Couple Warned Town Of Dangerous Tree

Apr 6, 2009 Read more: Hartford Courant 47
Allison and John Trifari escaped injury when a massive oak tree crashed onto their home Sunday evening. Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tree lover

AOL

#41 Apr 7, 2009
Mike wrote:
Thank you for the google street view link. Obviously it is on the people's property.
Why the heck should the town cut down some one's tree? Cheap losers got what they deserved.
It was the towns tree idiot, next time read stuff before you comment. How could you possibly miss that!!
pwnd

Farmington, CT

#42 Apr 8, 2009
R U sh10 ME wrote:
This is what I am saying. If I had a tree on or near MY property that I felt would fall and possibly kill someone I would have it taken down.
Or of course we can wait til it falls and blame the town. Yeah, let's do that instead.
And by the way it was on MY neighbors property and I paid for it and everyone is still alive and NO damage to my home either. It was cheaper than the deductible. So... whatever.
<quoted text>
If you took down a tree that wasn't yours that's what they call "illegal".
doglove

Seattle, WA

#43 Apr 8, 2009
R U sh10 ME wrote:
This is what I am saying. If I had a tree on or near MY property that I felt would fall and possibly kill someone I would have it taken down.
Or of course we can wait til it falls and blame the town. Yeah, let's do that instead.
And by the way it was on MY neighbors property and I paid for it and everyone is still alive and NO damage to my home either. It was cheaper than the deductible. So... whatever.
<quoted text>
The tree belongs to the town. If he took it down they would have sued him.

Considering where it was located, I doubt any tree service would have touched it without a letter from the town okaying it.
doglove

Seattle, WA

#44 Apr 8, 2009
Mik wrote:
The VM Bus is in the driveway on Streetview!
Looks pretty nice.

That's a hard to replace item!
pwnd

Farmington, CT

#45 Apr 8, 2009
doglove wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks pretty nice.
That's a hard to replace item!
No kidding. The one thing I really regret was getting rid of my bus.
doglove

Seattle, WA

#46 Apr 13, 2009
pwnd wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding. The one thing I really regret was getting rid of my bus.
And the old beetles! I had three VW's! Any of them would be classics now. When was the last time you saw a Karmen Ghia?

Since: Apr 09

West Hartford, CT

#47 Apr 14, 2009
doglove wrote:
<quoted text>
And the old beetles! I had three VW's! Any of them would be classics now. When was the last time you saw a Karmen Ghia?
Actually just recently. Man I've always wanted a Karmen Ghia too. There's this guy around the Farmington area that has a Thing. Lucky mofo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News MA: MBTA Bridge Repairs to Shut Down Train Serv... Apr 12 Cool 1
10 Bennett Street Apr 8 Luis 1
Former dance studio at 280 Jefferson Avenue Mar 25 William 1
Any trannys or gays that want to meet in glouce... (Oct '14) Mar '15 prellworld 2
News Dennis 'Oil Can' Boyd to Help Northeast Arc Swi... Mar '15 Where is the Warmth 1
News Six New Homes Break Ground at Summer Hill (Aug '14) Aug '14 Sad Squared 1
News Great Barrington plastic bag ban to start Jan. 1 (Aug '13) Aug '13 Communist Praxis 1
More from around the web

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]