Woman dead in I-83 crash in Mancheste...

Woman dead in I-83 crash in Manchester Twp.

There are 35 comments on the York Dispatch story from May 30, 2011, titled Woman dead in I-83 crash in Manchester Twp.. In it, York Dispatch reports that:

A woman is dead as the result of a three-vehicle crash on Interstate 83 in Manchester Township.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at York Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Newburgh, NY

#24 May 31, 2011
she was from my church and me and my family were very close to her. its so upsetting to hear this. her family are in my prayers and should be in everyones. R.I.P<3

Cockeysville, MD

#25 Jun 1, 2011
Somebody's goin' to jail.....

Oyster Bay, NY

#26 Jun 2, 2011
Monroe-Woodbury parent wrote:
Susan Gunther was a wonderful teacher. She was kind, intelligent, and insightful. Her colleagues, and students are shocked and saddened by her death. Our hearts go out to her family and friends.
It's so sad...It's hard to believe something like this could happen to someone as nice as Mrs. Gunther. She was always smiling, and laughing, and she always listened to what you said. She never thought any idea was bad, and she was the most patient, caring teacher I've ever had. She's the kind of person the world needs more of. I can't remember her ever getting mad or raising her voice. This is a horrible loss. My prayers go out to her family. Right now, everyone's just in a state of shock... Mrs. Gunther will always be remembered and missed here at MW.

Chicago, IL

#27 Jun 2, 2011
Accidents happen... Let's learn from them and move on.

Cold Spring Harbor, NY

#28 Jun 2, 2011
Cornserned Sitisen wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because she was NOT wearin' a helmutt, like most of them their motorsickle peoples does.
she was in a car coming home frome dropping her daughter from school.

Chicago, IL

#29 Jun 2, 2011
Common sense alone should tell you to give way to a tractor trailer. Some of you people are right though... No law says you have to.
R Grim

Annapolis, MD

#30 Jun 2, 2011
WTF wrote:
Common sense alone should tell you to give way to a tractor trailer. Some of you people are right though... No law says you have to.
Nothing like being dead right.

It's a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Land of no turn signals

Norristown, PA

#31 Jun 2, 2011
Another life taken because of some jackass too lazy to look out their mirrors and side windows for oncoming traffic. And, in the process, making an 80,000 pound truck swerve into the left lane killing an innocent human being. The people that automatically pull into the left lane at every on ramp are just as bad as the ones that don't yield when pulling out. Both maneuvers are unsafe and illegal. Wake up idiots, yield when entering the road and don't expect traffic to move over for you. And, stay in your damn lane instead of moving over at every on ramp!

Scranton, PA

#32 Jun 2, 2011
Stay out of those blind spots.

Annapolis, MD

#33 Jun 3, 2011
HyperU2 wrote:
Stay out of those blind spots.
If you cruise in the blind spot you are cruisin' for a bruisin'.

Make a burst of acceleration and actually PASS the truck.

If you're too puzzified to actually PASS the truck you shouldn't be in the left lane.

Chicago, IL

#34 Jun 3, 2011
There is nothing wrong with moving over at onramps. That's called common sense!
daily driver

Red Lion, PA

#35 Jun 5, 2011
Road Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, I've witnessed far too many four-wheeler drivers who get intimidated by the size of the truck they are attempting to pass and actually go slower and slower, often hanging for way to long in the trucker's blind spot as they very very gradually gain on the rig.
If you lack the nerve to pass, just stay behind the truck.
If I come up behind someone like that in the left lane I hang back until they're finished fahrting around and then clip by at a decent speed.
You are so right road warrior. Many people on the interstates shouldn't be on there
or should stay in the right lane. They don't have the guts to simply pass a big truck
and keep moving. As you stated they fart around and fart around and cause major traffic back ups and accidents. There are also those arrogant rig drivers who just plow into a lane change cause they feel that no one is fool enough to keep coming by them. Also
the morons who think they have a right to just fly out onto a highway and you must move over for them. Driving an interstate can be a smooth experience and should be if people
would just obey the laws and procedures and also quit acting like a bunch of pansy
a$$es out there.

United States

#36 Jun 5, 2011
I-83 needs to be looked at. I use to drive from York to Harrisburg for work and there is just no where to go if you have swerve off the road. It's like a death trap. At least down through Maryland there is some land to pull off on in case you have to get out of the way.
A Student

Brooklyn, NY

#37 Jun 6, 2011
mrs. gunther was my former teacher in elementary school, i literally broke down crying when i heard the news. i couldnt believe it. she touched the lives of many. i am praying for her family.

Brooklyn, NY

#39 Jun 24, 2011
Susan Gunther was an awesome teacher. i remember when i met her.Today at school we had a ceremony for her

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four women face prostitution charges in York (Oct '12) Mar 19 no justice 14
News How York High became both fortress and haven Mar 16 Unreal 1
News Food list grows for WIC users (Oct '09) Mar 15 Miranda Jordan 49
News Lost Civil War gold in Pennsylvania woods? (Mar '08) Mar 13 That guy 34
News Police seek York 'armed and dangerous' suspect Mar 12 Unreal 1
News Zach Witman: 'Take a second look' (Dec '10) Feb 27 Devon 549
Did you know they plan to "close" three mile is... Feb '18 Night Crawler 2

Manchester Jobs

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages