Hanover Police 2nd in command moves on

Full story: Evening Sun

Sgt. Riley Hanover Police Department's second in command is resigning his position later this month and taking a job in the private sector.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Hartlaub

Princeton Junction, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

I'll truly miss Doug. He's a guy I always enjoyed working with. I feel he learned alot from me. He always accepted my constructive critism with professionalism. Culp will never fill his shoes, or mine.
Observer

Downingtown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

LOL....sounds like someone is pretty full of themselves.

Good luck Sarge in your new endeavors.
I thought

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

Hartlaub wrote:
I'll truly miss Doug. He's a guy I always enjoyed working with. I feel he learned alot from me. He always accepted my constructive critism with professionalism. Culp will never fill his shoes, or mine.

If you call pulling women over just to pull athority or almost getting yourself shot because you came off duty on the scene of an incident professional.. Well, sure. I will tell you this, There must be no conceit in your family because I think you have it all.
what if

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

Congrats Doug....now, i wonder if he will have to wear one of those red capes and show up on billboards??
Laughable

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

Don't forget the rest of the phrase..."Jack of all trades...Master of NONE." I know I'm not sad to see him leave!
Clueless

Dover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

I thought wrote:
<quoted text>
If you call pulling women over just to pull athority or almost getting yourself shot because you came off duty on the scene of an incident professional.. Well, sure. I will tell you this, There must be no conceit in your family because I think you have it all.
If you actually think Hartlaub wrote this your an idiot.. Just some loser with nothing better to do than cause trouble...
Facts

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

Was Deb Hoff going to make him stay on the job?
tin lizzie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

Laughable wrote:
Don't forget the rest of the phrase..."Jack of all trades...Master of NONE." I know I'm not sad to see him leave!
apparently you got 'busted' by him. anyone that truly knows doug, knows he is a good officer and cares about hanover. too bad some people spend so much time knocking/ bad mouthing police until they need one. then they cry for help.
karma..... what goes around, comes around.
I thought

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

Clueless wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually think Hartlaub wrote this your an idiot.. Just some loser with nothing better to do than cause trouble...
You obviously haven't the pleasure of meeting with him. And for the record Clueless.. you are as much as a loser because you responded to my post. So, to you my clueless friend.. here is a big old L for your forehead!
Tired of Ignorant People

Sicklerville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

Yes you are correct if he had written this. Which he did not. People are so ignorant by making comments like this.....
Observer wrote:
LOL....sounds like someone is pretty full of themselves.
Good luck Sarge in your new endeavors.
Laughable

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

Not busted in the slightest...don't have even a ticket against me, ever. In fact, we were ones that cried out for help for a very serious matter. His work was less than stellar, and therefore I stand by my statement that I will not miss him. As for other police officers, I have many friends who are officers in Hanover and in other locations. I am proud of each of them and how they uphold the law. I am thankful for their willingness to protect even the youngest citizen in this town!
tin lizzie wrote:
<quoted text>
apparently you got 'busted' by him. anyone that truly knows doug, knows he is a good officer and cares about hanover. too bad some people spend so much time knocking/ bad mouthing police until they need one. then they cry for help.
karma..... what goes around, comes around.
Dave L

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

Everyone seems to forget that I'm the original "Sarge" in charge of investigations, and I taught Doug all he knows. Can't believe Wild Bill is trying to take all the credit. He forgets that I was locking up drug dealers when he was playing Little League.

Nonetheless Doug, good luck. I wish you could have done more with Culp.
Poe

Browns Mills, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2009

Wow Doug! 29 years. I'm proud to have served with you.
Jay

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2009

Congrats Doug

You served your country while in the US Army and your community for over 30 years

I know how you are respected by your peers

I don't know what that guy "Laughable" is on, but it sure as hell ain't this planet

HPD is a better force thanks to you and Randy. These officers all come from good local genes, especially Craig. haha

Job well done Doug and I am proud to call you my friend
allycat

Hummelstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2009

congratulations Uncle Doug, HPD and Hanover will truly miss you!! good luck at your new job. we love you&#9829;
brucie

Hummelstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2009

Thanks for being such a great role model for my dad. Thanks for helping to protect Hanover. Good luck at your new job. Don't be a stranger, we enjoy having you around. Hanover will miss you.
-B
Wm T Hartlaub

Newville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

I thought wrote:
<quoted text>
I have alot of respect for Sgt. Doug Riley and did not post any of this BULL $%$#^
I only became aware of this when contacted by another agency.
It is very sad when individuals have nothing better to do or man enough to check on the facts before they post and/or comment.
Doug Riley has done his time and hats off to him and his family.
Doug, best wishes and if you need anything feel free to contact me.
Wm. T. Hartlaub
I thought

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Wm T Hartlaub wrote:
<quoted text>
I have alot of respect for Sgt. Doug Riley and did not post any of this BULL $%$#^
I only became aware of this when contacted by another agency.
It is very sad when individuals have nothing better to do or man enough to check on the facts before they post and/or comment.
Doug Riley has done his time and hats off to him and his family.
Doug, best wishes and if you need anything feel free to contact me.
Wm. T. Hartlaub
For someone that is in the community, one would think you would have posted something a little bit more professional (talking about how this is bull shyt and so forth.) All you had to say was simply that you did not post those posts and that you wish Doug the best of luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Manchester Discussions

Search the Manchester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MD Who do you support for Governor in Maryland in ... (Oct '10) Apr 12 fyi 185
Clifford Hoyt accident? (Aug '13) Mar '14 Curious reader 11
North Carroll fitnes centers Jan '14 Need a Gym 1
the music thread (Mar '12) Jan '14 Musikologist 16
Pets get face time with Santa Claus (Dec '08) Dec '13 santa clause 2
Stuntmen and Stuntwomen, Skateboarders, Cameram... Oct '13 kastfilms 1
MD Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) Aug '13 Tim the Bagger 43
•••

Freeze Watch for Carroll County was issued at April 16 at 9:05AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Manchester Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE