooong time....where have you been?
During the 1980s, when the oil field ran away, it went into high gear. I can send you some pics of my old camp that once was well on the marsh but now is just pilings in open water. Have a great day and happy Easter.
Wes Nestor

Saint Petersburg, FL

#9 Apr 12, 2009
My next door neighbor told me she would crawl over one mile of sharp carpet nails on her hands and knees just to hear Governor Bobby Jindal fart over a short wave radio.
John Q Public

AOL

#10 Apr 12, 2009
Wes Nestor wrote:
My next door neighbor told me she would crawl over one mile of sharp carpet nails on her hands and knees just to hear Governor Bobby Jindal fart over a short wave radio.
Cult members. Ya gotta love 'em. Only thing more loyal is a rock stars 'ho.

“La Grimasse!!”

Ventress

#11 Apr 13, 2009
Using his name in the context you do and calling him "million-dollar, blah blah" is what I was referring to....

He will run for president, not a big deal, he'll do no better or worse than any of the others...probably better, definitely better than what we have now...

He denies wanting to run because, like the rest, if he says something he'll be the automatic focus of the smear campaigns....it is part of politics.
As far as the coast goes, the decision of acting and how to act should have been made 20 years ago...we need to rebuild the islands...isles denieres, timbalier, grand terre and all the rest of small islands...we need to push water down Bayou Lafourche from the Mississippi and we need to pipe water into the Terrebonne marshes...It won't happen though, it isn't a Jindal thing, it is a politician's thing

As far as budgeting, Louisiana has used the crude price for years to determine how much money should come in. Last year it was a safe bet...they all thought the price of oil would remain well above the $100 mark and thanks to the recession, it struggles to stay at $50. I think they budgeted for around $85.

He didn't take that portion of the "stimulus" money because it would cause us to change our laws...and screw us all when we come out of this downturn....folks who don't run a business have no clue what increases in taxes do...if employers have to pick up extra costs for unemployment, they'll hire less folks. That is not a myth, I know if I have to pay more in taxes or fees, I'm not going to hire as many people back...I am in business to make money, not to further social causes.

Blanco trusted Landreneau??? He is a joke, always was a joke and always will be a joke....His #2, Dabadie, cowered in the superdome through the whole storm...They let Nagin have a go at running New Orleans...she deserved getting run off like that, she let others take the risk and blame...she is not a leader, never was

Before you keep bashing Jindal, think of what else we could have...Mitch?
John Q Public

AOL

#12 Apr 13, 2009
Responses:
He will run for president, not a big deal, he'll do no better or worse than any of the others...probably better, definitely better than what we have now...
Piyush is and will be distracted more and more. He made promises as a Rep not to use the office as a steping stone. BAM!! Stepping stone. Doesn't want to run for pres, no plans to do so. BAM! He will and another untruth. Smear canpaigns. Poop! That fiasco over the SOU he made will keep any smear down. He's his worst enemy with his foolish ideas. He smears himself.

As far as the coast goes, the decision of acting and how to act should have been made 20 years ago...we need to rebuild the islands...

Everybody knows that. And he is doing no better. Time has run out for politics. Piyush does not have the testicles to save SE Louisiana from distruction. Therefore, he should resign, Landrieu or no.

He didn't take that portion of the "stimulus" money because it would cause us to change our laws...

BS!! The law can be made to fade out with the fading of the stimulus money. No, ain't buying that tax BS. The depression is coming. Workers are being laid off and wages are falling in construction because of illegal immigrants. The Katrina halo is fadding. The stimulus unemployment and medicare money is necessary now, today all over the state.

As far as budgeting, Louisiana has used the crude price for years to determine how much money should come in.

Du-u-u-h! Jindal used unrealistic numbers. The OPEC countries, a group that controls most oil production, member countries were using average $50 per barrell. Arrogant of Piyush to think he knew better and did not use conservative fiscal policy. I contend he used unrealistic number as a gamble to use the surplus' for his own political advantage, pay back like he did on the Morganza leaky levee (an abortion of design potential failures).

I see failure in Jindal, alot of hype and deminished accomplishment. He is a republican failure waiting for a national campaign.

I didn't vote for Obama. But I support him because his legislation to end this depression is straight out of FDR New Deal. It's likelyhood of sucess is more than 90%,(my estimate) based on the reactions of the many world nations to the Great Depression of 1929. Contrary to republican rhetoric, a country did use deficit spending to rebound from the depression quickly, Japan in 1929. By quickly using deficit spending that nation came out of its depression solidly in 1931, two years. Obama has moved swiftly and strongly in so many areas republicans have a hard time figuring out what to try to obstruct. His recent sucess in Europe and with the pirates in Somalia has strengthened his hand.
Jindal can never compete with Obama's pace. This nation will come out of this depresion within 3 years, in time for the 2012 elections. There the republican party will effectively cease top exist on the national level. Even the tratiorous call for overthrow and armed rebellion by Minn Rep Michelle Baumbeck are falling on deft ears through the nation.

As for social causes, that Bill Gates is putting your values to shame. Are you going to tell me he is not a businessman? Or is it only small businessmen taking vacations 4 or 5 times a year to Vale, Key West, Jamaica, St Martin' and New York, unable to buy medical benefits for employees? Seems more like a case of gross selfishness than prudent economic policy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mandeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Massage Envy Mandeville (Oct '12) Aug 12 Hatethenorthshore 2
News Santorum, Gingrich tote Etch A Sketch toys (Mar '12) Aug 6 Clever Obama 39
:o a t z Aug 2 2005 A T Z 1
Joe Kane (Mar '16) Jul 29 Crabbers 6
Warren Anthony (Jan '10) Jul '17 friend 2
News St. Tammany convicts 79 percent of felony crime... Apr '17 THATSME 1
Review: Neurological Rehabilitation Living Cent... (Nov '13) Mar '17 RLatch 4

Mandeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance