Man, father killed in flash fire at Ohio garage | The Columbus ...

Authorities in southern Ohio say a wood-burning stove ignited gasoline vapors into a flash fire that killed the owner of an auto repair shop and his father. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bill Kline

United States

#2 Feb 18, 2010
There IS a reason why National Fire Codes prohibit wood stoves in garages.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#5 Feb 18, 2010
I bet it was a GM where you have to remove the fuel tank to replace the fuel pump. What a stupid design.

Combine that with some genius using a wood-burning stove to heat a garage, and tragedy seems inevitable.
dumb dumb

Rockbridge, OH

#6 Feb 18, 2010
Bill Kline wrote:
There IS a reason why National Fire Codes prohibit wood stoves in garages.
what code have a heart would you like it if you lost somebody u loved and somebody said that to you
Parasite Government

Columbus, OH

#7 Feb 18, 2010
Not to sound insensitive, but how do they know the chain of events that led to the fire if both people are deceased?
concerned

Sardinia, OH

#8 Feb 19, 2010
Parasite Government wrote:
Not to sound insensitive, but how do they know the chain of events that led to the fire if both people are deceased?
I had wondered that same thing. I was told that how they know what happened is because Tony got gas in his eyes and went INTO the home (beside the garage) and washed out his eyes...then, he asked his father (Ronnie) to come to the garage and help him do something. There were other people inside the home that knew Tony came in, washed his eyes, and his father went out to the garage with him.
well

Sardinia, OH

#9 Feb 19, 2010
Bill Kline wrote:
There IS a reason why National Fire Codes prohibit wood stoves in garages.
I agree that it was NOT a good idea to have that wood stove in the garage, but it is STILL unfortunate that 2 people died! And I'm sure that's NOT the only wood burning stove that was in a garage! I'm sure there are a lot of people that have them in garages! Then again, what would be a good heat source for a garage? I see people using wood stoves, kerosene heaters,and electric heaters in garages! All have open flames! I guess the only safe way is using something that blows heat inside the garage...which would have no open flames. Those people using open flame heaters have just been lucky I guess! So don't make it out that they are the only people that have done this, because their not! I hope others will learn from this!
the truth

Wayne, PA

#10 Feb 22, 2010
the fire marshal said it would happen regardless of the stove, any spark could have started the fire
diane from manchester

Milford, OH

#11 Mar 10, 2010
yes it was somethin that some people dont think of and im sure there r alot of those people out there but Tony and Ronnie where great friends of mine and if for one min. Tony thought that this would happen he sure would not have done it or brought his father in on it. my prayers go to the family and the rest of his friends like me that will miss them forever
Dawn Beckett_morgan

Altamonte Springs, FL

#12 Jul 21, 2010
People needs to quit runny there mouths
Dawn Beckett_morgan

Altamonte Springs, FL

#13 Jul 21, 2010
People needs to quit runing there mouths.I am a member of Ronnie's and Tony's.Nobody needs to talk about the morgans at all.
Dawn Beckett_morgan

Altamonte Springs, FL

#14 Jul 21, 2010
Don't talk about the morgans
speller

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Jul 21, 2010
runing is spelled running!
LivinNLearnin

Cincinnati, OH

#16 Jul 22, 2010
Tony and Ronnie were good people and treated their customers fair. It amazes me that that someone could be so insensitive that they would post this after a someone has lost thier family members. Do you not think that they have been through enough without having some as* reopen the heart ache they went through. Maybe you should have a heart and get your head out of your as*.
Manchesterite

Sardinia, OH

#17 Jul 27, 2010
@Dawn. Its small town and it was a tragedy people are going to talk get over it.

Tony and Ronnie were good people, but they shouldnt have had the woodstove burning in the garage, common sense tells you that. I know that a lot of people had mentioned this to both Ronnie and Tony and they were know to leave the door open since the wood was damp.

There was a similar accident a few years back in Winchester and it too killed a father and son as they were working on their dirt bikes.

SO to those of you who support the family through their grief I salute you. those of you who dont thats your opinion
LivinNLearnin

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Jul 29, 2010
people are going to talk because they live pathetic lives and have nothing elese better to do.
Maybe they shouldn't have had the wood stove in there but they did and because of it there was a tragic accident. How do you think the family feels reading this? do you think after what they've lost they really need this? I only hope one day you and your family go though a tragity and get to turn on your computer and see how insensitive people are.
family

Bala Cynwyd, PA

#19 Jul 29, 2010
I am a close family member of Tony and Ronnie...I honestly don't understand why people have to run their mouths about them having a wood stove...that was their heat source...get over the fact of what kind of heat source they had, they both lost their lies regardless. We are having enough of a hard time dealing with losing them to have insensitive people out there running their mouths.
really

West Union, OH

#20 Aug 2, 2010
okay 2 the ppl who are still seriously talking bout ron n tony badly...get a freakin life!...they were 2 good men who will always be missed...now bad mouthers just let them alone n let there families move on and not have 2 worry bout ppl still talking shit 4 months later...rip "boys"
pissed off

Miamisburg, OH

#21 Aug 3, 2010
really wrote:
okay 2 the ppl who are still seriously talking bout ron n tony badly...get a freakin life!...they were 2 good men who will always be missed...now bad mouthers just let them alone n let there families move on and not have 2 worry bout ppl still talking shit 4 months later...rip "boys"
Isnt this the truth. I am Ronnie's daughter and Tony's sister and this IS the last thing I want to see after grieving for months. This was a tragic accident. Yes they knew the danger of the stove and unfortunately my brother was a hard working man trying to get one step up in life and he did what he had to do to earn a living and stay warm through the winter months. We all know why this happened and how it could have been prevented. But sadly for me and my family we miss them terribly. They were not just good men they were GREAT. For you dumb as* people that have nothing better to do than talk badly..get over it..obviously you did not know my family or you would have a little more respect and know they were just earning a living. So please, I ask this of you if you have nothing to say then just shut up. The fire marshall said that anything could have caused a spark..regardless of the stove. I belive that when God is ready for you..its your time. Let it go for my family..just let it go!!!
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#22 Aug 3, 2010
You stupid morons, this thread was dead and buried for over four months until Dawn Beckett_morgan revived it. Now thanks to her we can all take another laugh at the idiots who didn't understand about gasoline and open flame.

Apparently imbecility runs in the family!
pissed off

Miamisburg, OH

#23 Aug 4, 2010
Big Johnson wrote:
You stupid morons, this thread was dead and buried for over four months until Dawn Beckett_morgan revived it. Now thanks to her we can all take another laugh at the idiots who didn't understand about gasoline and open flame.
Apparently imbecility runs in the family!
HEY BIG JOHNSON...CAN U SAY DICKHEAD...BECAUSE U SURE DO SOUND LIKE ONE!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Miranda Johnson Preston 2 hr wtf 1
Patty Hamilton (Jan '14) 14 hr Shauna Spires 11
Manchester village council, and Mr Mayor Wed Sincere 6
Harley ace boyer Wed nasty 2
kevin gaffin Tue neighbor 4
Mike knight Mar 22 tim c 2
feecorp supervisors Mar 21 Johnny Paycheck 5
Manchester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]