Wildfire burning near Mancos; blaze 1...

Wildfire burning near Mancos; blaze 100 acres and growing

There are 7 comments on the Cortez Journal News story from Jun 22, 2012, titled Wildfire burning near Mancos; blaze 100 acres and growing. In it, Cortez Journal News reports that:

A little more than two hours later, it was reported that the fast-moving blaze was up to 100 acres with zero containment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cortez Journal News.

Left AZ

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jun 22, 2012
Yep, the "Forest Circus" is alive and well, not implementing more stringent closures and probably some dummy with a cigarette out the window started this mess. Hopefully it will not mushroom into a half million acres like our wallow Fire did last summer!!! I feel for the evacuees- no time and probably poor information like we had...
Wife of a Firefighter

John Day, OR

#2 Jun 27, 2012
Left AZ wrote:
Yep, the "Forest Circus" is alive and well, not implementing more stringent closures and probably some dummy with a cigarette out the window started this mess. Hopefully it will not mushroom into a half million acres like our wallow Fire did last summer!!! I feel for the evacuees- no time and probably poor information like we had...
My husband works for the "Forest Circus" and he is out there risking his life trying to save yours, so even though they may be a "Circus" don't forget the workers who are on the ground.
No Smoking Sign

Fort Collins, CO

#3 Jun 27, 2012
Wife of a Firefighter wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband works for the "Forest Circus" and he is out there risking his life trying to save yours, so even though they may be a "Circus" don't forget the workers who are on the ground.
don't get your panties in a wad there, wifey. Lefty wasn't critizing your saintly husband, who is getting paid for his work, is he not? unlike many of the volunteer firefighters out there - just because. Lefty was just making a point about the stupidity of the origin of the fire and the lack of adequate information given to locals - which is a universal problem. I'm sure your husband is doing as good a job as he can - it is, after all, what he signed up for, right? why don't you send him here to Colorado, we can use all the help we can get.
No Smoking Sign

Fort Collins, CO

#4 Jun 27, 2012
*Colorado Springs, not Colorado - I know you're in Colorado
No Smoking Sign

Fort Collins, CO

#5 Jun 27, 2012
or are you in Oregon - either way - we need more help here - we got a real shi*storm going on. How many fires up there in oregon?
Wife of a Firefighter

John Day, OR

#6 Jun 27, 2012
No Smoking Sign wrote:
or are you in Oregon - either way - we need more help here - we got a real shi*storm going on. How many fires up there in oregon?
He is in Colorado, in Bayfield actually. It is slow here. Good luck with yours. Hopefully they all come home safe and sound.
Wife of a Firefighter

John Day, OR

#7 Jun 27, 2012
I was just referring to Left AZ's comment on the "Forest Circus." I know that the Forest Service has its problems, but blame that on the ones sitting behind the desk, not the ones on the ground. And yes he does get paid for his job, that God, but it doesn't mean we (I mean we in his family) don't worry about him and want him to come home safe. Now my paties are unwaded.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mancos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Durango Jukebox (Jul '12) May 24 Musikologist 17
News Christmas without Dylan (Dec '12) May 21 karma 3
Curious Apr '15 Curious 1
Review: Amorelli Plumbing (Oct '08) Mar '15 Wendy Martin 3
cant beleive this is free! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Merle Euton 1
News Fire guts Family Dollar (May '13) May '13 landin 1
News Goodman to come to Mancos (Sep '12) Sep '12 chinyere ojide 1
More from around the web

Mancos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE