Fake AAA Visa Travelers Cheques going...

Fake AAA Visa Travelers Cheques going around!

Posted in the Manchester Forum

First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Since: Apr 07

Manchester

#1 Apr 6, 2007
I received 6 $500.00 AAA Visa Travelers Cheques by UPS this past week. They came in the UPS envelope & in that envelope there was a brown envelope with my name, address, even my damn cell phone #. Inside that envelope were the checks. No letter, nothing explaining why I was receiving them!!!! So I got suspicious, took them to my bank,& asked them to make sure they were real or not. They were counterfeit, of course. The teller said if I had not said anything they would have deposited the checks because they were the best counterfeit checks she has ever seen. They were VERY good!!! This is an evil thing to do to people. I plan on spreading the word about this nonsense whether it does me any good or not. The name & address on my UPS package was
James Kangel
8162 Way St.
Houston,TX 77028
Thanks to everyone's input & good luck!
LaVonda

Baltimore, MD

#2 Apr 16, 2007
Jess213 wrote:
I received 6 $500.00 AAA Visa Travelers Cheques by UPS this past week. They came in the UPS envelope & in that envelope there was a brown envelope with my name, address, even my damn cell phone #. Inside that envelope were the checks. No letter, nothing explaining why I was receiving them!!!! So I got suspicious, took them to my bank,& asked them to make sure they were real or not. They were counterfeit, of course. The teller said if I had not said anything they would have deposited the checks because they were the best counterfeit checks she has ever seen. They were VERY good!!! This is an evil thing to do to people. I plan on spreading the word about this nonsense whether it does me any good or not. The name & address on my UPS package was
James Kangel
8162 Way St.
Houston,TX 77028
Thanks to everyone's input & good luck!
I have also recieved 10 $500 travelers cheques in the mail in a brown envelope and i to took them to the bank teller and she said they were good but for some reason i still am not buying i have had several people look it up for me and is waiting to see from someone that works for visa.
kim hill

Dalton, GA

#3 Apr 17, 2007
how do you know if they are real
Isabel

Inola, OK

#4 Apr 19, 2007
I received 8 $500 AAA Visa travelers cheques today fed ex in a white envelope. I didn't know what they were for and about 2 hours later i received a phone call on my cell phone from a Dr Henry Martin saying he emailed me information on what do with the cheques. I logged on and sure enough he had my email address to. He told me to cash them and keep 10% and western union the remaining amount to some gentlemen in china. The cheques are fake do not try to cash any of them, you will be responsible for paying it back.
jim New jersey

Pottstown, PA

#5 Apr 20, 2007
yo look i got 5 500 dollor ones in the mail from cali and they were all fake
Stepfanie

Green Bay, WI

#6 Apr 20, 2007
I received 5 $500 AAA Visa traverlers chequest on April 17 2007. I was supposed to keep 10% and send the rest via western Union. I took one of the checks to my bank who was supid and chashed it for me and I spent my 10% already the rest is in my Saving accoung. But today, come to find out I got another email from a different guy saying the same thing as the frist. I looked up on yahoo search about the checks and they told me they were fake. Now I have turned this in to my local police and they told me to contact my attoney Gerenal here in Nebraska. Also if you call the number for the fake checks they tell you to send then to their company and to the FBI they have an ongoing investigation. The number is 1-800-227-6811. Now I am responsible for paying that $250 that I spent.
George

Henderson, NV

#7 Apr 20, 2007
I recieved 6 travelers cheques today, and i am wondering why we should have to pay it back if we did not know? the person who sent it to us should have to pay it back all we were doing is cashiong them and sending them the rest..
Justme

Miami, FL

#8 Apr 21, 2007
you pay it back because u got the money
lol
anyway
i got some travelers checks in the myself and chose not to use them...i burnt them. This is the second time. I was in bmore one time and a friend of mine got 14 of them and they spent all 14 in a day. I advised them not to do it as I know they were fake. That was about 10 months ago. I can spot them easily. I work with the authorities in my home town on a lot of fraud. Credit cards, ids and now travelers checks. If you have any questions post your email...I can help you.
Israel Pineiro Jr

Antipolo, Philippines

#9 Apr 22, 2007
kim hill wrote:
how do you know if they are real
That is a very good question! Since the checks have the watermark and security holographic strip. The only way I know of is go to your local bank have them Call Visa International Refund Dept and the bank personnel and the Visa people can talk which are the other security features. I called visa because I received 4 $500 TC and she would not even tell me if they were real even if I gave the serial #.
colleen south webster oh

United States

#10 Apr 26, 2007
i recieved 10 of the travelers checks and i keep getting other checks i know that are no good and i would love to know who i can contact about them hink its pretty wrong that people can get by with doing this to other people and there isnt anything the authorities can do about it
pissed

United States

#11 Apr 28, 2007
I received 3500 dollars worth of these, the best way to tell from what I have found is that the small small printin the sideways V shape with a yellow border on the front of the bill says 50, not 500, and the last zero isnt quite dead on with the rest of the numbers, I have already sent the item paid for, that I spent about 2,000 building. so I am quite upset, and there is nothing to be done about it, its legal theft apparently. the really bad thing is, I needed the money to straighten out my own finances, and now I am worse off, because I dont have the handmade guitar to resell. Like the person receiving it can even begin to appreciate it. I think it is time for a revolution or reform about this matter. our government leaves us hanging! after all we have done for them.
Sue Adams

Glendenning, Australia

#12 May 4, 2007
l trusted a man called Enrique Gad Jimenez Celis from the USA. He sent me some AAA Travellers Checks to the value of $4500US. l cashed them at my bank and a day later was informed that the checks were fraudulent and l am liable to over $5000AUS. This man goes by the name of Henry. So please anyone do not listen to this man. l was so niave to believe all his lies. l am on a pension raising a child and will be in debt for over 4 years thanks to him. He has stopped communicating with me, which came of no surprise. l have learnt an expensive lesson.
Sue Adams

Glendenning, Australia

#13 May 4, 2007
I had sent the money to Henry via Western Union transfer before l was told they were fake, the travellers checks.
Sue Adams

Glendenning, Australia

#14 May 4, 2007
LaVonda wrote:
<quoted text> I have also recieved 10 $500 travelers cheques in the mail in a brown envelope and i to took them to the bank teller and she said they were good but for some reason i still am not buying i have had several people look it up for me and is waiting to see from someone that works for visa.
Sadly for me l was burnt by a person l knew for 6 months. l now have to pay the bank back over $5000 cause l already sent the money to him in Nigeria.
F Sanders

AOL

#15 May 4, 2007
I just received 6 $500 checks, delivered by UPS, with a letter of instructions to cash them and then western union the funds to Nigeria. The letter is signed from a Robert Green PH.D. I have called the fraud line, made copies and drop the package in the mail. Please be careful and lets help bring this to an end.
Liz Shaw

Flint, TX

#16 May 7, 2007
I have received the same email, but from a James Williams. I received $2500 in travelers checks today. The UPS packages actually came from a Karen Knowles in New Mexico. When I called the phone number on the package it was a university and they said they have received numerous calls for her, but there was no one there by that name. I'm glad I found this site before I tried to cash them. What should I do with them? Send them to Visa?
Don-t get mad get even

Newbury Park, CA

#17 May 8, 2007
I also received visa travelers checks. I knew and know from the start that this was a scam. Come on, figure it out, if they can send you the checks, i.e. money order, personal, travelers checks, then they can send you the money via paypal or western union.....send to YOU via Western Union...or their agent send to you WU!
I now tell them I can cash their checks fast, but I am short of funds and need their cash to establish credit with cashing places....I ask them to send me $$$$$ via Western Union and I will be able to cash large amounts of their checks, fast.
Lets see what they will do, I do not hold my breath though.
Remember they use local U.S. people to unknowingly help with their scams. They use real bank addresses and phones, They use real names at those banks with real signatures (laser printed).
It is easer to forge a money order or travelers check than U.S. currency.
Also they try to send money via PayPal or AlternatePay, or U.S. Postal money order VIA your email, telling you the funds will be released after you send the item.....B.S. use your logic, get paid first and wait 45 days for any checks to clear.......never assume that email checks are good....never give out any information other than your address if you want to scam back.
Good luck and keep the heads rolling.
Sir Even
They must be nuts

Santa Clarita, CA

#18 May 8, 2007
I recieved 5 $500 dollar bills that are from a company that was purchasing drill equipment. I was to cash the amout and take 10% of it and send the rest but I knew this was to easy to be true. They are full of something but I am going to go to the bank and have them check the checks. They look so real though. This is one of those things that you have to think about on a real world level, and this is one of them.
me too

Cape Coral, FL

#19 May 9, 2007
i received 6 $500 AAA travel cheques by ups today, addressed to me. i called every where to find out if they were real or not. i am taking them to the bank tomorrow. i have no idea who this person is that sent them to me. they came from scot jahn in ontario ca, but i called ups and the account that they were shipped from is peggy gilmore in gardena ca. i don't know what one would gain from sending these to me. i called aaa and they couldn't give me any information. this is crazy. no e-mails either...
Gordon

Biggera Waters, Australia

#20 May 9, 2007
I recieved 5 today, with the nigera forward address. I'm more worried that this fake cheque sceme is funding anti american anti women morons.

I'll deposit them and IF they're real, I might consider passing it forward. Though Visa Really needs to diseminate some of this BS how to tell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brittany S Sun Abcdefg 2
Muslims Mar 24 JohnsonLN 7
Coffee County Murders Mar 22 SallieMae 1
News Woodbury Fire Chief to offer resignation after ... (Jun '14) Mar 14 Jagsdeath 6
moving to tullahoma (May '10) Mar 14 anon 24
Seeking data-Lakewood Park-Beechgrove, TN (Feb '07) Mar 13 sherryr 230
Leslie Rhiannon Lowry Mar 13 Guest105 2

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages