Shots fired, officer down

Sep 19, 2007 Full story: Bogalusa Daily News 131

“He's always been dedicated to his job”

FPD patrolman, suspect exchange gunfire and pepper spray at point-blank range By Jacob Brooks The Daily News FRANKLINTON - As a Franklinton police officer pepper-sprayed a fleeing suspect late Monday night, he ... via Bogalusa Daily News

Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Unknown

New Orleans, LA

#1 Sep 19, 2007
I think that this was a racial issue and the policeman that was injured in the fire also is known for harrasing blacks in the community and I also beleive that most officals take their job to serious.
BS flag

Houston, TX

#2 Sep 20, 2007
B.S. this was a Crime issue, a Drug issue, a concealed weapon, gun carrying attempted murder issue
Policeman was not injured" he did'nt fall down and skin his knee.
He was shot and has sustained life threatening wounds by a fleeing career criminal resisting arrest who was already on probation for felony charges.
I hope they give the criminal a swift and fair trial and a one way ticket to death row.
However there are a few thousand people up in Jena right now playinga race card I'm sure you can interest them in this one to.
uknowho

United States

#3 Sep 20, 2007
if it was a black man it was racial. you know they can do no wrong. just look at the city of new orleans where the people of color roam in peaceful co-existance with one another. No crime to speak of except all those white officers trying to railroad and make up charges. Ask any mother in new orleans whose son is a murder suspect and she'll tell you "he dint do nothin,he a good boy."
Jean

Barnesville, OH

#4 Sep 23, 2007
If you think I am being racial, so be it. But what that boy needs and should have had, was his @#$ beat until he begged for mercy when he was younger. I know a good child can get in lots of trouble when they get older. My point is.. He has been in so much trouble before, why is he still out causing more trouble. Keep his !@$ behind bars and things like this wouldn't be going on. I say lock him up or tie the no count to a tree and let the buzzards eat him!!!
Get Over It

Hammond, LA

#5 Sep 23, 2007
This is pretty amazing when someone gets shot protecting the community that he SWORE to protect and all you can find to b!tch about is race. That was so 400 hundred years ago... when are you going to grow up?
That projectile (a.k.a. bullet) which came out of that weapon in which was in the black man's hand wasn't fired by "WHITEY"! So where is the race issue there? I'll tell you point blank... aim a weapon at me ya better leave me dead... no 911 tape, witness or anything else in this world would've kept me from smoking his a$$! BLACK OR WHITE! Shoot at me, prepare to catch lead!
Officer James... you did your thing man and I appreciate it! I wish I was there for you in your time of need. Stay strong and keep your head on a swivel... don't get discouraged by the un-intelligent ones who would like to believe that this issue is due to "race". Little do they know us Law Enforcemt are the minority but we aren't going away!
unknown

Mandeville, LA

#6 Sep 27, 2007
probley the reason that you think the police profile the blacks is because white people don't stand on the corners selling drugs in the middle of the day or night. if you don' believe me go look for yourself and tell me how many white's you see standing on the corner's...... blacks present themselves as easy target's......in white neighbor hoods you dont here them yelling popo and see all kinds of signs to let others know your in the area ...its the way blacks act that brings all the heat down on them dont get me wrong theres white ppl that are trash too but you just dont see them on the street as much as you do blacks .
THE MAN

United States

#7 Sep 29, 2007
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT "NIGALOOS" TO DO? THEY CANT DRIVE TO A JOB. THEY CANNOT WORK ANY JOB THAT REQUIRES THOUGHT. IF THEY DEAL DRUGS THEIR SUPPLIER TELLS THEM HOW MUCH THEY OWE, NO MATH THERE.

NIGALOOS HAVE NO LANGUAGE SKILL,NO MATH SKILLS AND NO SCIENCE SKILLS. WAKE UP WHITE PEOLPLE.
Theresa

Derry, NH

#8 Oct 9, 2007
Wow... such ignorance. I'm ashamed to say that I have Southern blood running through my veins. At least I'm smart enough to stay away from the bigots.

"Nigaloos" well, bless your heart, isn't that just adorable!!!
franklinton native

Mandeville, LA

#9 Oct 9, 2007
Theresa wrote:
Wow... such ignorance. I'm ashamed to say that I have Southern blood running through my veins. At least I'm smart enough to stay away from the bigots.
"Nigaloos" well, bless your heart, isn't that just adorable!!!
Well, you should have know that it was going to become a racial issue..Isn't that the way the blacks always put it out to be...But they are never racist towards whites now are they? To bad Harry Lee isn't around for this one huh? I think Craig James did an excellent job and i think the guy should get his a$$ handed to him and go straight to death row...But have a slow painful death..That's the way it should go..And for all the family of the shooter...well all i can say is "HE WOULD NOT BE IN THE CELL HE IS IN NOW IF HE WOULDN'T HAVE SHOT A DEPUTY BLACK OR WHITE ONE..." So if you ask me he deserves what he gets..He is lucky that's just the beginning of what is left to come...Good Job Craig..Hope You Are Doing Better...
happy

Mansfield, LA

#10 Oct 9, 2007
I'm so glad they are investigating that police dept. It's long over due.
Hodge Stannson

Gainesville, FL

#11 Oct 9, 2007
You're all idiots; blacks are not human.
Bogalusa

United States

#12 Oct 10, 2007
This is to Hodge, why would you say such a stupid thing like you did (blacks are not human) well exaclty how would you rate whites. The whole jail system is very much corrupt, anytime you can count on one hand how many blacks are actually working on the force, you guess it right, the whites win. It such a sad situation when you have to raise kids in this type of country where there is still racism. This bad thing that has happen to this guy that shot the deputy, I'm quite sure Washington Parish is headed in the direction of Jena 6.
Everybody is somebody

Meridian, MS

#13 Oct 10, 2007
No matter what a person has done he's still someone child. His parents still love him and for all the unkind words that are being said. We too have children and none are exempt from trouble. That still gives no one the right to abuse anyone no matter what the race. I tell you what though as long as there is a God eveyone will have there day. Just wait a little while it's coming. God has the last say in this world.
CASSANDRA SIMMONS

Tulsa, OK

#15 Oct 10, 2007
UR MAMMY WUZ SHIT CUZ SHE HAD AN ALIEN LIKE U.U CRACKAS AINT SHIT EITHER.YALL NEED 2 USE TIDE 2 GET DAT BUTTER SHIT OFF UR PANTS.WIT UR HAIR SMELLIN LIKE WET DOGS AN LICE CRAWLIN AROUND IN UR HEAD.GET OFF DA COMPUTER AN GO WASH DEM LICES OUT UR HEAD.BLACK PEOPLE IS SUMTHIN DATS Y HALF OF YALL CRACKAS WANNA BE BLACK.NOW TAKE DAT U DICK IN DA BOOTY ASS CRACKA
Stop Police Misconduct

Toomsuba, MS

#16 Oct 10, 2007
Come out to support our community!! A community meeting will be held on Thursday, October 18, 2007. In the park located on the corner of Alford Street & 15th Ave in Franklinton, LA.at 5:30pm -7:30pm. In honor of Kenneth McClain and others who have been victims of police brutality. SPREAD THE WORD IN YOUR TOWN UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL. LET'S GET RID OF RACISM ONCE AND FOR ALL. IT'S NOT ONLY HAPPENING TO THE BLACKS IT'S HAPPENING TO THE WHITES ALSO. COME OUT AND SUPPORT YOUR COMMUNITY. FLY IN, DRIVE IN, CAR POOL, ANY WAY YOU CAN GET THERE WE NEED YOUR HELP JUST LIKE YOU DID FOR JENA 6. HELP US HELP ONE ANOTHER.
On the Way

Bethpage, NY

#17 Oct 11, 2007
We will come in record numbers. Your support is here! This state must show the world that the south is not like it use to be. God is still in Charge. SPREAD THE WORD ALL OVER THE LAND AND LET'S COME TOGETHER AGAIN FOR OUR PEOPLE. DO THIS BECAUSE IT IS RIGHT. KEEP THE FAITH AND STAND FOR WHAT IS RIGHT.
franklinton native

Mandeville, LA

#18 Oct 11, 2007
This is to you Cassandra...Go figure you must be black huh? How would i have guessed you can't even spell...Our points exactly..We do not speak ebonics we speak english around here..Yeah lice may crawl in our heads because in that afro scheen you'll cake up in you'lls head nothing can hang on..It just slides right off...And just to let you know you make no sense just to let you know...And white are something...Smart educated people...And not to many smart white people want to be black...we have morals, respect and sense...
stand together

Hammond, LA

#19 Oct 11, 2007
I am so tired of all u blacks playing the race card, ya'll are the first to say that whites are raciest and are all against u, but ya'll have NO room to talk. Every chance u get you use it to ur advantage and get away with it, and i'm tired of it. I think it's time for all the whites to rally together and stop all these stupid Nigs form getting what they want by scaring people. I wish someone would call the KKK in to handel all this, not hurt them just show that he deserves what he gets and their is nothing they can do to get him out. I hope the courts stand firm and let his a$$ rot in jail!
stand together

Hammond, LA

#20 Oct 11, 2007
Stop Police Misconduct wrote:
Come out to support our community!! A community meeting will be held on Thursday, October 18, 2007. In the park located on the corner of Alford Street & 15th Ave in Franklinton, LA.at 5:30pm -7:30pm. In honor of Kenneth McClain and others who have been victims of police brutality. SPREAD THE WORD IN YOUR TOWN UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL. LET'S GET RID OF RACISM ONCE AND FOR ALL. IT'S NOT ONLY HAPPENING TO THE BLACKS IT'S HAPPENING TO THE WHITES ALSO. COME OUT AND SUPPORT YOUR COMMUNITY. FLY IN, DRIVE IN, CAR POOL, ANY WAY YOU CAN GET THERE WE NEED YOUR HELP JUST LIKE YOU DID FOR JENA 6. HELP US HELP ONE ANOTHER.
You can't get rid of racism once and for all when u have stupid people that only want to bring the topic up every time u turn around. You people are the reason the racism will NEVER go away. So do us all a favor and go back were u came from!
MISS FRANLINTON NATIVE

Bogalusa, LA

#21 Oct 11, 2007
franklinton native wrote:
This is to you Cassandra...Go figure you must be black huh? How would i have guessed you can't even spell...Our points exactly..We do not speak ebonics we speak english around here..Yeah lice may crawl in our heads because in that afro scheen you'll cake up in you'lls head nothing can hang on..It just slides right off...And just to let you know you make no sense just to let you know...And white are something...Smart educated people...And not to many smart white people want to be black...we have morals, respect and sense...
IT SEEMS TO ME THAT YOU WANT TO START A RACIAL ISSUE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mandeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Covington police give drivers $100 bills instea... Dec '14 Smeefy 1
Louisiana National Guard welcomes new command s... Dec '14 NCO_A 1
latest plan Dec '14 havemercy 4
Albums Springs Sonic- cute brunette with glasse... Nov '14 Curious 2
Looking for weed in mandeville la Nov '14 xpz350 1
Some Band Called LA Wanted? Oct '14 Covington1 2
Review: Roy K Burns Jr LLC Attorney (Mar '10) Oct '14 Covington1 20
Mandeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mandeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:41 pm PST

ESPN 3:41PM
Saints owner Benson being sued by family
NBC Sports 8:52 PM
Report: Texans D-line coach Bill Kollar to join Gary Kubiak in Denver
NBC Sports 3:41 AM
Mickey Loomis: Saints letting Junior Galette case run its course before taking any action
NBC Sports 5:04 AM
Saints players shocked by team's ownership squabble
NBC Sports 7:42 AM
Jimmy Graham: Pro Bowl will help dictate if he needs surgery