Mand. Soldier beaten severely NY by O...

Mand. Soldier beaten severely NY by Officers in Jail for defending himself

Posted in the Mandeville Forum

Tekepunch

New Orleans, LA

#1 Jun 24, 2010
There is corruption at Ft. Drum, NY in the ranks. There is a well liked, respectable, young soldier from Mandeville stationed there...a family man, who was severely beaten at a social function by several officers. He suffered multiple fractures on the skull causing migranes, double vision, memory loss, panic attacks and more for the last 6 months, and probably for the rest of his life. The assaulting officers were NEVER arrested. The assaulting officers were NEVER arrested. The soldier was beaten in a private location so it is their word against his, however there are witnesses to say that they didn't see the soldier do any of the things that the "officers" said that the soldier did. The soldier did defend himself when being brutally attacked, during which time, an officer was bitten. I would have bitten him too...wouldn't you? The soldier had faith in legal counsel and the Army and the justice system, however, he now sits in jail, lost income for his family, benefits, and faces discharge, not to mention this is on his record and the issues he has to deal with probably for the rest of his life mentally and physically because of this. What do the officers get? A good laugh? The soldier could not have done ANYTHING to deserve the documented beating he received. Even if he was acting disorderly, which he wasn't, even if he bit the officer first, which he didn't.....did he deserve to be beaten withing an inch of his life in a back room.....charged with assault...and his attackers set free? I ask you is this the Army or is this one of the country this soldier just came from defending and risking his life for where these things happen? Is this America anymore, where there is justice and freedom and rights? I thought "A few good men" was fiction, but now I see these things happen...
Has anybody encountered this in the Army? Does anybody have any suggestions or advice on dealing with his appeal? I am family to this soldier and I am furious. I will not be quiet about this. I waited for justice. It did not come. Now they will wait for me to bring justice to them.
Just Sayin

United States

#2 Jul 3, 2010
"There is a well liked, respectable, young soldier "
Prob not if multiple comrads green lighted him.........not sayin it was the right thing to do.....just sayin..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mandeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Warren Anthony (Jan '10) Jul 11 friend 2
Joe Kane (Mar '16) Jun '17 Where R U 5
News St. Tammany convicts 79 percent of felony crime... Apr '17 THATSME 1
Review: Neurological Rehabilitation Living Cent... (Nov '13) Mar '17 RLatch 4
News Santorum, Gingrich tote Etch A Sketch toys (Mar '12) Mar '17 Grecian Formula 16 38
Green Springs (Oct '16) Feb '17 Cordwainer Trout 3
Hwy 59 Hit and Run Feb '17 Still curious 1

Mandeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mandeville Mortgages