Man Arraigned On Indecency Charge

Man Arraigned On Indecency Charge

There are 6 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jul 12, 2008, titled Man Arraigned On Indecency Charge. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

John Clifford , 30, of 25 Pleasant St., was arrested by warrant Thursday and presented in court on charges of burglary, breach of peace, larceny and public indecency that stem from incidents at the Velvet Mills ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

YOU NEVER KNOW

United States

#1 Jul 12, 2008
This reminds me of a story going around in the mid-1950's about a mentally ill man in an institution who absolutely refused to wear any clothes, but would only wear a hat. When the doctors asked him why he would not wear clothes, he replied that nobody ever came to see him, that the entire time he was in the hospital, not one person came to see him, so why should he wear clothes. The doctor then asked, why then do you wear a hat? The mentally impaired man said "Well, you never know, somebody MIGHT come."
Solution

Wallingford, CT

#2 Jul 12, 2008
Lol, that was funny as hell.
YOU NEVER KNOW wrote:
This reminds me of a story going around in the mid-1950's about a mentally ill man in an institution who absolutely refused to wear any clothes, but would only wear a hat. When the doctors asked him why he would not wear clothes, he replied that nobody ever came to see him, that the entire time he was in the hospital, not one person came to see him, so why should he wear clothes. The doctor then asked, why then do you wear a hat? The mentally impaired man said "Well, you never know, somebody MIGHT come."
Inner City Hartford Boy

Raleigh, NC

#3 Jul 12, 2008
It wasn't me.
WERE THEY WHITE

United States

#4 Jul 13, 2008
In this story, it says the man in question wore ONLY sneakers and a hat. If the items were both WHITE, perhaps he thought he was impersonating a Q-Tip.
JBC

Greenfield, MA

#5 Jul 13, 2008
Definitely a Yankee hat.
6079smithw

Reno, NV

#6 Jul 13, 2008
I thought it was bad manners to wear a hat in a building?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Firm again seeks to grow medical marijuana in B... Mar 17 Pittsfield ma res... 1
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Danvers Jan '17 VictorOrians 1
1-2 Bedroom Apartment Nov '16 CrattleCrie 1
News Dad-of-three cop 'rapes male prisoner in broom ... Nov '16 Now What 1
News Six New Homes Break Ground at Summer Hill (Aug '14) Aug '14 Sad Squared 1
News Great Barrington plastic bag ban to start Jan. 1 (Aug '13) Aug '13 Communist Praxis 1
Debate: Romney-Ryan - Manchester, MA (Aug '12) Aug '12 Reggie Gleason 1

Manchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manchester Mortgages