Neighbors: House fire caught quickly
Submitted Photo A fire that started in the chimney of a house in the 2800 block of Whitman Court in Manchester just after 12:30 a.m. Thursday caused more than $425,000 in damage.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carroll County Online.
#1 Nov 1, 2008
My 24 year old daughter took that photo and many others that scary night. The fire spread rapidly from one ond of the roofline to the other in about 4 minutes. The firefighters were there in record time and got it under control within 25 minutes. THEY WERE AMAZING!!!
I am truly sorry for my neighbors loss and hope that the community will rally around them to help.
#2 Nov 18, 2008
Fire usually spreads quickly, moron. Hopefully the Manchester FD got there before Hampstead, otherwise it would have been micromanaged to the ground!
#3 Nov 18, 2008
Who exactly are you bashing here? Lets look at who builds these houses so fast just to make a buck that they cut corners here and there.I know because I've seen it.
#4 Nov 18, 2008
By the way what exactly is micromanaged?
#5 Nov 24, 2008
Micromanaged by talking it out, yelling and screaming by the Chief.
Add your comments below
|Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10)||Jan '18||FireFellow44||20|
|Howard Harper (Sep '17)||Sep '17||John||3|
|the music thread (Mar '12)||Jul '17||Musikologist||24|
|Clifford Hoyt accident? (Aug '13)||Apr '17||Mdawn||20|
|Christopher Anyonis (Mar '17)||Mar '17||Rya Annaleese||2|
|Hodge Podge Farm, an animal rescue, running GoF... (Jan '17)||Jan '17||Terry Webb||2|
|Tim Bagley (Jan '17)||Jan '17||Greywater||1|
Find what you want!
Search Manchester Forum Now
Copyright © 2018 Topix LLC