School van stolen in York after left to 'warm up'

A woman left a school van running to warm it up this morning in York, only to return and find someone had taken the van, according to York City Police. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
could be

York, PA

#1 Mar 30, 2011
It wasn't cold enough this morning for need of warming a vehicle. That's bazaar. Maybe she wanted it stolen for a break from hauling kids around. HA HA
cangar

Harrisburg, PA

#2 Mar 30, 2011
Shonna...girl, what you aint never be hearing bout door locks an sheat. what be da matter wid you. you knows yo citizens cant be trusted an sheat.
duh

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Mar 30, 2011
hot, cold, young or old...if you aren't going to be w/ your car when it's running you should invest in an automatic starter. you can start your car, lock your doors and if someone tries to get in while it's running it will shut off as soon as you put your foot on the break. sounds like this driver should be riding on the short bus...not driving it
Doh

York, PA

#4 Mar 30, 2011
I loved the description... "a yellow van with windows" oh okay be on the lookout! This is one of those fancy ones that came with windows!! lol
hmmm

York, PA

#5 Mar 30, 2011
Was she given a citation? It is illegal, and she should have been charged.
Pablo

Lewisberry, PA

#6 Mar 30, 2011
Doh wrote:
I loved the description... "a yellow van with windows" oh okay be on the lookout! This is one of those fancy ones that came with windows!! lol
LOL!
And

York, PA

#7 Mar 30, 2011
hmmm wrote:
Who cares?
Pablo

Lewisberry, PA

#8 Mar 30, 2011
hmmm wrote:
Only if it was on a public street and if it was on a public street the fine is $5.00.
Easy pickins

York, PA

#9 Mar 30, 2011
Attention ALL potential car thieves. The absolute best place to steal a vehicle is at the gas pumps if someone goes INSIDE to pay for their gas after pumping. Just sit on curb till they walk by and you have a free ride for the day.
Toilet Frecklessss

Shrewsbury, PA

#10 Mar 30, 2011
Anyone tries to steal my vehicle and I'll put a bullet in their obama voting head.
Pablo

Lewisberry, PA

#11 Mar 30, 2011
Toilet Frecklessss wrote:
Anyone tries to steal my vehicle and I'll put a bullet in their obama voting head.
I doubt they vote at all.
Gumby

York, PA

#12 Mar 30, 2011
Is that how she described it? "...a yellow van with windows..."? Awesome. She must've forgotten to mention it had a steering wheel, too.
Doh

York, PA

#13 Mar 30, 2011
I know, right?
AMERICAN

Clifton Heights, PA

#14 Mar 30, 2011
Sounds like this dumb broad should RIDING the short bus instead of driving one!!
drew pfafflin

Lancaster, PA

#15 Mar 30, 2011
my boys already have it in a Balto chop shop.
give it up.
she's a load form Yoke county, and it's gone fo-eva.
Inquiring Mind

York, PA

#16 Mar 30, 2011
Have the children been returned?
Doh

York, PA

#17 Mar 30, 2011
Inquiring Mind wrote:
Have the children been returned?
if only it didn't have those windows....they could have easily escaped
Repeat as Necessary

Mount Laurel, NJ

#18 Mar 30, 2011
She does realize this is York City 2011, not 1951?
JBPGH

Lawrenceville, GA

#19 Mar 30, 2011
Hilarious how people keep doing this, even though the sames story continually made the prestigious front page of the York Daily Record all winter!!
The Daily Planet

York, PA

#20 Mar 30, 2011
that's one hot ride!
I would imagine that it was tricked out by noon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr Jazzman 51,524
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 2 hr Martin Luther 4,019
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Mon R Nixon 186
Hanover house featured on Animal Planet's 'Haun... (Oct '10) Sep 23 American Airman 87
Abby Lee Miller of 'Dance Moms' will visit York... Sep 23 amw 7
Extentended Animal Caging, canit be stopped? Sep 21 Gio 1
Assumable Mortgages in York County Sep 16 FHAMan 1
Manchester Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Manchester Jobs

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Manchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Manchester

Personal Finance