First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Please help me

AOL

#1 May 13, 2013
I'm a single mother of a 5 year old child, and we have no money. I don't know where to turn. I have no family, and my son and I live alone. I've been looking everywhere for a job, but cannot find one. I've called the food stamp office, and they said they would help me with food, but I cannot get finacial assistance. I don't know where to turn or who to ask for help. I'm scared and alone and have a child that is counting on me to provide for him, and I don't know what to do....can someone please help me???
lesson learn

London, KY

#2 May 13, 2013
Good example of why we need to use Birth control.
need more info

Greenwood, IN

#3 May 13, 2013
Hey, there is a food pantry in the old mid east fors building. If u would like to email me my address is elizaalyx27@gmail.com. I would really like to try to help you. Email me if you want to. God Bless You!
Help

London, KY

#4 May 13, 2013
Does your child attend kindergarten. The school resource center could be a source of help. What community are you from? A church in your community could help out.
Help

London, KY

#5 May 13, 2013
The most important thing is not to be ashamed of your situation...there are good people who can help you out until you get on your feet. Maybe talk to your child's teacher.
Please help me

AOL

#6 May 13, 2013
Help wrote:
Does your child attend kindergarten. The school resource center could be a source of help. What community are you from? A church in your community could help out.
I live in Manchester. I don't attend a church. I'm not sure where to call, or who to ask for help. Thank you.....
Please help me

AOL

#7 May 13, 2013
lesson learn wrote:
I used birth contol until my son's father and I decided to have him. His dad walked out on us, and left us with nothing, and I don't know where to turn. I don't have 6 or 8 kids that I cannot provide for. I have 1. I don't use drugs, and I go to school full time trying to get my degree so that I can make a life my son and I. Not everyone is a low life like your assuming I am.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#8 May 13, 2013
You should qualify for a grant if you are going to college they got grants for single mother's that will help pay all kinda things. What about the father have you tried to get child support? You do not have to go to church to ask them for help they will do what they can for you. Just go on-line look for Government Grant for single mother's and some of them you do not have to pay anything back. I hope this helps. On here you will get all kinds of smart ass remarks, but do not pay no attention to them. Good Luck.
My fav

Greenwood, IN

#9 May 13, 2013
need more info wrote:
Hey, there is a food pantry in the old mid east fors building. If u would like to email me my address is elizaalyx27@gmail.com. I would really like to try to help you. Email me if you want to. God Bless You!
I offered to try and help, email me.
afdc

London, KY

#10 May 13, 2013
My fav wrote:
<quoted text>
Cash work best fur me.
Please help me

AOL

#11 May 13, 2013
My fav wrote:
<quoted text>
I did email you.
Unsure

Nancy, KY

#12 May 13, 2013
How do you have the Internet?
Educator

Nancy, KY

#13 May 13, 2013
There is also housing available thru the state for single mothers. I just don't understand why you would have nothing! It makes no sense! You would qualify for grants, that's a given. Plus welfare if no spouse, plus food stamps, plus medical coverage. Government housing assistance. I am sorry but something doesn't make sense. I know for a fact if your situation is the way you say it is you qualify for state grants. The state has programs for single mothers and low income. Which is unfair to everyone else, but that's for another time !!
Teacher

Nancy, KY

#14 May 13, 2013
There is no way under the sun if your situation is the you describe it, that you don't qualify for student aid!!! As the post mentioned above, there are several available to people like you. And like everything else that is given to single mothers you don't have to pay it back.
Sounds like you need to quite school, get a job, get on your feet and get grounded. Once your head is above water and you got a routine than start back to school!
expensive

London, KY

#15 May 14, 2013
lesson learn wrote:
Good point , we should think about how were going to live and raise our kids before we get them and there put into places like this.
notwhereishouldb e

UK

#16 May 14, 2013
expensive wrote:
<quoted text>Good point , we should think about how were going to live and raise our kids before we get them and there put into places like this.
If you read her posts, she'd already thought about that. Her partner ran out on her. How do you plan for that? She sounds pretty young and very scared.
Lets stop judging shall we and perhaps offer a little help, even if it's just good ideas and advice.
My fav

Greenwood, IN

#17 May 14, 2013
Hey I just got your email and sent you one back.
wondering

Manchester, KY

#18 May 14, 2013
Just wondering, if she in such a bad shape how she afford internet, oh wait bet she got a Obama phone to use.
Please help me

AOL

#19 May 14, 2013
As far as a grant, I get $750 every 3-4 for going to school. When my grant for school goes through after I pass my 3 classes per semester, it then goes to the loan company to pay on the interest for my student loans that I had to take out to go to school. If I were to quit school right now, I would immediately have to start paying back those loans. If I finish school they are on a 5 year deferment. As for other grants, I have no idea where to even begin. For those of you that are judging me, I can only pray that you will never be in the situation I'm in. I had to take this apartment because I had to have somewhere to go with my son immediately. Federal housing is nice, but a lot of people want it, therefore there is a long waiting list. What money I had went toward getting my son and I this place. I never planned on my husband walking out on us. That is something that no one can ever plan for, and again I pray that it never happens to those that feel its okay to judge me and my situation.
Please help me

AOL

#20 May 14, 2013
Thats every 3-4 months.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big Fat Jane Foister 1 hr Time Tells It All 11
Johnny Holland (Feb '13) 3 hr Friend of Amy 16
the bowman girls 3 hr family 8
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 hr ole Joe 7,392
when u snooze u loose 4 hr bored 7
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 hr John316 155,559
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 6 hr butthead 1,073
School Board Tax 7 hr old hickory 61
Manchester Dating
Find my Match

Manchester Jobs

Manchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Manchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Manchester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]