Woman shot by Chelmsford officer is a...

Woman shot by Chelmsford officer is arraigned in hospital bed

There are 61 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Sep 18, 2009, titled Woman shot by Chelmsford officer is arraigned in hospital bed. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Propped up in a hospital bed with her right knee encased in bandages, Michelle Hollenshade wept yesterday afternoon as a judge ordered her held on $5,000 cash bail.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Taxpayer1946

Chelmsford, MA

#1 Sep 18, 2009
Why was this woman taken to Brigham and Womwn's rather than Lowell General? Her injuries were not life threatening. I am sure the taxpayer paid for the ambulance ride to Boston as well as Brighams' high rates.
Lucky

Clinton, MA

#2 Sep 18, 2009
Imagine the DT's shes having...
yukkylowell

Lexington, MA

#3 Sep 18, 2009
no kidding! they should have dumped her at Saints
What A Gal

Woburn, MA

#4 Sep 18, 2009
Keep this POS off the street!
Betty

Chelmsford, MA

#5 Sep 18, 2009
Thats funny my first thought also she would have kicked out of Saints as soon as she arrived.

As for going to Boston that is up to the Ortho on call weather he wants to take the case on or not my guess Mon night "ya no"

So with our tax dollars she is getting top noch care. We can be thankful that she did not get a $6,000.00 Med Flight ride there unlike most who get shot in Lawrence...and YES we pay for that also....
what a world we live in.....
yukkylowell wrote:
no kidding! they should have dumped her at Saints
Big_Pimple

Biddeford, ME

#6 Sep 18, 2009
People like this should be Spayed or Neutered while in the hospital.
duh

Petersham, MA

#7 Sep 18, 2009
Betty wrote:
Thats funny my first thought also she would have kicked out of Saints as soon as she arrived.
Lol too true.

I think most area hospitals around here send the majority of gunshot wound victims to Boston hospitals. A friend of mine works in the ER at Boston Medical. He said it's "gunshot central" and he basically deals with gunshot victims all day.
But I agree why are we paying for top notch care for this woman?
great

Atlantic City, NJ

#8 Sep 18, 2009
So she is getting the same care that the poor 70 year old woman she put in the hospital is also getting. I'm sure the 70 year old lady worked hard and paid for her insurance but this scumbag is getting a free ride on us. Clearly this lady is a burdon on society but hurting an old woman like that is when enough should finally be enough. This piece of trash should be terminated.
joe

United States

#9 Sep 18, 2009
both cops should not be on paid leave !!!! FIRED is more like it...feared for there lives..please lemme get my boots before the B.S. gets any deeper...
Betty

Chelmsford, MA

#10 Sep 18, 2009
Really Joe? so what if this NUT BAG peice of **** beat your 70 year old mother then what? Sounds like to me your a "friend" of hers. Good luck to you hope some day you will get your head out of your ***!
joe wrote:
both cops should not be on paid leave !!!! FIRED is more like it...feared for there lives..please lemme get my boots before the B.S. gets any deeper...
duh

Petersham, MA

#11 Sep 18, 2009
joe wrote:
Would you be saying that if it were your mother she beat up and dragged behind a car leaving her for dead? Lets see, aside from beating up old ladies she also prostitutes herself out on the streets, allegedly beats up her kids who were taken away from her and those are just the things we know about. But you take issue with the fact she was shot in the leg by a cop who was called to respond to this wacko running away from a domestic dispute through the woods?
OhC-Mon

New Britain, CT

#12 Sep 18, 2009
I think the record shows that the CPD is not trigger happy (the last incident was 1989?)
Crazy lady in the trees with long rap sheet? Wailing on Grandma? Hmm, methinks forward her mail to Framingham for a nice long time.

PS She was taken to 'the General', triaged, and sent to B&W... SOP.
true

Billerica, MA

#14 Sep 18, 2009
great wrote:
So she is getting the same care that the poor 70 year old woman she put in the hospital is also getting. I'm sure the 70 year old lady worked hard and paid for her insurance but this **** is getting a free ride on us. Clearly this lady is a burdon on society but hurting an old woman like that is when enough should finally be enough. This piece of trash should be terminated.
Great point...it's very sad that our society works this way.
true

Billerica, MA

#15 Sep 18, 2009
joe wrote:
too bad your friend is shot and now facing criminal charges, but it is HER fault for living her life by hurting others. Karma...
P J TANDUS

Edinburg, TX

#16 Sep 18, 2009
As I stated in yesterdays post, it should have been a "gut shot". Delivering real pain, but without much chance of a "kill shot".
I seriously doubt that the cop knew that this "turd" was wanted and what for. This was a "stand-alone" event.
Now knowing of her past, it is not hard to believe that she would do something to cause the cop to respond with his weapon.
Now, if only the "bleeding heart" courts will do thier job and not cut her any slack.
P.J. TANDUS
LAGUNA VISTA, TX.
william

Glen Burnie, MD

#17 Sep 18, 2009
parents, see what drugs and alc will do to your children....
funkifized

Lowell, MA

#18 Sep 18, 2009
joe wrote:
Way to make friends and influence people, Joe. BTW, that was "feared for his safety". A little reading goes a long way. After giving her lawful orders which she disregarded, it becomes apparent that she threatened him in some way, possibly with a weapon. Not only should this guy not be fired, he should be given a medal for taking this piece of crap off of the streets of Chelmsford.

Go Officer Bourke!

People, realize that this Joe character has been talking trash about this cop for 3 days on this forum. He's obviously got some issues with authority.
Common sense

Lowell, MA

#19 Sep 18, 2009
Big_Pimple wrote:
People like this should be Spayed or Neutered while in the hospital.
Can't say I can disagree with that...

Her attorney made me laugh though "she's never had crutches before and she is still learning on how to use them". Apparently this piece of crap has an IQ of a struck match...
Rob

Nashua, NH

#20 Sep 18, 2009
joe wrote:
Sounds to me like you could go out barefoot Joe....Maybe a little mad about a ticket you got??? Most people that have negative views of the police have them cause they are trash as well. I dont think corruption and excessive force are prevelant in a town like Chelmsford.
quasi nation

Lowell, MA

#21 Sep 18, 2009
Taxpayer1946 wrote:
Why was this woman taken to Brigham and Womwn's rather than Lowell General? Her injuries were not life threatening. I am sure the taxpayer paid for the ambulance ride to Boston as well as Brighams' high rates.
Unbelieveable I didn't think of that at all you are so right unless she is still carrying her xhusbands insurance from the town he is a police officer in I would hope that that's the case but either way she's a loser and a bigger loser for beating that poor, poor 70 year old woman.
I hope that gun shot hurt her real bad. I am not that type of person that hopes for things like this but in this case yes I can be that type of person.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beverly Dalton Mar '18 Taylor and John 1
News Satanic Temple member fights Missouri abortion ... Jan '18 cpeter1313 1
News Murder of trans advocate highlights the danger ... Jan '18 Ozzie 6
Former dance studio at 280 Jefferson Avenue (Mar '15) Jan '18 Bill 2
Question about various parks in Salem and who w... Jan '18 Bill 1
Salem commons in need of renovations (Aug '17) Dec '17 Stephen D Clark 2
News Urban gangs seen moving into suburbs (Jun '06) Dec '17 Stephen D Clark 30

Manchester Jobs

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages