Proposed halfway house has its backers

Proposed halfway house has its backers

There are 20 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Mar 30, 2011, titled Proposed halfway house has its backers. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Following a five-year sentence in state prison for selling drugs, Mantilla found himself at a crossroads - he could seek out a low-paying job that would only begin to pay his bills or fall back on the easy money that landed him in jail in the first place.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

Another

Dover, PA

#1 Mar 30, 2011
Considering the fact that Crispus Attucks youth build graduates will comprise the vast majority of the "guests", I feel it is fitting they should operate the home. And people wonder why York City continues to degenerate! Perhaps because we keep pandering to the degenerates!
TiredofIt

York, PA

#2 Mar 31, 2011
Another liberal article crying the blues. This a true halfway house not a recovery home for alcohol and addicts.
Build more

Baltimore, MD

#3 Mar 31, 2011
Hey here's an idea for York. Keep building halfway houses and offer services to the scum of the earth. This way we can export the bad elements from Baltimore north and make Baltimore better. Meanwhile, we'll keep building an exciting, vibrant city here in Maryland and attract your best and brightest.
Mr Final Word

Stewartstown, PA

#4 Mar 31, 2011
HE SEEMS LIKE A VERY SENSIBLE AND SINCERE YOUNG MAN TO ME
Rachel C

Baltimore, MD

#5 Mar 31, 2011
Really thrilled this got approved. Halfway houses are a positive force that can help people re-build their lives into something productive.
whatup wit dat

York, PA

#6 Mar 31, 2011
[QUOTE who=[" Mr Final Word"] HE SEEMS LIKE A VERY SENSIBLE AND SINCERE YOUNG MAN TO ME[/QUOTE]
Yea, now if he would only start taking care of his kids maybe the schools can have a little more success.
Brandon Beatty

York, PA

#7 Mar 31, 2011
If your going to leave a comment at least leave your name first for build more u say we are the scum of the earth you must not have read the page.some people are trying to better themselves,but some people have to hate i understand,second to whatup wit dat i have my one son and my other son is well taken care of but focus on taking your energy for the good and leave your name next time keep hating you only fuel me more................
Lauren

York, PA

#8 Apr 18, 2011
Great article Brandon. I met you playing volleyball over the summer and saw this article and thought it was awesome! Great work buddy!
Sardina

Mount Laurel, NJ

#9 Apr 18, 2011
Shouldn't a halfway house be put in a neighborhood that wouldn't have such a bad influence on the excons? It seems like you taking a diabetic and putting him at the candy counter.
George

Washington, DC

#10 Apr 18, 2011
Brandon Beatty wrote:
If your going to leave a comment at least leave your name first for build more u say we are the scum of the earth you must not have read the page.some people are trying to better themselves,but some people have to hate i understand,second to whatup wit dat i have my one son and my other son is well taken care of but focus on taking your energy for the good and leave your name next time keep hating you only fuel me more..........
What???
George

Washington, DC

#11 Apr 18, 2011
Brandon Beatty wrote:
If your going to leave a comment at least leave your name first for build more u say we are the scum of the earth you must not have read the page.some people are trying to better themselves,but some people have to hate i understand,second to whatup wit dat i have my one son and my other son is well taken care of but focus on taking your energy for the good and leave your name next time keep hating you only fuel me more..........
Actually, I used to leave my full name until i started to have late night visits from "fans"!
Bill

Leola, PA

#12 Apr 18, 2011
George wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I used to leave my full name until i started to have late night visits from "fans"!
Exactly! I have two fans like that myself with MD ip locations.
john doe 000069

Sykesville, MD

#13 Apr 18, 2011
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! I have two fans like that myself with MD ip locations.
Yeah, you're a regular star! Bike nights begin soon. See you there.
Stanely

York, PA

#14 Apr 18, 2011
George wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I used to leave my full name until i started to have late night visits from "fans"!
I'll bet it was that damn Kenny and Clifford, on their way home from Club XS! You would think they already had their fill, if you know what I mean? Then they have to visit you in your cellar; outrageous!
What does your mother think of your and their actions?
Bill

Leola, PA

#15 Apr 19, 2011
john doe 000069 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you're a regular star! Bike nights begin soon. See you there.
Must be nice to have absolutely no responsibilities and sit up all night posting comments to faceless strangers. The worst part is you probably think those on the receiving end actually care
George

Washington, DC

#16 Apr 19, 2011
Stanely wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet it was that damn Kenny and Clifford, on their way home from Club XS! You would think they already had their fill, if you know what I mean? Then they have to visit you in your cellar; outrageous!
What does your mother think of your and their actions?
Mommy loves it when i have visitors late at night! She prepares them cookies and milk and brings them down to us in the absement!! Yippee!! LOL
brandon beatty

York, PA

#17 Apr 22, 2011
Lauren wrote:
Great article Brandon. I met you playing volleyball over the summer and saw this article and thought it was awesome! Great work buddy!
thanks
LAUREN 2

United States

#18 Apr 28, 2011
Yeah great job buddy, lol!!! Wow what a wonderful location to relocate criminals and providing them with a new way to avoid paying taxes! I love York :)
you know who

Pompano Beach, FL

#19 Aug 18, 2011
BRANDON STOP IT DUDE YOUR A CERTIFIED CONFIDENTIAL INFORMANT YOU HAVE SOME NERVE IN EVEN WRITING A BOOK CALLED TRAPPED DUDE<COUNT HOW MANY PPL IN YORK YOU HAVE TRAPPED??CASSIUS HOLLINS,TODD BAKER JUST TO NAMR A FEW>>>SMH!!THE THINGS ONE WILL DO FOR FAME.
no clue

United States

#20 Jan 17, 2013
you know who wrote:
BRANDON STOP IT DUDE YOUR A CERTIFIED CONFIDENTIAL INFORMANT YOU HAVE SOME NERVE IN EVEN WRITING A BOOK CALLED TRAPPED DUDE<COUNT HOW MANY PPL IN YORK YOU HAVE TRAPPED??CASSIUS HOLLINS,TODD BAKER JUST TO NAMR A FEW>>>SMH!!THE THINGS ONE WILL DO FOR FAME.
First off, you got this Brandon confused with the another Brandon. There are two Brandon Beattys in York. The other Brandon is the one who wrote the book Trapped, not the Brandon who owns a Barber Shop. People on here directing comments to people and they don't even know what person they are talking about. Get the facts together. The other Brandon is the one who is an informant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News State police: Woman kicks troopers in head with... (May '11) May 25 notcrazy 56
Unidentified Noise in East York May 24 Sonic 2
Review: D And M Auto Sales (Jan '15) May 24 The 1who blew the... 8
News Lost Civil War gold in Pennsylvania woods? (Mar '08) May 24 Rama 28
News Friends of Fawn Twp. homicide victim call abuse... (May '11) May 12 Laura 23
News At Home preparing for May opening in Westa Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
News April 12: Skepticism on Temple stadium costs | ... Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages