Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.
Comments
109,381 - 109,400 of 109,596 Comments Last updated Oct 22, 2013
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118888 May 8, 2013
WASHINGTON -- Just one day after Treasury Secretary Jack Lew wrote a letter urging lawmakers to reject a slate of Wall Street deregulation measures, nearly two dozen Democrats joined Republicans to approve the package in the House Financial Services Committee.

The legislation would repeal several sections of the 2010 Dodd-Frank Wall Street reform law targeting derivatives, the complex financial transactions at the heart of the 2008 banking collapse. Similar measures have already cleared the House Agriculture Committee with broad bipartisan backing.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118889 May 8, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I think you have a comprhension problem or are just plain willfully ignorant. Not sure.
Here's what you said:..."Obama and the politicians on the left, just like the politicians on the right, ONLY care about the big banks, Wall Street, and the ultra-wealthy... but the left pays lip service to the middle & lower classes... so it's better (in your mind). Not in reality though."...
What you're saying is that generally speaking both sides are bad but then you just can't help but make a special case out the left with this:
..."but the left pays lip service to the middle & lower classes."
<quoted text>
I understand completely what you're saying because you keep trying to claim that you're non-partisan but it's obvious that's just so much bs. Like I said, if you don't prefer one side over the other stay home, don't vote, and please refrain from telling us how corrupt the political system is. We all know that. But when it comes to voting (you aside) people have to choose. And I prefer the side that claims to represent the middle class (imperfect thought they may be) rather than the side that thinks only the rich deserve consideration and special treatment.
So you're saying that you don't mind corrupt leftists, and you don't like corrupt "righties." Duly noted.

I don't like any corruption... and in your mind that makes me a "righty." Duly noted.

I think we're done here. Feel free to move on to your next cut-n-paste.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118890 May 8, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying that you don't mind corrupt leftists, and you don't like corrupt "righties." Duly noted.
I don't like any corruption... and in your mind that makes me a "righty." Duly noted.
I think we're done here. Feel free to move on to your next cut-n-paste.
Yeah, great, so you don't have any party affiliation, and you don't vote. I get it.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118891 May 8, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, great, so you don't have any party affiliation, and you don't vote. I get it.
I vote.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118892 May 8, 2013
joe wrote:
WASHINGTON -- Just one day after Treasury Secretary Jack Lew wrote a letter urging lawmakers to reject a slate of Wall Street deregulation measures, nearly two dozen Democrats joined Republicans to approve the package in the House Financial Services Committee.
The legislation would repeal several sections of the 2010 Dodd-Frank Wall Street reform law targeting derivatives, the complex financial transactions at the heart of the 2008 banking collapse. Similar measures have already cleared the House Agriculture Committee with broad bipartisan backing.
Once again... Republicans and Democrats in Washington can agree on something! And once again that "something" hurts the middle class. They agree to De-regulate Wall Street & big banks... what a surprise!!!

Both corrupt parties have the back of the corrupt institutions that fund them? Wow!

Yet all of you followers continue to support the parties that are actively and openly working against you. When will you wake up??
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118893 May 9, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again... Republicans and Democrats in Washington can agree on something! And once again that "something" hurts the middle class. They agree to De-regulate Wall Street & big banks... what a surprise!!!
Both corrupt parties have the back of the corrupt institutions that fund them? Wow!
Yet all of you followers continue to support the parties that are actively and openly working against you. When will you wake up??
You are too stupid to believe. I posted the article to point out the truth of your statement and you attack.???
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118894 May 9, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too stupid to believe. I posted the article to point out the truth of your statement and you attack.???
I didn't "attack" anyone. I just asked when you and your ilk would wake up. Calm down joey.
shameless-li

United States

#118895 May 9, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't stick to any party line. i try to make my OWN decisions on what candidate seems to be the most honest and believable at the time. it's just going to get worse, first it's the dems vs the reps and now it seems to be the blacks vs the whites.

i agree with you that there are no parties working for the people anymore. they just work in their own best interests...
we're screwed no matter who run the country.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118896 May 9, 2013
shameless-li wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't stick to any party line. i try to make my OWN decisions on what candidate seems to be the most honest and believable at the time. it's just going to get worse, first it's the dems vs the reps and now it seems to be the blacks vs the whites.
i agree with you that there are no parties working for the people anymore. they just work in their own best interests...
Exactly right, Republicans and Democrats serve the same master. And if you're not ultra-wealthy... it ain't you! The masses get distracted by all of the political-football nonsense bickering that they don't notice that both sides are slaves to the big banks while paying lip service to their constituents.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118897 May 10, 2013
shameless-li wrote:
<quoted text>
Get rid of the Citizen United SCOTUS ruling. New legislation taking money out of elections. Every candidate gets the same amount of money, equal amount of free radio and tv and a few debates.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118898 May 10, 2013
Republican lawmakers asked increasingly tough questions today as they held another day of hearings to investigate, in the words of Rep. Darrell Issa (R-California),“Hillary Clinton’s suspiciously high poll numbers and what can be done to make them lower.”

“With the help of Fox News, we have brutally attacked Hillary Clinton for months, and yet she remains more popular than ever,” Rep. Issa said.“This committee needs to know how that happened, and how we can keep it from happening in the future.”

Rep. Issa pointed to recent polls showing the former Secretary of State trouncing every potential G.O.P. Presidential candidate,“even a skinnier version of Chris Christie.”

“We demand an answer to one simple question,” he said.“What does Secretary Clinton know that none of us knows?”

In his boldest allegation of the day, Rep. Issa accused Secretary Clinton of “cynically using her post as Secretary of State to become wildly popular with the American people.”

“I invite her to these hearings to answer those charges,” he said.

Wrapping up for the day, Rep. Issa warned the former Secretary of State that he was just getting started:“Once we Republicans decide to investigate someone, we don’t stop. If Secretary Clinton doesn’t believe me, she should ask her husband.”

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit...
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118899 May 10, 2013
joe wrote:
Republican lawmakers asked increasingly tough questions today ...
They may not be doing it for altruistic reasons... but we Americans should be glad they are doing it.

The administration ordered a stand-down as Americans were being killed, then they repeatedly lied about what happened there... as did Sec. Clinton. Tough questions should be asked.

I don't expect you to agree, as the people involved aren't "right wingers." I'm sure by your standards the only problem here is the tough, err, right wing questions.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118900 May 10, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
They may not be doing it for altruistic reasons... but we Americans should be glad they are doing it.
The administration ordered a stand-down as Americans were being killed, then they repeatedly lied about what happened there... as did Sec. Clinton. Tough questions should be asked.
I don't expect you to agree, as the people involved aren't "right wingers." I'm sure by your standards the only problem here is the tough, err, right wing questions.
And I'm sure by your "non-partisan objective" standards you're fine with the fact that non of this was done over 9/11 or the US consulate in Pakistan bombing-ten people killed.

or

In 2004, the US embassy in Uzbekistan was attacked, two people killed.

or

In 2008, the US embassy in Yemen was bombed, and another ten people killed.

Over 60 embassy attacks under Bush.

And what were the LIES? I guess you already know what was a lie so go ahead and tell us and prove it.'Cause we all know you have inside information, right. Azshole!

Yeah a true unaligned jerk who trumpets the "middle-road", "both parties are guilty" bs and then proceeds to enumerate his particular loathing of the left.

Yo really think anyone believes your crap?
nac

Patchogue, NY

#118902 May 10, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm sure by your "non-partisan objective" standards you're fine with the fact that non of this was done over 9/11 or the US consulate in Pakistan bombing-ten people killed.
or
or
Over 60 embassy attacks under Bush.
And what were the LIES? I guess you already know what was a lie so go ahead and tell us and prove it.'Cause we all know you have inside information, right. Azshole!
Yeah a true unaligned jerk who trumpets the "middle-road", "both parties are guilty" bs and then proceeds to enumerate his particular loathing of the left.
Did whistle blowers come forward with testimony that contradicts statements made by the administration in your examples?

It's not THAT the attack happened, it's the fact that a stand-down was ordered while Americans were being killed and the lies that followed.

But don't worry, your heroes will skate again. There are enough people in this country that will accept any lie as long as it comes from "the good" party.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118903 May 10, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Did whistle blowers come forward with testimony that contradicts statements made by the administration in your examples?
It's not THAT the attack happened, it's the fact that a stand-down was ordered while Americans were being killed and the lies that followed.
But don't worry, your heroes will skate again. There are enough people in this country that will accept any lie as long as it comes from "the good" party.
And which party would that be, the "good party" that is? Which party are you referring to? You fcking liar, "mr. objective", "both parties are bad" bs artist.

I notice you screech about lies but only you and glen beck have that inside information, right?

You're just another right wing, tea-party bullshifter, admit it.
nac

Southold, NY

#118904 May 10, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
And which party would that be, the "good party" that is? Which party are you referring to? You fcking liar, "mr. objective", "both parties are bad" bs artist.
I notice you screech about lies but only you and glen beck have that inside information, right?
You're just another right wing, tea-party bullshifter, admit it.
By the "good party," I meant whatever party any partisan boob like yourself worships.

I can't believe that you are so dense that you don't understand this... But, to me... Anyone that applauds anything the democrats or republicans say or do is an idiot.

I also find it laughable that the fact that I do not support ordering the military to stand down while Americans are killed makes me a "right wing, tea party [explitive deleted]." I further find it sad that the fact that I do not support lying about said treason makes me a "right wing, tea party [explitive deleted]."

I know it's way too late for the astoundingly stupid to understand this... But just because Bush was a national disgrace, does not mean that Obama should also be a national disgrace.

Yet they both are. You hate one, and applaud the other. Wake up!!!!!
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#118905 May 11, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Who from the White House lied for political purposes to Congress and the American People about what happened there and why, joe, and what lies exactly did they tell?
joe wrote:
<quoted text>or
Who from the White House lied for political purposes to Congress and the American People about what happened there and why, joe, and what lies exactly did they tell?
joe wrote:
<quoted text>or
joe wrote:
<quoted text> Over 60 embassy attacks under Bush.
Another juvenile partisan tantrum, joe?

What were the lies? The lies are now clear, and on the public record backed by sworn testimony before Congress, joe.

The Obama White House knowingly LIED to the American people and the Congress for weeks that the Benghazi attack was a spontaneous demonstration over an inflammatory video, to protect their "we did what Bush failed to do, we got Bin Laden, AQ is no more, Mission Accomplished" campaign line and win an election.

As I've advised you before - grow up and get over it.

joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118906 May 11, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
By the "good party," I meant whatever party any partisan boob like yourself worships.
I can't believe that you are so dense that you don't understand this... But, to me... Anyone that applauds anything the democrats or republicans say or do is an idiot.
I also find it laughable that the fact that I do not support ordering the military to stand down while Americans are killed makes me a "right wing, tea party [explitive deleted]." I further find it sad that the fact that I do not support lying about said treason makes me a "right wing, tea party [explitive deleted]."
I know it's way too late for the astoundingly stupid to understand this... But just because Bush was a national disgrace, does not mean that Obama should also be a national disgrace.
Yet they both are. You hate one, and applaud the other. Wake up!!!!!
Another post from the right wing fringe. I don't say anything supportive of the left. Living in a world of bat-shlt, tea party worship as you do, I'm not surprised that you've hallucinated that I've posted anything here that you can find or quote supportive of the left. So, my dense little troglodyte, show me the applause that you've imagined (lied) that I've been posting.

My self-appointed task, in your case, is to point out that you aren't anything but a right wing booster pretending to be "objective" and critical of both parties. Except that 90% of your postings are bat-shlt right-wing hypocrisy straight from the WSJ, Fox, Rush, etc., ad nauseam.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#118907 May 11, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What were the lies? The lies are now clear, and on the public record backed by sworn testimony before Congress, joe.
The Obama White House knowingly LIED to the American people and the Congress for weeks that the Benghazi attack was a spontaneous demonstration over an inflammatory video, to protect their "we did what Bush failed to do, we got Bin Laden, AQ is no more, Mission Accomplished" campaign line and win an election.
You've just become a creep, huh? Here's the clear lies your conspiracy fevered brain keeps vomiting out:

David H. Petraeus, the former director of the Central Intelligence Agency, told lawmakers on Friday that classified intelligence reports revealed that the deadly assault on the American diplomatic mission in Libya was a terrorist attack, but that the administration refrained from saying it suspected that the perpetrators of the attack were Al Qaeda affiliates and sympathizers to avoid tipping off the groups.

There was a CIA mission in Benghazi you seditious jerk.

"we did what Bush failed to do, we got Bin Laden, AQ is no more, Mission Accomplished" Where'd you get this quote, liar? From out of your azs.
Just Saying

Mineola, NY

#118908 May 12, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Trying to compare other attacks to Benghazi is comparing apples to oranges, and just represents more spin by defenders of this Administration. Those other attacks were over quickly, unlike Benghazi, which lasted for hours during which nothing was done to send aid to those under attack.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 9 hr bacon hater 51,310
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 21 hr just saying 3,927
Veterans' Thrift Store needs $10,000 truck to d... 23 hr lady 2
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Sat sammy 159
Boyce Heating and Air closes doors (Feb '10) Sat Chris 8
Starving dog found tied to tree doing well in s... (Dec '10) Fri Tomatoes 47
Praise for abortion protester off base (Dec '09) Aug 28 Father Isaac Jogues 168
•••
•••
•••

Manchester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••