York City violence: Protesters are 'Sick and tired'

Dec 8, 2012 Full story: The York Daily Record

Richard Klinedinst, far left, talks with former York City Councilwoman Toni Smith, far right, as Councilwoman Carol Hill-Evans and Toni's husband Ed stand on the steps of the York City Police Department as part of a demonstration against recent city violence, on Saturday, Dec.

Full Story
concerned 101

York, PA

#1 Dec 10, 2012
The problem with the violence starts with this City alone! The Schools do not educate our children or put their education first in any way! They have shoved K-8th grade in one school and have my small children going to school and learning from much older children! Also there is nothing here focused on keeping these kids off the streets and showing them they can have hope! I grew up on this city and now first hand that you feel like there is no hope and it is what it is, it took me to be an adult and have children to understand I can be happy and grow and dont have to be the city kid! It starts with our Kids! York City needs to CARE MORE for the children and educate them better! Along with cracking down on neglectful parents that need some guidence as well!
ItTakesAparent

Mechanicsburg, PA

#2 Dec 10, 2012
It is NOT the responsibility of "the city" to raise our kids and teach them a work ethic and values. It's the PARENTS' responsibility.

Thanks to liberal democrats, too many Americans rely on government for income, insurance, and "parenting."

The welfare state is ruining our values. It's creating a legacy if laziness!
Scott

York, PA

#3 Dec 10, 2012
I agree with you completely about it is not the government's job to be a parent. In fact, the reason our society is the way it is now is the vocal minority cries the loudest and we keep on feeding them what they want.

Our once great country could rebound in less than 10 years if the hand outs would converted to help outs. Five year lifetime max on the public dole.

Mandatory birth control education and service for anyone taking a check, that way there isn't the continuing profiting with more babies.

Mandatory drug testing for all members of the household. Positive hit, so long! Drug testing includes checking on nicotine and alcohol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
York County man, 35, dies unexpectedly; family ... (Jan '11) 11 hr Greed 5
York councilman: Tax hike is better than servic... (Dec '10) 23 hr Adam Andrews 49
Former York County pastor hangs himself in W.Va... (May '11) Nov 18 dustbunnie 72
Taylor Swift is having more than a moment Nov 7 Butters 13
Johnny on the Spot,LLC., Barricade Fencing Rent... Nov 7 Gerald Vonberger 1
House for sale by owner Nov 7 walnut house 1
Photography exhibit highlights neighborhood heros Nov 7 paulflynn12 2
Manchester Dating
Find my Match

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Manchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Manchester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]