Police charge woman they say fled DUI stop, crashed into restaurant

Full story: The York Daily Record

A woman's attempt to bypass a DUI checkpoint resulted in her now facing felony assault and fleeing charges along with driving under the influence, according to police.
Comments
1 - 20 of 26 Comments Last updated Mar 25, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
drew pfafflin

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

Judged:

dag! twanda!
you be messin agin!
Observer

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

Judged:

Common YDR - Get off the on-line subscription horse
s**t! Nobody is buying this insanity.
sakbut

Hilton Head Island, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

Judged:

Observer wrote:
Common YDR - Get off the on-line subscription horse
s**t! Nobody is buying this insanity.
YDR will lose any advertising revenue they are trying to gain. Lancaster and Harrisburg report the same stuff, and free. Those pop-ups are so annoying. No I will not subscribe. Note to YDR... "Are you ONLINE or aren't you.
The Way It Is

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

Judged:

Spoke to the a##holes (several times) from
"Press +". I even subscribed to the YDR online for $5/per month. Never read it but considered $5 was cheap to "screw around" with posts. Thought that would solve my problem on pop-up. NO, must also pay ANOTHER monthly fee to "Press +" to receive THESE brief articles and post on them. YDR is so hard up they will do anything to keep their noses above water. Pretty bad when thus far, most posts on THIS thread are on "pop ups" rather than the content of the article. "F" 'em BOTH!!!!!!!! See how long this one is on line till deleted???
The Daily Planet

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

I always heard that people were beating down the doors to get into Sam & Tony's for their daily special - but this one took it to a new level.
Ron Pope-peel

New Freedom, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

Judged:

Glad to see Sam & Tony opened a drive-thru. I'm always afraid to get out of my car in that neighborHOOD.
Mack

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

Judged:

There is a reason cops should not do high pursuits and this is one of them..someone could have been killed.
sista

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

Yeah, that Twanda chick is a total JERK at best! I do feel for her with a name like she has tho. Probably driving lessons wouldn't hurt her at all either.
trike

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

Lock her UP and make an example out of her since 2005 seemed not to do any good for her, let the moron SIT!
scrappin aint easy

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

Judged:

officer bixler could have caught her but on that night his cruiser was weighted down so much from all the scrap metal he picks up every day he is on "patrol"
that chief must be BLIND out there!
Officer Bixlers Neighbor

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

scrappin' like scrappen' for humor, like you, ain't easy. If you weren't BLIND you could be writin' for the 'Tonight Show'. Tell that to your Chief when he walks by you fries station! Now go clean the Shit#ers!
DTF

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Now scrapping is pathetic, but maybe somebody should look into all the real estate activity that is conducted on their municipal dime! What a slap to the faces of all those coworkers that just won those well deserved awards!
Or maybe it would just be easier to change "Second to None" to just plain old "Last!"
TiredofIt

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

Mack wrote:
There is a reason cops should not do high pursuits and this is one of them..someone could have been killed.
Yep, blame the police. Just let this woman go on her merry ol way. After all she only has 2 other DUI's. Ever think she may kill someone with her reckless driving regardless if police are pursuing her or not?

Let's just tie the hands of the police even more. Don't chase the guy who just shot your neighbor who he was trying to rob. Someone else may get hurt. The scenarios are endless.

How about we let the police do their jobs and stand by the good guys for once.
George

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

TiredofIt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, blame the police. Just let this woman go on her merry ol way. After all she only has 2 other DUI's. Ever think she may kill someone with her reckless driving regardless if police are pursuing her or not?
Let's just tie the hands of the police even more. Don't chase the guy who just shot your neighbor who he was trying to rob. Someone else may get hurt. The scenarios are endless.
How about we let the police do their jobs and stand by the good guys for once.
Agree with you 100%!!!!!!
concerned citizen

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Really no surprise her name is Jamison that name seems to pop up in the paper or police blotter every few days!! You should need a license to reproduce!!!
JBPGH

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Cabs, Cabs, Cabs. Not trolleys. This is blantantly obvious in York. In Baltimore, bars actually fronted the first $30 on a cab fare, to take individuals home on St. Pats. In York, they would rather put up "checkpoints" (revenue builders) than invest in a functioning cab system. Keep Rev'ng it up!
Curious George

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Seriously, you could smell alcohol??? And, are you really allowed to reach in the car to open the door? Just wondering.
get yourself fixed

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

concerned citizen wrote:
Really no surprise her name is Jamison that name seems to pop up in the paper or police blotter every few days!! You should need a license to reproduce!!!
guess what, i'm not a jamison... but i know several of them. it's a huge family and while there may be some bad eggs there are several good ones. you can go to a jamison for anything...a haircut, rims/tires, car audio...and those are just 3 jamisons who own their own bzns. sorry, you aren't doing as well.

i know many more good jamison than bad...maybe you had a little to much jamison to drink. maybe you were w/ the jamison in this story.

just remember...if you can't think of someone in your family who's a problem you should most likely stand infront of a mirror
SMH

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

THAT FAMILY JUST CAN'T GET IT TOGETHER. HER SON IS THE 1 THAT WAS JUST CONVICTED OF 1ST DEGREE MURDER FOR KILLING THAT LITTLE GIRL ON MOTHERS' DAY. GUESS THAT'S WHY SHE WAS OUT DRINKING.
Worker

Drexel Hill, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

get yourself fixed wrote:
<quoted text>
guess what, i'm not a jamison... but i know several of them. it's a huge family and while there may be some bad eggs there are several good ones. you can go to a jamison for anything...a haircut, rims/tires, car audio...and those are just 3 jamisons who own their own bzns. sorry, you aren't doing as well.
i know many more good jamison than bad...maybe you had a little to much jamison to drink. maybe you were w/ the jamison in this story.
just remember...if you can't think of someone in your family who's a problem you should most likely stand infront of a mirror
Thank you!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Manchester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••