State Court Will Hear Vernon Citizens...

State Court Will Hear Vernon Citizens' Appeal

There are 7 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jun 30, 2008, titled State Court Will Hear Vernon Citizens' Appeal. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

The citizens, who formed Smart Growth for Vernon and fought the Home Depot proposal, appealed the agreement with the assistance of their lawyer, Derek V. Oatis of Manchester.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Will

AOL

#1 Jul 1, 2008
Who is paying for Attorney Oatis and all the other legal work done by this group to hault WalMart and Home Depot? Has anyone looked into that?

Since: Jun 08

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Jul 1, 2008
Who in the world does not want a store that will pay taxes and hire 300 people? Who is paying off who? Where does someone buy lumber or tools in Vernon? That's right, in Manchester. The dummies better think twice on whom they keep out of town. We need jobs and retail to pay taxes. Get it?
next
This will create jobs

Ellington, CT

#3 Jul 1, 2008
These residents need to rethink their agenda. The retailers will create jobs for those in the area plus pay taxes to the Town of Vernon. I live in the area and I say YES to Walmart or Home Depot. Everytime we need something, we have to go into Manchester Buckland Hills area which is too crowded. With the price of gas, it would be nice to have another option besides Kmart in town.
What do you say

White River Junction, VT

#4 Jul 1, 2008
These people are the knuckleheads who were dumb enough to buy property on Rt. 31 and now theyre mad because they cant back out of their driveways. Well, why should the rest of us pay for your poor real estate choice? Dont sit there and tell me you care about the environmental impact from the store. The land is ALREADY DEVELOPED, MORON! Its an overgrown baseball field complex thats been closed for 5-6 years now. Its a travesty. That is prime retail real estate. Youre darn right the taxes would be great. We cant buy parts for broken down dump trucks and they took the dumpsters out of all the town buildings. But NOOO we cant risk Mr. John Q. Dumba$$es fragile sensibilities, can we? God forbid he should have to look out his window and see a Home Depot across the street!
John

AOL

#5 Jul 1, 2008
Will has a good question. Who is financing this campaign. Certainly not the individual members of the Smart Growth group. As has been said many times in many situations, "Follow the money" and you get the real agenda.
Mark

New York, NY

#6 Jul 7, 2008
I used to live in Vernon. I think the Home Depot deal will bring decent jobs to Vernon. It could be worse. You could have gotten stuck with a WalMart.
Tom

AOL

#7 Jul 7, 2008
Mark wrote:
I used to live in Vernon. I think the Home Depot deal will bring decent jobs to Vernon. It could be worse. You could have gotten stuck with a WalMart.
Home Depot will be a nice addition to Vernon. Regarding Will's question. Both WalMart and Home Depot are non-union. Guess who might be upfronting money to the Smart Growth group!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Danvers Jan '17 VictorOrians 1
1-2 Bedroom Apartment Nov '16 CrattleCrie 1
News Dad-of-three cop 'rapes male prisoner in broom ... Nov '16 Now What 1
For rents Sep '16 NewToBeverly 1
Essex County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests Records Sep '16 Daniel 2
News Six New Homes Break Ground at Summer Hill (Aug '14) Aug '14 Sad Squared 1
News Great Barrington plastic bag ban to start Jan. 1 (Aug '13) Aug '13 Communist Praxis 1

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages