Proposed changes would affect police

Proposed changes would affect police

There are 4 comments on the Evening Sun story from Mar 3, 2011, titled Proposed changes would affect police. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

An effort to balance out the number of cases handled by York County magisterial district courts might benefit Southwestern Regional Police, which no longer would have to split cases between two judges or make 30-mile round trips.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

what I think

Hanover, PA

#1 Mar 4, 2011
I really like Judge Shoemaker, he really listens to what people are saying. I do not think Judge Kim takes any time to really care. Being a business owner and having to go after people to get money they owe, I have found from past experience Judge Shoemaker is a more honest and fair person. Once I went to Judge Kim and he never stopped writing or looked up at me to even seem to care what we were in there to talk about. So if he is this busy now, how can he take more?
Confusing

Newville, PA

#3 Mar 4, 2011
This whole thing sounds like a lot of trouble, and confusing to people to figure out where they will need to be for district court. Just another reason why we would switch to an all county set up, instead of these boroughs, townships, etc. There would be one court house, a couple of judges, and less expense for the tax payers. I don't think it would create a loss of jobs, because of the size of our counties we would still need the amount of police officers we already have, they would all just be centralized in one location. It would also make it a lot easier for the police to do their jobs, and work together to solve crime. None of this it's Penn township, or South Western Regional, they would all just be York County cops. We need to start looking at our government realistically, and realize this old way of thinking is not working, or saving tax dollars. We really need to start changing things now, for the better of our state and nation for our children.
Crazyness

Hanover, PA

#4 Mar 4, 2011
I agree with "Confusing". PA has thousands of Townships, Boroughs,Villages..etc. Make a County police force and combine all the resources and it would certainly save money. I can only image the amount of vital intel and info that is lost because there are ten different jurisdictions operating in one area. Maryland has County Police Departments and/or County Sheriff's Offices that are responsible for the majority of the law enforcement and the State Police handle mainly the highways. There are several smaller municipal police departments in some Countys but the main policing is done by the County agencies and it's very effective. Each County has a District Court and a Circuit Court and it's a very smooth process. Ever try calling "911" in PA? After they figure out what Township or Borough you are in they then can send you help. The public safety workers in PA are excellent but they too are probably frusturated with the system.
AmazingGrace

Dallastown, PA

#5 Mar 4, 2011
Sounds like Beno should just allow Northern Regional to cover Spring Grove Borough. Then he won't have anything to complain about!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Valley View: Allentown's violent year Thu Phyllis 5
News Friends of Fawn Twp. homicide victim call abuse... (May '11) Nov 21 Joe dirt 24
Anyone know him? Nov 20 John 1
News Dallastown looks at full-day kindergarten (Nov '09) Nov 19 Singlemom 20
Review: Tony Sangiamo Law Office (Jul '12) Nov 17 soccerf15 3
News Learn about York's weird history Dec. 6 Nov 14 Jesus Latter Day ... 2
News What are those weird poles by the new hospital? Nov 10 Ex Senator Stillb... 5

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages